Blue Max Rip

All who know Max,

He was rushed into hospital from Brookfields last night with heart problems and put into intensive care. I have spoken with Linda his wife this morning and it seems he was caught at the right time, and is being kept in for observation because his oxygen levels are low. In typical Max fashon he was worried about a booking he has today !!. I will be round his house tonight and will post up later how he is getting on as only family is allowed in intesive care.

Im sure you will all want to wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Ken & Claudette

Social source share

All who know Max,

He was rushed into hospital from Brookfields last night with heart problems and put into intensive care. I have spoken with Linda his wife this morning and it seems he was caught at the right time, and is being kept in for observation because his oxygen levels are low. In typical Max fashon he was worried about a booking he has today !!. I will be round his house tonight and will post up later how he is getting on as only family is allowed in intesive care.

Im sure you will all want to wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Ken & Claudette

pass on my regards please.....

Social source share

Guest sandi

Sorry to hear about Max, please pass on our best wishes to him and here's hoping for a speedy recovery.....(ooohh pardon the pun :hatsoff2:).

Sandi and Harpo

Social source share

Guest Phil Richards

Sitting here crying my eyes out a broken man as i have just been informed that Max is no longer with us.

Can't really say anymore at the moment as i need to clear my head.

God bless you Max

will miss you always

Ken don't know what to say we where djing with him last night now he's gone.

Social source share

Sitting here crying my eyes out a broken man as i have just been informed that Max is no longer with us.

Can't really say anymore at the moment as i need to clear my head.

God bless you Max

will miss you always

Sentiments are echoed in this house Ken. Anne and I and countless others are distaught by the sad news that we have lost such a wonderful man, friend and to some of us mentor. It will take a long time for us to get our heads round this. Condolences to Linda, James and Katy.

Rest In Peace Mate XX

Dave and Annie

Social source share

Guest Sean Haydon

This is terrible news. Sorry Martin, couldn't talk on the phone, i'm gutted. God bless you Max. My local hero gone.

So much respect for you mate xxx

Social source share

Ken don't know what to say we where djing with him last night now he's gone.

Don't know what to say just bloody gone Numb , heard about Max this Morning going into Hospital ,I Called Steve Calloway to tell him about Max Steve was so Desperate to speak to Max , just had to inform him of this sad news , RIP MAX WILL NEVER FORGET YOU .

Social source share

Fuck .

I am gutted , and for once lost for words .

Max was one of life's true gentlemen , and one of the gems of the scene .

I am honoured to have known you .

RIP and God bless you Max .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest roger H

Very sad news about max, he was an icon on the wolverhampton soul scene, he will be sadly missed

our thoughts are with his family at this sad time

god bless you max

RIP x

Roger H and Karen

Social source share

Guest Big Al 68

Gutted......Don't know what to say. So glad I got to see you last night Max.

A true legend , a true gent and a true friend. Goodnight Max, God bless.

Social source share

Guest Chris Waterman

'Blue Max'

I don't think there is anyone who enjoyed playing records as much as you did, you where a LEGEND my friend, it was my pleasure to have promoted with you and to have you as a friend,

rest easy kidda

Chris W & Marcelle

Social source share

Guest the pard

we are gutted - such a lovely man - we were with him at stables last night and just cannot believe he is gone !!

rest in piece mate - it was a pleasure to have known you x

the pard and jan

Social source share

jUST RECEIVED A PHONE CALL TELLING THAT MINE AND YOUR FRIEND MAX WLLWARD AKA "BLUE MAX" HAS PASSED AWAY.

HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED, NOT ONLY AS A FRIEND BUT ALSO A PIONEER FOR OUR SCEEN

I WAS TOLD THAT HE WAS TAKEN ILL AT THE STABLES LAST NIGHT, BUT LOST HIS LIFE IN HOSPITAL

THOUGHTS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY

I'M JUST TOTALY SHOCKED WITH THIS NEWS AS WILL MANY OTHERS BE

R.I.P MAX "BLUE MAX MILLWARD

GREAT REPECT AND SUCH A NICE CHAP

Social source share

Not often I lose it, been filling up since Gaz Lees told me this afternoon

So much can be said from the last thirty five years but today is not the day...my moment> Smduge smith and Max doing a back drop on the Mansfield Attic soul night patio..

Top man

pisaphotos010.jpg

I need to say good by properly, so WOLVOS let me know, and I hope the West Midlands give him the send off the old bugger deserves...

PD

Social source share

WE HAVE JUST READ THIS AND OUR HEARTS HAVE SANK, WE ARE TOTALLY SPEECHLESS...

THIS MAN WAS A COMPLETE LEGEND AND TO MANY IN THE MIDLANDS, JUST LIKE ME, HE WAS LIKE A DAD YOU ALWAYS WISHED YOU HAD.

HE WAS THE FIRST DJ I GREW UP WORSHIPPING AT THE CATS...HE WAS AHEAD OF HIS TIME IN MANY WAYS AND HE SURVIVED WHEN OTHERS MOVED ON.

MAY AND I ARE TOTALLY HEARTBROKEN........OUR DEEPEST SYMPATHIES GO OUT TO HIS FAMILY, ESPECIALLY HIS WIFE LINDA

GOD BLESS AND TAKE CARE OF YOU MAX

Social source share

Absolutely stunned! We were only chatting at the Torch revival late last year and he looked tip top.

He reminded me of the terrible Jewels track We Got Togetherness I broke at Station Rd in 74. He sold it to me.

A true gent and one of the great West Midlands legends.

Cue...Neil R with a full obit?

RIP- From Sam and Kev at Goldsoul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!