Bestwood Soul Club Nottingham

Bit late with a looksback....bit of a hangover yesterday :D. Anyhow as ever Bestwood was steady and sure. The right folk in listening to soul music,From ya classics to the stupid rare. Nice to see a few old faces,not old as in look old :ohmy: but you know what i mean. The ATTIC LADS :thumbsup:. Sorry Bigpaul , didnt get time for the B****** s talk,maybe sometime soon. Always good to see Nige Brown and even Simon Hunt was in the house. That made my double deck partners night :yes:. Any how Spiv was the Biz and Ted ..well what can you expect from such a collection....just brill. A enjoyable night..my opinion of course . I double deck with Jono which was good,always good to have some extra input. Next ones in July...24th..see ya there.

Spins from 19:30,,ish to 21.15

Billy Keen - I Finally Got Wise

Joe Douglas - Crazy Things

Claude Huey - Feel Good All Over

John Lucien -What A Difference Love Makes

The Winstons - Aint Nothing Like A Little Lovin

Tobi Lark - Happiness is Here

Tony Hestor - Watch Yourself

Precisions - Dream Girl

Liz Verdi -Think It Over And Be Sure

Beverly & The Del- Capris - Mama I Think Im In Love

Jackie Follet - I Am What I am

Groovers - Im A Bashful Guy

Gene Chandler - I Hate To Be The One To Say

Artistics - I'll Come Running

Dean Parrish - Im Over Eighteen

Marvelows - You're Little Sister

Fantastics - Me & You

Garland Green - It Rained Forty Days & Nights

Vala Reagan - Fireman

Vontastics - I'll Never Say Goodbye

Tyree Glen - Yesterday

Patti Austin - Ive Given you All My Love

Herbert Hunter - Happy Go Lucky

Bobby Taylor - Dont Be Afraid

Esquires - Woman

Cheers jim :yes:

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ya beat me to it Jim Lad

I was wondering why no one had bothered to comment on last sat night!!

To me it was Musically and Socially a Top Drawer Evening!!

All the Resident DJs playing some Bloody Great Stuff THAT ANY SOUL NIGHT SHOULD ENVY!!

But THEN the Nemisis of Soul went on Stage ,,,,,,, TED MASSEY!!

My god Teddy toon after toon after toon everyone a bloody Monster and so well fookin put together as well the SET just flowed!!hatsoff2.gif

As Carms said to me " Teds just played my Dream Set" total quality!!

Playlist please sir!!!

All those years of having you on at the Aqua have paid off Sir Ted lol lolbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Great Nite , Great Peeps and Music to Die For!!

Im sure weve met before but lovely to meet Misss Fatty Bum Bumius toowink.gif

Piccis in the Gallery!

Nige B x

post-1851-1274720059262_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nige Brown
Guest BigPaul

nono.gif

Bit late with a looksback....bit of a hangover yesterday sad.gif. Anyhow as ever Bestwood was steady and sure. The right folk in listening to soul music,From ya classics to the stupid rare. Nice to see a few old faces,not old as in look old huh.gif but you know what i mean. The ATTIC LADS thumbsup.gif. Sorry Bigpaul , didnt get time for the B****** s talk,maybe sometime soon. Always good to see Nige Brown and even Simon Hunt was in the house. That made my double deck partners night laugh.gif. Any how Spiv was the Biz and Ted ..well what can you expect from such a collection....just brill. A enjoyable night..my opinion of course . I double deck with Jono which was good,always good to have some extra input. Next ones in July...24th..see ya there.

Spins from 19:30,,ish to 21.15

Billy Keen - I Finally Got Wisesweatingbullets.gif

Joe Douglas - Crazy Things

Claude Huey - Feel Good All Over

John Lucien -What A Difference Love Makes

The Winstons - Aint Nothing Like A Little Lovin

Tobi Lark - Happiness is Here

Tony Hestor - Watch Yourself

Precisions - Dream Girl

Liz Verdi -Think It Over And Be Sure

Beverly & The Del- Capris - Mama I Think Im In Love

Jackie Follet - I Am What I am

Groovers - Im A Bashful Guy

Gene Chandler - I Hate To Be The One To Say

Artistics - I'll Come Running

Dean Parrish - Im Over Eighteen

Marvelows - You're Little Sister

Fantastics - Me & You

Garland Green - It Rained Forty Days & Nights

Vala Reagan - Fireman

Vontastics - I'll Never Say Goodbye

Tyree Glen - Yesterday

Patti Austin - Ive Given you All My Love

Herbert Hunter - Happy Go Lucky

Bobby Taylor - Dont Be Afraid

Esquires - Woman

Cheers jim thumbsup.gif

Well i was talking the usual shite all nitewhistling.gif

Dont know if people were laughing at me or with mesad.gif not bothered a fook anyrodenono.gif

Hadnt been out for a couple a weeks due to burnt outshhh.gif

Caught the back of your offerings Jim (think Johnno span a few to)

On to Spiv with a nice set and then the master certainly tested my energy levels on a very hot night thumbsup.gif

With a master class in rare uptempo dancers,thank s for slowing it down towards the end of the setsweatingbullets.gif

Shame the night had to wrap up at the witching hourwhistling.gif

Had a great nite of fun and games wi me buddies and we even took the girls along whistling.gif

Nice to Mick and Lucie Donelly and get a photo to, on what Mick says is gonna be there last for a good while

Lou and Woody were over with the master,Nige Brown and his good lady (sure you were pointing that camera at me nuts)lol.Al Taylor and Jackie to, not seen thjem for a bit. Nice to see Vick (Newark) at a soul nite, confirmed Niter man he is. Hope i not forgot no one.

Oh that Cressy fella lol

All in all an excellent Nite

Best

Paul

Edited by BigPaul

Big thanks to the Bestwood lads for asking me to spin a few tunes hot and sweaty night, Spiv that mel Williams you lucky bugger. Wasnt your balls you said Carms was pointing at it was the meatlaugh.gif . try a post a play list up later just so as Nige can add them to his wants listtongue.giflaugh.gif only joking mate thanks for the support

Edited by Ted Massey

I love being Teddy's teddy girl groupie :wub:

but my I ache today I wonder why,cos Ted played a fookin blindin spot and kept me dancing through most of his set :thumbsup:

nice place great dance floor, really enjoyed myself, music was great, everybody happy :thumbsup: lovely to meet fatuims bumius :wub:

Guest BigPaul

I love being Teddy's teddy girl groupie :laugh:

but my I ache today I wonder why,cos Ted played a fookin blindin spot and kept me dancing through most of his set thumbsup.gif

nice place great dance floor, really enjoyed myself, music was great, everybody happy thumbsup.gif lovely to meet fatuims bumius thumbsup.gif

By the looks of Woody, last off, you probably had to carry him from Teds, Reliant Robin and tuck him up:laugh:

Good strong stuff served in Robin Hood country

By the looks of Woody, last off, you probably had to carry him from Teds, Reliant Robin and tuck him uplaugh.gif

Good strong stuff served in Robin Hood country

BLESS HE WAS REALLY TIRED, AND VERY QUIET GOING HOME, IT WAS REALLY LOVELY TO SEE ALL YOU ATTIC LADS OUT WITH YOUR BETTER HALF'S :thumbsup:

AND I FORGOT TO SAY THE RESIDENT DJ,S WERE NOT HALF BAD EITHER :wub:

AND NIGE BROWN IS IN BIG TROUBLE WITH THAT PHOTO :wub:

I AM MUCH BETTER IN REAL LIFE :thumbsup:

I like the room at Bestwood.Vaulted ceiling,well lit bar area for chinstroking and record selling (or buying).Just right sized dancefloor.

Add to that some fine tunes from all.Man of the Match - Ted.Gambrells,Honey & bees,Edith Brown etc etc.

Spiv,Jim and Johnno certainly keep their end up too.Finished off by Steve Austin playing some nice Mecca tunes(Had a tear in me eye so i did).

A couple of piss heads nearly spoilt things,but the reserved nature of the soul community biggrin.gif meant that these guys made complete t*ats of themselves.Not as though they can remember.The barman as well, needs a mention.Has he had a charisma by-pass?.

Great night in good company.thumbsup.gif

Guest Fatius Bumius

:D Hello everyone, nice to finally meet up with some of you too :lol:

Really enjoyed Saturday, always good to put soul source names to real faces and say a quick hello :D

I guarded Teds record box with my life, although at one point I was really tempted to leg it out the back door and thought better of it so I'm having to write this Lookback from smelly Hucknall and not the Bahamas as planned :huh: Both guests played some really nice stuff :ohmy:

Looks like Kevs (kjw) recommendation of the Moda went down well with you all...bellies full and smiling faces, can't fault you.

The piss-head, whoever he was, I told him I was going to nut him if he didn't sit down...he said my dad's over there...erm....how big's ya dad? :(

Charisma bypass.......indeed, or somat like that, done by some back street clinic and while they were at it they bypassed everything else as well as part of an experiment . There's only one bus every two hours out of the village on a Saturday night.......they don't get out much and when they see real folks they don't know how to handle it :yes: A bit like Mansfield Kev :P

See some of you again in July :yes:

Di

x

I like the room at Bestwood.Vaulted ceiling,well lit bar area for chinstroking and record selling (or buying).Just right sized dancefloor.

Add to that some fine tunes from all.Man of the Match - Ted.Gambrells,Honey & bees,Edith Brown etc etc.

Spiv,Jim and Johnno certainly keep their end up too.Finished off by Steve Austin playing some nice Mecca tunes(Had a tear in me eye so i did).

A couple of piss heads nearly spoilt things,but the reserved nature of the soul community biggrin.gif meant that these guys made complete t*ats of themselves.Not as though they can remember.The barman as well, needs a mention.Has he had a charisma by-pass?.

Great night in good company.:lol:

:lol:..:yes: Good to see you Kev. The Piss heads were Father and Son, Di found that out ,as she said she threatend to bang the lad out, he did say he had his dad with him..what a wuss :lol:. Glad you had a good time and see you down at Trent Bridge Sunday :ohmy:

Source Advert