Yer Top 3 Cheap As Chips

Oh yes great thread...........:yes:

try these

Heartaches--Guys and Dolls------Toddlin Town

S.O.S(heart in distress)---Christine Cooper-------Parkway..............................In ya face forgotten Torch sound

I'll Always Love you

--------Artistics------Brunswick....................Sublime 'norvern' 2 sider

Love Song

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Good call. Lots of quality underplayed cheapies from the Stairsteps, Playgirls Love, The Girl I Love, Stay Close To Me and many others. thumbsup.gif

Agreed - right on the money there mate! :yes:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

for me 3 songs i aloways like which are cheap is

Sam and Dave - You Don't Know What You Mean To Me

Jimmy James - A Man Like Me and

Alex Brown - Love Really Hurts Without You

Social source share

What a pointless post, we all bought records far cheaper years ago rolleyes.gif And as for constellations it was more like 20 years ago and it was more than £2 back then. The whole point of the topic is what can you buy cheap TODAY.

O.K. then here's one for ya. TONY MANERO, USE IT BEFORE YOU LOSE IT. His great version of the Bobby Valentin classic Latin mover. Brilliant tune and perfect for today's scene IMO. Can't get much newer either !!

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

Jo Armstead - I've been turned on

good shout Azza!

some great value records

Jesse James - I Know I'll Find Another - Zay

Manhatthans - Give Him Up - Deluxe

Barbara lynn - Nice And Easy - Jetstream

Edited by Ollie Lailey
Social source share

Guest miff

Another 3 from me thumbsup.gif

ANDRE WILLIAMS - YOU GOT IT I WANT IT -

MONGO SANTAMARIA - WE GOT LATIN SOUL -

TONY BRUNO - SMALL TOWN BRING DOWN - BUDDAH -

Social source share

3 cheap tracks that should be easy to pick up

C.O.D.'s - I'm A Good Guy - Kellmac

Joe Simon - When - Sound Stage 7

I.A.P. Co. (Italian Asphalt & Pavement Company) - Great name !!! - Check Yourself - Colossus

Loads of cheap records out there to get, could list way more than 3, all worth a play, keep searchin'

Andy

Social source share

Guest miff

DRAMATICS No rebate on love MAINSTREAM

ODDS and ENDS Let me try TODAY

IMPRESSIONS Since I lost the one I love ABC PARAMOUNT

Ist reserve

MAJOR LANCE That's the story of my life VOLT

Major lance great tune thumbsup.gif

MAJOR LANCE - THATS THE STORY OF MY LIFE -

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

Incredibles - Crying Heart - Audio Arts (how good is this record?)

it's so good, that when i play it.... i have to play it again. and then i play another record, and then i play the Incredibles again.

jacob

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

it's so good, that when i play it.... i have to play it again. and then i play another record, and then i play the Incredibles again.

jacob

I got this 45 last week and i've been doing the same thing! Might put it on now thinking about it.

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

I got this 45 last week and i've been doing the same thing! Might put it on now thinking about it.

i can do that with any of their records though really. just a real quality group.

jacob

Social source share

Guest miff

All ready in ref soul beautifull recored thumbsup.gif

INCREDIBLES - CRYING HEART - AUDIO ARTS -

Social source share

Since I am always moaning about not much actual soul discussions on here, should join on this one, at last a thread about soul music, its always intersting thread and since 99.9% of my records fits in here, of great interest to me . Some off the top of my herad that are already in Refosoul

are

Darrow Fletcher - I Like The The Way (Revue) Record of this thread for me was the Jeanette Williams Stuff tip in the very first post, fantastic record, old Ady Harley tip and absolute monster if you don't mind your dancers with a twist in their oomph, well I would say if you like that record, you should like this, a real powerhouse from someone who is winging his way to being one of my favourite singers.

Dramatics - Choosing Up On You - (Cadet) 70's with a little balls unlike the other record we were talking about on the other thread, smooth and rough at the same time for me this.

Brenda & Tabluations - A Love You Can Depend On (Top And Bottom) Pretty sure this was one of the first records I remember from Wigan, thanks to the gentleman that is Dave Evison, and I have never tired of its beautiful ebullience ever since, fantastic feel good dance ditty, would love to shake my tail feather to it again.

Can't put links to it at the moment but they are there if some kind soul would like to do this.

Social source share

Since I am always moaning about not much actual soul discussions on here, should join on this one, at last a thread about soul music, its always intersting thread and since 99.9% of my records fits in here, of great interest to me . Some off the top of my herad that are already in Refosoul

are

Darrow Fletcher - I Like The The Way (Revue) Record of this thread for me was the Jeanette Williams Stuff tip in the very first post, fantastic record, old Ady Harley tip and absolute monster if you don't mind your dancers with a twist in their oomph, well I would say if you like that record, you should like this, a real powerhouse from someone who is winging his way to being one of my favourite singers.

Dramatics - Choosing Up On You - (Cadet) 70's with a little balls unlike the other record we were talking about on the other thread, smooth and rough at the same time for me this.

Brenda & Tabluations - A Love You Can Depend On (Top And Bottom) Pretty sure this was one of the first records I remember from Wigan, thanks to the gentleman that is Dave Evison, and I have never tired of its beautiful ebullience ever since, fantastic feel good dance ditty, would love to shake my tail feather to it again.

Can't put links to it at the moment but they are there if some kind soul would like to do this.

THE DRAMATICS - CHOOSING UP ON YOU - CADET -

Picture_029_0.jpg

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Stay Close To Me is brilliant...loads of them on UK Buddah yes.gif

Think you'll find that there aren't so many of the first UK issue, Phil....

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Three sublime records that you should never have to pay more than a tenner max for (each):

LITTLE DOOLEY - IT'S GOT TO BE NOW OR NEVER (NORTH BAY)

LITTLE MILTON - BELIEVE IN ME/MAN LOVES TWO (CHECKER)

and another winner from the late Mr. Campbell:

LITTLE MILTON - LET'S GET TOGETHER (CHECKER)

...in fact, you could go on GEMM this very minute and pick up all three for a total of $21.00 + P&P....

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

HERES MY 3 ON THE DECKS CONSTANTLY AT MILSON PINES

JAMES BROWN - PEOPLE WAKE UP & LIVE - POLYDOR -

JERRY BUTLER - LONELINESS - MERCURY -

AL WILSON - BE CONCERNED -

JERRY WAS a gift of Bully Boy thanks mate could easily put at least 3000 up in this category but will be a good boy lol-might throw a few more up later !!

BAZ A

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

Guest Bearsy

jacob

it made me go up to the decks at USOS to ask Joan what it was as it sounded awsome out load yes.gif

anyone got a copy for sale biggrin.gif

Social source share

glad to see HOW COULD IT BE/ESQUIRES on another list !...been banging on about this for a couple of years whenever ive had the chance,cant believe such a good dancer doesnt get more spins....

as my three have been in the box for a while now...heres my 'newer' selection wink.gif

dont destroy me/margie hendrix £7...so soulful vocals

im gonna try/carol fran £6

and another shout for baby be good/joe tex £8 how good is this,the horn riff is more infectious than swine flu !

dean

ps millie jacksons all i want is a fighting chance is a killer too

Social source share

my 3 is turning quickly into 10 or perhaps 15 heres millie as mentioned above from a masterpiece slab of soul!!

MILLIE JACKSON-ALL I WANT IS A FIGHTING CHANCE-CAUGHT UP -

BAZ A

IF I PUT THIS OTHER MILLIE TRACK ON THE SAME PAGE IT WONT BE LIKE CHAETING LOL-GET THIS FOR FIVER FOLKS

MILLIE JACKSON-LOVE DOCTOR-SPRING -

BAZ A

Edited by baz atkinson
Social source share

Love the Aretha track one of her best,got one tucked away. thumbsup.gif

have you or anybody played it out

kevH

for me it would have to be the following three

darrell banks- open the door

fred hughes-dont bring me down

bobby bland -shoes

3 cracking tracks for bugger allthumbsup.gif

Social source share

3 cheap sevens from me -

Cathy Davis - Come Back Home - Twelve o'clock (although the 12 is quite pricey)

Jerry Washington - Baby Don't Leave Me - Excello

Leon Thomas - Thankyou Baby - Don (again, the 12 is expensive, though)

All very nice!!!

Cheers

Steve

Edited by steveh73
Social source share

Guest DeeJay

Love the Aretha track one of her best,got one tucked away. :rolleyes:

have you or anybody played it out

kevH

Spyder Turner- I Cant Make It

Gene Chandler-There Was A Time

the Dells -the papers (choon) cant remember full title

DJ

Social source share

Three DETROIT cheapies that are well worth checking;

JUANITA WILLIAMS Baby boy GOLDEN WORLD

PARLIAMENTS Time REVILOT

RONNIE SAVOY Loving you WINGATE

RONNIE SAVOY Loving you WINGATE,what a lovely record this is,was amazed you can pick it up for a few quid,

played it out a few times but not much interest.

pleased a few more think its great. :rolleyes:

brother of Al Kent.

kev

Edited by Kev Harker
Social source share

Like this thread so thought I'd throw another 3 up.............

The Sharpees-Tired Of Being Lonely One-Derful..........great underplayed oldie.

O.V.Wright-Into Something (Can't Shake Loose) Hi.........brilliant 70t's dancer.

Josephine Taylor-Good Lovin' Mar-V-Lus.........what a voice for a few quid.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Betty Everett - I can't say - ABC - I think this is a great 45 which you can get for 20 quid - there is nothing not to like about it !!!

Ronnie & Joyce - Yes, I'm falling in love - ALPHA - Terrific double sider for 20 quid

Ruth McFaddon - Do it up right - SURE SHOT - Just a very very good RnB 45 with an outstanding vocal - another 20 quid well spent !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!