2010-10-01 Soulvation Newquay Weekender

DJ LINE UP FOR SOULVATION NEWQUAY WEEKENDER OCTOBER 1 - 3 .

RICHARD SEARLING

JOHN MANSHIP

PETE LYSTER

MICK H

DAVE GREET

NEIL RUSHTON

MATT FROM TROWBRIDGE

STEVE LLOYD

ADY HEANEY

MICK LLOYD

GARY HOLYMAN

TERRY JONES

SIMON WHITE

SEAN LIVESEY

TONY BOWD

Newquay Weekender just keeps getting better and better.

The recent one was superb - hopefully October will raise the bar even higher!

The Weekender will again take place at The Cliffdene Hotel. Hotel/Weekend Pass Packages are £99 for Friday/Saturday and £139 Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

Weekend passes are £30 each. Single rooms at The Cliffdene almost gone!

All the Best,

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 62
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO WHATS GONNA BE A BRILLIANT WEEKEND.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK NEIL OF PUSHING FORWARD THE SCENE thumbsup.gif SEE YOU SOON STEVE AND KATH POWELL.

Full details and facility to order Accomodation/Weekend Passes packages, or Weekend Passes only, now available on the web site

www.soulvation.biz

Got people coming from all over, including Edinburgh which is the furthest distance I can remember for any UK travellers to the Newquay Weekender.

If you want to guarantee your Hotel Room get your booking in now ...you can pay full amount or a deposit of just £10 per head.

All the Best,

Neil

• 1 month later...

All rooms @ The Cliffdene gone apart from 4 x twins.

All doubles, singles and family rooms gone.

Will be looking to come up with another hotel for those who can't get into The Cliffdene,but if you want to stay at The Cliffdene then get your booking in fast!

All the Best,

Neil

Edited by NeilRushton1
  • 3 weeks later...

The only accomodation left at The Cliffdene is

2 x single rooms

OR

1 x twin

If you want anymore info please PM me.

To book securely on line (PayPal/Debit/Credit Card) go to www.soulvation.biz

Thanks to everyone for the support...going to be a cracking weekender

And it will be our strongest Friday night yet - Richard Searling, John Manship and Mick H be playing in in the Northern room on Friday night only.

Richard will also be playing in the Modern Room on Friday night.

And Richard and Mick H wlll also be at Fistral Blu bar for the Saturday afternoon shenanigans.,

All the Best,

Neil

just booked last night..think i must have the last twin ?..:hatsoff2:

Yes you did Alex. You got the last available room @ The Cliffdene,

For those making their own accomodation arrangements, there are weekend passes available @ £30.

Am also hoping to be able to give details by end of the week of Soulvation Packages - Music Weekend Passes/Hotel Accomodation for Friday -

Saturday or Friday-Saturday-Sunday fat an extra hotel very close to The Cliffdene.

Incredibly, rooms @ The Cliffdene are also going fast for the Newquay Weekender Bank Holiday Weekend April 29 to May 1. To book an accomodation/music pass package you need to pay a deposit of only £10 per person via the web site - www.soulvation.biz

All the Best,

Neil.

Have just got back from visit to Newquay sorting out final arrangements for the October weekender.

To cater for the demand, have taken 20 hotel rooms at The Great Western. This has been used for accomodation in the past, has just had a renovation, and is very close to The Cliffdene.

Can offer a really good value for money deal at The Great Western...this is for room only (food is available to pay for separately, their Cornish breakfast is £4.95) with Weekend Musis Pass part of the package.

Friday & Saturday - Sharing Twin/Double Rooms/Music Pass - £75 per person. If you want to stay Sunday as well, add £20 per person.

If you want a single room /Weekend Pass it is £100 for Friday/Saturday. If you want to stay Sunday as well, add £30.

If you are interested in following this up - PM me or e-mail - neilrushton2@btinternet.com

Stop press news - in addition to the Saturday afternoon session at FistralBlu beach bar overlooking Fistral Beach on Saturday afternoon, we are looking to hold a Sunday afternoon session at another beach bar in Newquay, details will be announced as soon as they are confirmed.

If you want to sort out your own accomodation no problem, Weekend Passes are £30 each. Only people with Weekend Passes will be allowed into the Sunday night finale session at The Cliffdene.

All the Best,

Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Have just got back from visit to Newquay sorting out final arrangements for the October weekender.

To cater for the demand, have taken 20 hotel rooms at The Great Western. This has been used for accomodation in the past, has just had a renovation, and is very close to The Cliffdene.

Can offer a really good value for money deal at The Great Western...this is for room only (food is available to pay for separately, their Cornish breakfast is £4.95) with Weekend Musis Pass part of the package.

Friday & Saturday - Sharing Twin/Double Rooms/Music Pass - £75 per person. If you want to stay Sunday as well, add £20 per person.

If you want a single room /Weekend Pass it is £100 for Friday/Saturday. If you want to stay Sunday as well, add £30.

If you are interested in following this up - PM me or e-mail - neilrushton2@btinternet.com

Stop press news - in addition to the Saturday afternoon session at FistralBlu beach bar overlooking Fistral Beach on Saturday afternoon, we are looking to hold a Sunday afternoon session at another beach bar in Newquay, details will be announced as soon as they are confirmed.

If you want to sort out your own accomodation no problem, Weekend Passes are £30 each. Only people with Weekend Passes will be allowed into the Sunday night finale session at The Cliffdene.

All the Best,

Neil

email on its way :ohmy:

The Sunday afternoon session at The Kahuna Bar on Tolcarne Beach - opposite The Cliffdene Hotel - has now been confirmed.

So Weekender will be -

Friday

From 2pm - Check in and Weekend Passes Collection at Cliffdene Hotel reception and meet and greet (and drink!) together in the bar with an ecletic selection of Soul in the background. Complimentary Bucks Fizz served at 5pm.

8pm till 4am - Northern & Modern Rooms @ The Cliffdene

Saturday

12 noon till 6pm - Crossover and Modern Session in FistralBlu beach bar overlooking Fistral Beach.

8pm till 4am - Northern & Modern Rooms @ The Cliffdene

Sunday

12 noon till 6pm - Chilling Out Session in Kahuna Beach Bar on Tolcarne Beach

8pm till 2am - Party Night Anthem Sessions in Modern & Northern Rooms

Weekend Passes £30

Hotel Accomodation available at Great Western Hotel and (after making space by moving staff) a few rooms now available at The Cliffdene.

If you're interested in coming along e-mail me on - neilrushton 2@btinternet.com

Edited by NeilRushton1

Two weeks from now and the Bucks Fizz will be flowing at the Meet and Greet in the bar @ The Cliffdene Hotel.

As well as the sessions at The Cliffdene, am really looking to the Saturday afternoon session (Crossover/Modern Soul) @ FistralBlu Beach Bar Saturday afternoon,,and the Sunday afternoon chillout at Kahuna Beach Bar (Across The Board) on Tolcarne Beach opposite The Cliffdene.

All accomodation at The Cliffdene is SOLD OUT.

Weekend Passes @ £30 each are available.

Have also arranged Accomodation/Weekend Pass packages at The Great Western Hotel, which is witin close walking distance of The Cliffdene, and has been used to provide accomodation at previous Newquay Weekenders,,

The deals are GREAT VALUE!

Friday/Saturday night accomodation/Music Weekend Pass - £75 per person

Friday/Saturday/Sunday night accomodation/Music Weekend Pass - £100 per person

(Based on 2 people sharing a room, and food extra)

Can be booked securely on line (PayPal/Credit/Debit Card) - www.soulvation.biz

DJ Timetable will be posted up on the web site and Soul Source this Weekend.,

All the Best,

Neil

Here's some of the records I am thinking of playing at the Sarturday afternoon session at FistralBlu beach bar,

A cold cider, sweet Soul music and that incredible view...

STRANGERS IN DARK CORNERS - TAVARES

YOU CALL ME BACK - CLYDE BROWN

WHAT HURTS - GROVER MITCHELL

NOT ENOUGH LOVE TO SATISFY - 100 PROOF AGED IN SOUL

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN MY LIFE - HOLLAND-DOZIER FEATURING LAMONT DOZIER

YOU GOT ME RUNNING - LENNY WILLIAMS

EACH MORNING I WAKE UP - THE MAJOR HARRIS BOOGIE BLUES BAND

IT'S ALL OVER - JACKIE WILSON

I'M FALLING IN LOVE (I FEEL GOOD ALL OVER) - FANTASTIC FOUR

I'M OUT OF YOUR LIFE - ARNIE'S LOVE

I'VE BEEN TRYING - THE CHANTS

YOU'RE WHAT'S MISSING IN MY LIFE - G.C.CAMERON

HOME IS WHERE THE HATRED IS - ESTHER PHILLIPS

MAN UP IN THE SKY - BARRETT STRONG

SWEETNESS - JOE WILSON

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN - LONNIE LISTON SMITH

NOTHING LEFT TO GIVE - THELMA HOUSTON

I CAN'T SEE ME LEAVING YOU - JJ BARNES

That gives you a good flavour of what Saturday afternoon at Fistral is all about.

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

Here's some of the records I am thinking of playing at the Sarturday afternoon session at FistralBlu beach bar,

A cold cider, sweet Soul music and that incredible view...

STRANGERS IN DARK CORNERS - TAVARES

YOU CALL ME BACK - CLYDE BROWN

WHAT HURTS - GROVER MITCHELL

NOT ENOUGH LOVE TO SATISFY - 100 PROOF AGED IN SOUL

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IN MY LIFE - HOLLAND-DOZIER FEATURING LAMONT DOZIER

YOU GOT ME RUNNING - LENNY WILLIAMS

EACH MORNING I WAKE UP - THE MAJOR HARRIS BOOGIE BLUES BAND

IT'S ALL OVER - JACKIE WILSON

I'M FALLING IN LOVE (I FEEL GOOD ALL OVER) - FANTASTIC FOUR

I'M OUT OF YOUR LIFE - ARNIE'S LOVE

I'VE BEEN TRYING - THE CHANTS

YOU'RE WHAT'S MISSING IN MY LIFE - G.C.CAMERON

HOME IS WHERE THE HATRED IS - ESTHER PHILLIPS

MAN UP IN THE SKY - BARRETT STRONG

SWEETNESS - JOE WILSON

BEAUTIFUL WOMAN - LONNIE LISTON SMITH

NOTHING LEFT TO GIVE - THELMA HOUSTON

I CAN'T SEE ME LEAVING YOU - JJ BARNES

That gives you a good flavour of what Saturday afternoon at Fistral is all about.

Neil

www.soulvation.biz

Really am looking forward to this, missed the May one due to other commitments, with a bit of luck we may have some fine weather as well.Any how a few that may be in / out of my box at the Fistral blu bar :-

MARY MUNDY - YOU PUT A HURTIN ON ME

BOBBY WOMACK - COME L'AMORE

FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY - THERE MUST BE SOMETHING

CLASSIC EXAMPLE - THATS GROOVY

THE IDENTITIES - I CAN FEEL LOVE SLIPPING AWAY

JAMES BROWN - I LOVE YOU FOR SENTIMENTAL REASONS

SHARREN CLARKE - THATS A GOOD REASON

BERES HAMOND - ALL SEASON LOVE

JOE WALKER - THIS IS MY LAST GOODBYE

DARROW FLETCHER - ITS NO MISTAKE

SHARON RIDLEY - WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO MAKE LOVE

THE DELLS - DONT TRICK ME

EL CHICANO - ONE MORE NIGHT

KING DIAMOND - MESSAGE TO THE BLACK WOMAN

ORIGINALS - IM SOMEONE WHO CARES

JO ARMSTEAD - THERES NOT TO MANY MORE LIKE HIM

WILLIE HUTCH - WHEN A BOY FALLS IN LOVE

LAMONT DOZIER - CHECKING EACH OTHER OUT

BRING IT ON !!!!

So, based on what I played lastnight at Soulfusion Soulnites some of the following will be played through the weekender with a smattering of Soulful Sessions goodness :thumbsup:

Roy Ayers & Bah Samba - Positive Vibe

Easylifenatural ft Sena - Bring It On

Raffa Scoccia - Jump

Vicmoren & JM Brothers - Release

Soulstance - Crossroads

Danny Hybrid - Soopasoul

Club Des Belugas - Habana Twist

Know - Graffitti (In America)

Kyoto Jazz Massive - Substream

Richard Earnshaw ft Erik Dillard and Roy Ayers - In Time

Louie Vega & Jay Sinister Sealee - Diamond Life

Louis Benedetti & Sy Smith - I'm Glad That You're Gone

Mr Cee Ft Octavia Rachabane - Pressure

Low Deep T - 3 Lessons in Love

Trevor & Lisa - Night Of The Wolf

Hope you like, come and have a dance in the Modern Room :thumbsup:

Here is Timetable for the Weekender.

Cliffdene Hotel - Meet'n'Greet in the hotel bar from 3pm till 7pm.

Complimentary Bucks Fizz Served @ 5pm

Cliffdene Hotel - Northern/Rare Soul Room

Friday 8pm - 4am

8pm - ADY HEANEY

9.30pm - PETE LYSTER

10.30pm - JOHN MANSHIP

Midnight - NEIL RUSHTON

12,30AM - RICHARD SEARLING

2am - MICK H

---------------------------------

Saturday 8pm - 4am

8pm - ADY HEANEY

9pm - STEVE LLOYD

10pm - GARY HOLYMAN

11pm - MATT FROM TROWBRIDGE

12.30am - PETE LYSTER

2am - DAVE GREET

---------------------------------------

Sunday - 8pm till 2am

Finale Party, Anthems all the way with NEIL RUSHTON, STEVE GAINEY, PETE LYSTER, GARY HOLYMAN

-------------------------------------------

Cliffdene Hotel - Modern Soul Room

Friday 8pm - 4am

8pm - TONY BOWD

9pm - GARY HOLYMAN

10pm - NEIL RUSHTON

10.30pm - RICHARD SEARLING

Midnight - TERRY JONES

1.30am - STEVE LLOYD

3AM - SEAN LIVESEY

--------------------------------------------

Saturday 8pm - 4am

8pm - TONY BOWD/GARY HOLYMAN /JOHN FISHER

11pm - NEIL RUSHTON

12.30am - TERRY JONES

2am - STEVE LLOYD

3am - SEAN LIVESEY

Sunday 8pm -2am

Last Night Finale with LEE VOWLES, TONY BOWD,SEAN LIVESEY, JOHN FISHER, GARY HOLYMAN, NEIL RUSHTON ,PETE LYSTER

-----------------------------------------------------

FistralBlu Beach Bar @ Fistral Beach

Saturday 12 noon till 6pm

Crossover & Modern Soul

Noon - RICHARD SEARLING

1pm - MICK H

2pm - NEIL RUSHTON

3pm - TERRY JONES

4pm - GARY HOLYMAN

5pm - PETE LYSTER

-----------------------------------------

Kahuna Beach Bar @ Tolcane Beach

Sunday 12 noon till 6pm

Across The Board Soul with JOHN FISHER, GARY HOLYMAN, JOE DEAN, STEVE GAINEY,PETE LYSTER, SEAN LIVESEY AND JOE "TWISTED WHEEL" DEAN

Edited by NeilRushton1

Have been informed this morning that rooms at The Great Western Hotel are going fast to regular non Soul Weekender customers, and the Hotel may soon want back some of the ones I have reserved.

If anyone wants to purchase the package of accomodation at The Great Western/Weekend Music Pass please do so asap.

The price is great value for money -

Accomnodation Friday/SaturdayWeekend Music Pass - £75

Accomodation Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Weekend Music Pass - £99

This is based on 2 people sharing a room and does not include food.

To book securely on line via PayPal/Credit/.Debit Card go to

www.soulvation.biz

All the Best,

Neil

Guest him  N  her

Hello John

Weather today here in Cornwall has been FAB , bright warm sunshine

Lets hope it holds;)

Tony and Jo

hi tony and Jo hope the sun is still out looking forward to geting back to Cornwall ,after working in Germany till Thursday,:thumbsup:

Neil ,

Cathy and me really geared up [ errr, well not in that sense ] for this one - we love the buzz of arriving in Newquay, dumping the car and having 3 days of quality quality music., plus the cider drinking contests.

I've already beed requested for these, so they're def coming with me ;

melvin moore - all of a sudden

wendell western - nag on me

chalfontes - he loves me

flairs - you've got to steal it

lynn tait - man is 2 faced

wallie hawkins etc - switch around

duke and leonard - just do the best you can

fascinations [band ] - lucky

lil. major williams

timeless legend - I was born to love you

ward burton - sweet temptation

robert parker - I caught you in a lie

be digging deeper for the afternoon slots on Sat and Sunday.

see you friday

pete

well count down time ,just a few days to the big party,and what a opening night we have in store

A line up of DJs some promotors dream of,The icon of the scene Richard making a rare appearance at the Newquay Weekender

doe,s not come any better than that

Till Friday

B Good

Mick H

Neil, I am gutted not to be attending this superb event, May's event was brilliant from early start to finish, and with all the comments on here it looks like Octobers will be just as good if not better. I will be back in 2011 though so the countdown is on for that one and we already have a growing possee of folks attending.

I wish you every success with this weekender matey and hope everyone enjoys the experience.

Hopefully see you out and about in the next month or so

and to everyone attending this OH YOU LUCKY PEOPLE!!! wish I could be there

best regards

Neil Self

Guest Jonathan Piper

With regards to the tickets, if we could only come to the Friday night event would there be a admission price available for just that night? Thanks, Jonathan

well count down time ,just a few days to the big party,and what a opening night we have in store

A line up of DJs some promotors dream of,The icon of the scene Richard making a rare appearance at the Newquay Weekender

Till Friday

B Good

Mick H

see you on Friday Mick,

are you driving this time, or have you swerved that this time ?

pete

Till Friday

B Good

Mick H

Hi Mick,

We have been looking forward to this for a while and as you say a great DJ line up.

Coming down with us tomorrow is Phil & Sheilah and we should be there for the meet and greet at 3pm.

Not sure whether to bring my surfing outfit or not but I might need to borrow an ironing board if the waves are good!!!

See you at the bar for a sherry

Keith & Sandra

Guest veep1296

Hi Mick,

We have been looking forward to this for a while and as you say a great DJ line up.

Coming down with us tomorrow is Phil & Sheilah and we should be there for the meet and greet at 3pm.

Not sure whether to bring my surfing outfit or not but I might need to borrow an ironing board if the waves are good!!!

See you at the bar for a sherry

Keith & Sandra

An umbrella may be useful!

I'm packing mine!

David Ferguson