How Many Classic Oldies All - Nighters Are There?

Hi,

Been back on the scene for a number of months after years in hibernation and attended a few soul nights and all - nighters and noticed that a lot of the all - nighters play the rare underplayed.

How many Classic Oldies All - Nighters are there?

Best r

Bob

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

Hi,

Been back on the scene for a number of months after years in hibernation and attended a few soul nights and all - nighters and noticed that a lot of the all - nighters play the rare underplayed.

Best r

Bob

Hi Bob,

It's a matter of personal choice, but when i got back into it in 1995, after a few years off, the first nighters i attended were oldies nighters, places like Stoke for example. I soon realised that i didn't want to keep hearing the same records i'd been listening too when i was a teenager so stopped going to specifically oldies nights and nighters (apart from the Coop in Nuneaton). I know it's comfy and safe but if i was getting back into it now i'd give the oldies nighters a miss to be honest. thumbsup.gif

To be honest the main room of most big nighters play plenty of classic oldies in the mix.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Hi Bob,

It's a matter of personal choice, but when i got back into it in 1995, after a few years off, the first nighters i attended were oldies nighters, places like Stoke for example. I soon realised that i didn't want to keep hearing the same records i'd been listening too when i was a teenager so stopped going to specifically oldies nights and nighters (apart from the Coop in Nuneaton). I know it's comfy and safe but if i was getting back into it now i'd give the oldies nighters a miss to be honest. thumbsup.gif

To be honest the main room of most big nighters play plenty of classic oldies in the mix.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for a great reply.

I thought I would be the same as yourself, back when I was a teenager I was always following Richard, Pat, Sam etc and eagerly lapping up their current new discoveries and was soon put to sleep once the oldies DJ's did a spot, nowadays though I feel I'm going for the nostalgic buzz and not so much to hear the latest new sound, thats why i'm searching out big all - nighters that are predominantly oldies based.

Comfy and safe can be good.

Best r

Bob

Social source share

Hi Bob,

For your classic oldies nights I'd say Kings hall in Stoke is one of the best ones.

Hi Southpaw,

Ive heard Great things about the Kings Hall and will definately go to the next one.

Best r

Bob

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

One of the biggest oldies allnighters this year will be the Nuneaton Coop on 5th June. NF Porter is on as well. thumbsup.gif

Like i say though, apart from Stoke most big nighters play plenty of oldies in the main room, as most now have a second room (even Stoke) for the lesser played stuff.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest karen b

Hi Big Bob... stoke for sure ! nuneaton too ! also samanthas sheffield, still looks , sounds and feels like 1975 lol next one 19th june !

pete n' susan ktf.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifMaybe so for the venues, and music, but when you look around all (but a couple)

will look like their mums and dads did back then!!!ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Lets face it, and I was there, and am still there, the average age of the uk Northern Fan is over 45, (well over)

so Big Bob either wear rose tinted specs or a blindfold coz at some of these oldies venues there

are well.................................................................................................(vests!)......................no.gifno.gifno.gifno.gifno.gif

but make sure you don't cover your ears because the music is still what its all about.

If you fancy dipping your toe into the exciting European scene I can tell you that Ryan Air have

just put up flights to Hamburg for less than £40 return inc taxes etc to co incide with the Oct weekender,

personally can't get to this one but the Buzz and vibes and knowledge are fantastic in Germany, Spain

Italy, Sweden and most of the continent are infectious.

P M me if you want any info for which are the most oldie orientated, and welcome back.

Karen xxx (a child of the fifties)wink.gif

Social source share

P M me if you want any info for which are the most oldie orientated, and welcome back.

Are there ANY oldie orientated sorta nights in " EUROPE" Karen??? :thumbsup:

Hope ya good

Nige B

Social source share

Guest karen b

Are there ANY oldie orientated sorta nights in " EUROPE" Karen??? :g:

Hope ya good

Nige B

Hiya Nige,

I'll let you know next week after Rimini weekender,lolyes.gif on way to airport soon,

Perhaps I am not the right person to advise on this genre of 'the scene'

because what I call an oldie and what others call an oldie, well thats another thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it Ms or Yate or Stafford or Cleethorpes Hinckley Mecca Sams Va Vas Ritz Cats or 100 club et al or just the usual top 500 the ones

Paul o'Grady plays on radio 2 on Sunday night?????g.gif

WARNING.............. DO NOT travel any distance, home or away without reading ALL previous playlists .

Wherever you choose to spend your door money have fun,

Hope to see you soon Nige,

Love Karen xxx

Karen xxx

Edited by karen b
Social source share

Hi,

Best r

Bob

IMHO to many regards johno

Social source share

Hi,

Best r

Bob

All of them! :g:

]

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Hi,

Best r

Bob

Because generally at most good niters the promoters want the guys who have the best collections Djing for them. Because they are still finding

and breaking stuff and not content churning out stuff that was big in the 70s.

Ive said it before and at risk of repeating it. There are in my opinion to many DJs on the sceneyes.gif

Hope your enjoying Bob

Best

Paul

Social source share

and stafford stuff.......regards mark

I wish that Stafford TOTW sounds did get played at oldies nights but in my experience it's always the same tired old overplayed sounds..yes I like them but don't want to hear Frank Wilson, Superlatives etc yet another time at a do.

Hey not being contraversial...I do realise the scene is a broad church but if I heard Stafford Sounds at Oldies nights then I might turn up!

Oldies doesn't seem to include Stafford sounds for some reason..they seem to still be considered new 6T's 25 years on!

Jonzy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert