• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest miff

with the current interest in High Voltage and World Column, why not 8th Ave Band.

Played it out a few time lately and each time to happy smile faces of peeps remembering back in the day, and it got a full dance floor.

Love it still, funky, infectious, madness.

Dave

Am with you on this dave, great to dance too kinda funky northern, and should go down a storm i would think, always loved it, and was so chuffed when i got my mint demo of ebay for a few dollers,Defo a Cleethorpes sound thumbsup.gif

Social source share

with the current interest in High Voltage and World Column, why not 8th Ave Band.

Played it out a few time lately and each time to happy smile faces of peeps remembering back in the day, and it got a full dance floor.

Love it still, funky, infectious, madness.

Dave

hatsoff2.gif I TOTALLY AGREE, IT'S A SUPERB SLICE!..STRANGE THING THE LAST TIME MICK SMITH WAS A WOLVES RECORD FAIR HE HAD AN ISSUE OF IT IN HIS SALES BOX, WHICH I PULLED OUT TO PLAY, SOUNDED GREAT, TO ME THIS IS A WI GAN SOUND MICK THOUGHT OTHERWISE? (Mecca) I HAVE IT AS A WHITE DEMO~WHICH IS RARER THAN THE 2 DIFFERENT STYLE ISSUE, A MUST PLAY YOU SAY? I SAY YOU ARE RIGHTph34r.gif DAVE KIL.

PS:- Well DONE TO BLACKPOOL FC,

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif I TOTALLY AGREE, IT'S A SUPERB SLICE!..STRANGE THING THE LAST TIME MICK SMITH WAS A WOLVES RECORD FAIR HE HAD AN ISSUE OF IT IN HIS SALES BOX, WHICH I PULLED OUT TO PLAY, SOUNDED GREAT, TO ME THIS IS A WI GAN SOUND MICK THOUGHT OTHERWISE? (Mecca) I HAVE IT AS A WHITE DEMO~WHICH IS RARER THAN THE 2 DIFFERENT STYLE ISSUE, A MUST PLAY YOU SAY? I SAY YOU ARE RIGHTph34r.gif DAVE KIL.

PS:- Well DONE TO BLACKPOOL FC,

Really reminds me of Wigan too. One of the few big sounds that was never botlegged or pressed.

Social source share

Really reminds me of Wigan too. One of the few big sounds that was never botlegged or pressed.

:hatsoff2:HI ALL...JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW BIG THIS WAS! NOT TO GET BOOTED? THAT COULD BE A NEW THREAD! "BIG SOUNDS BUT NEVER BOOTED?/:ph34r:DAVE KIL

post-13241-12749089435747_thumb.jpg "A BIGUN AT WIGUN" :hatsoff2: NICE T DEMO

post-13241-12749089435747_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I think as it was a Columbia release, that there were enough copies around to meet demand back then, plus back in the day, people were a little more wary of pressing major label things, as they would come after you.

Yes but they officially pressed every Columbia/Epic biggie (Poppies, Edwards, Randell, French Fries, Blackwell, Valery, Vibrations etc) but missed this one for some reason - like you say, probably too common.

Social source share

Yes but they officially pressed every Columbia/Epic biggie (Poppies, Edwards, Randell, French Fries, Blackwell, Valery, Vibrations etc) but missed this one for some reason - like you say, probably too common.

Ah yes Columbia Special Products, I wonder who it was that was advising them at the time.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!