Tsu Toronados On Rampart Street

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether / when this tune was booted..

My feeling was this ebay sale of TSU Toronados on Rampart Street https://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT looked like a boot, even though I wasn't aware it had been booted, I decided not to bid on that basis.

The seller describes it as "In Demand Soul!! Mint Condition US 45 although all the copies have a very slight intererence for about the first 10 seconds which is bearly audible."

Another worry in the description was the 'all copies' comment. Now I know that the Rampart Street original pressing has some inherent noise, but was this clever wording to identify a 'copy' i.e. boot or was the seller merely pointing out the pressing fault that I'm aware of?

So was my intuition right or have I missed a bargain?

Cheers,

Greg.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Think this is Andy Davies so I'd be surprised if he was trying to stiff anybody

Not suggesting anybody's stiffing anyone as I'm unaware of a boot and believe the seller was convinced of the authenticity - but this copy is visually different to any other I've seen personally and I was only saying the description was a little ambiguous, although the point about distortion for the first few turns is correct for all the copies I've heard, so I'm even more keen to find out if this has been seen before by any of our learned members.

But, as I said, the main point was I wasn't aware of a boot so I'm looking for anyone who has seen this before.

The one that sold in the link above has a centre that tapers in half way toward the centre on the label (see pic 1) - this is not the case with ones I've seen before (see pic 2).

I was going to bid but because I wasn't 100% didn't do so in the end.

There were no where near the amount of bidders/watchers for this copy as for others I've seen on Ebay and it didn't reach anywhere near the usual going rate.

So, the question remains, did I miss out on a bargain or has a boot ever been produced?

Pic 1 post-17206-12745409721477_thumb.jpg Pic 2 post-17206-12745409813823_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Greg.

Edited by ClearVinyl
Social source share

Not suggesting anybody's stiffing anyone as I'm unaware of a boot and believe the seller was convinced of the authenticity - but this copy is visually different to any other I've seen personally and I was only saying the description was a little ambiguous, although the point about distortion for the first few turns is correct for all the copies I've heard, so I'm even more keen to find out if this has been seen before by any of our learned members.

But, as I said, the main point was I wasn't aware of a boot so I'm looking for anyone who has seen this before.

The one that sold in the link above has a centre that tapers in half way toward the centre on the label (see pic 1) - this is not the case with ones I've seen before (see pic 2).

I was going to bid but because I wasn't 100% didn't do so in the end.

There were no where near the amount of bidders/watchers for this copy as for others I've seen on Ebay and it didn't reach anywhere near the usual going rate.

So, the question remains, did I miss out on a bargain or has a boot ever been produced?

Pic 1 post-17206-12745409721477_thumb.jpg Pic 2 post-17206-12745409813823_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Greg.

I have never heard of it being booted.

Pictures of records can look very different because of lighting and different scanners/cameras.

Social source share

Right, I've spent some time on Popsike looking at previous sales and..

I'm still not completely sure, but it looks like I may well have missed out on a bargain. Bo**ocks!

In all probability, the camera has lied again and the difference I alluded to in my last post, is merely a case of light and shadow.

If this is the case, it's not the first time that a colour difference or other camera created difference put buyers off.

As I said, if anyone knows better let me know, otherwise I'll chalk this one down to experience.

Many Thanks,

Greg.

Social source share

I have never heard of it being booted.

Pictures of records can look very different because of lighting and different scanners/cameras.

Yep, unfortunately this one got me thinking too much with so many boots on Ebay UK.

Didn't think it had ever been booted even more convinced now - feck! rolleyes.gif

Cheers..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!