2010-07-10: Hip City Soul Club 20Th Anniversary 10.07.10

Event Title: HIP CITY SOUL CLUB 20TH ANNIVERSARY 10.07.10

Event Author: Marc Forrest

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 10 July 2010

-------------------------------------------------

We made it....our 20th anniversary!

Thats twenty years of SOUL, party, joy and laughter, 18 free clubtapes, 4 anniversary records and countless great nights with countless fabulous guest DJ`s from all across Europe. Its you and your support that made us do it, so for that once again we use the chance to say "thank you all!" with what will be one hell of a night and weekend!

The next HIP CITY will see us celebrating big time!

SO "GET HIP GET DOWN GET WITH THE SOUL UNDERGROUND!"

HIP CITY SOUL CLUB

20th ANNIVERSARY

10 pm - 8 am

feat. bUTCH!

plus residents

Marc Forrest & Franz Heidl

- Free Anniversary Gift for the first 100 guests -

Upfront 6ts and 7ts Rare Soul!

Oscar Wilde (Blackroom), Friedrichstr. 112, Berlin

Just like the last two years there will be a very special a warm up on the friday night as well. Informations for that to follow!

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

alright, what can I say ? despite the saturday having been the hottest day ever in Berlin and four other 6t`s Parties taking place in town, we really had a blast of an anniversary. 170 people in, 50 travellers from nearly every town on the German Soul map and friends from as far away as Sweden, France and Barcelona (oh almost forgot Croatia LOL) created a full floor from about 11pm till six o´clock in the morning, three maximum power sets by butch (the third lasting from 3 to 6am) incl loads of before unplayed and unreleased stuff (as for the first time he also did bring a big package of acetates with him) made our 20th anniversary what I wished for it to be like ! Worth of course all the efforts! I am hoping to be able to persuade bUTCH once again to send me a playlist of his and will upload pictures once I am fully recovered.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY! BLOODY FANTASTIC AND I AM STILL SMILING!!!!

Marc

NB

Kann ich jetzt die Kette ablegen ?

GREAT night!

Even my broken toe ( the big uncle:lol:) couldn't hold me back from dancing.

Heard Joseph Webster for the first time.......oha oha....:rolleyes:

Tolbert

Ahoi Tolbert, was great to have you with us mate! Jospeh Webster..you mean the C/UP I am playing...sure you have heard the crow 45 many times ?

ATB

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest

Congratulations Marc on 20 years :thumbsup: sounded like a great night with 5(?) hours form Butch, wish I'd been there to hear him. He's been awesome of late with his sets IMHO.

See you in August :rolleyes:

Cheers Chalky, yes that man was, is and continues to be awesome. He had 1,5 hrs in his first two sets and then a set of almost three hours from 3 till 6 am...as Mick H just said in Rimini to me on saturday when we spoke about some of his latest tunes.."that man is and will continue to be light years ahead of all...thank god we have him" so right.

See you in August (fantstatsic to see you there 2 mate!)

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest

To get things started, here's my playlists for the night (not that I'd consider them the most relevant, would love to see Butch's! Should be a rather long one…)

Zircons - Was it Meant To Be That Way - Heigh-Ho

Decrescendos - One Of The Crowd - Prism

Splendors - Please Don't Go - Karate

Marvin Gaye - When I had Your Love - Tamla

Sugar'n'Spice - Lucky We - Lira

Webs - Can't Let You Go - Dynamic

Clemon Smith - The Thrill Is Gone - Alon

Sonny Jones - Stolen Moments - Scram

Larry Reynolds - Take Away The Big Hurt - Tri-Spin

Herbie Thompson - Let Your Love Grow Stronger - Big Hit

Barons - As Sure As You're Born - Shagg

Demon Brothers - Uh Huh - Quinvy

Robert & Ron - I Ain't Finish Yet - Unisfere

Duke & Leonard - Just Do The Best You Can - Stomptown

New Perspective - Stoned Outta My Head - Maxwell

Sugar - Dynamite - Carousel

Sammy Ridgley - Locked Up In Your Love - Cash In Today

Little Sherman & The Mod Swingers - The Price Of Love - Sagport

Sensational Little Doc - Looking For My Baby - Music-Go-Round

Tommy Soul - I'll Be Right Here - Gaslight

Private Johnston C/U

Brothers Of Love - You Changed Me - Blue Rock

Bobby King & Relations - Don't Give Up Hope - Lunar

Walter & Sisters - How Long - Studio 10

Jimmy Jules - Ten Carat Fool - Abet

Eddie Parker - Body Chains - Prodigal

Willie Rogers - Everything You Touch (Turns To Love) - AMG

Edited by franz

To get things started, here's my playlists for the night (not that I'd consider them the most relevant, would love to see Butch's! Should be a rather long one...)

Fab playlist as always mate, and thanks big style for taking part despite that cold you catched on friday! I guess we will have to wait for bUTCH`s list a while now as he is on vacation since last week .... :lol: ...ah well, next anniversary is already in 50 weeks :(

• 1 month later...

Thanks a million times to Corinna of www.micori.de and "V" we do have our own little movie now icon_surprised.gif )

It covers the whole anniversary night, by filming every five minutes for about two minutes (or sth. like that LOL).

If you wanna have a look its on youtube since saturday

Its shot from one angle only (right side of the decks and covers about half the dancefloor, its funny to watch how the nights gets started, people attending, greeting, dancing, the floor getting packed ( around 6.40 seems to be primetime) up until the first leave around 6ish again...well just a complete night really in 14 minutes.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest