• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Could anyone please tell me if this lovely track was album only or does a 45 exist ?? Also a value would be handy. Thanks in advance, Tony.

Billy Butler was never a member of the Impressions. "Love Me" features the equally sublime voice of Leroy Hutson.

Social source share

Could anyone please tell me if this lovely track was album only or does a 45 exist ?? Also a value would be handy. Thanks in advance, Tony.

Hi Tony

If the "Love Me" track you're thinking of is the one that Bobby has on CD, I don't think that it is any of those above. Mystery track to me, brilliant though.

Cheers

Ronnie

Social source share

There's an alternative version of "Love Me" included on the "Indelible Impressions" compilation CD on Castle/Sequel from 1999 which is a different take than the 45 issued as CURTOM 1959 and CURTOM 1973. Much more Curtis-sounding vocals, but nowhere near as brilliant as the take released on the original 45.

Social source share

Hi Tony

If the "Love Me" track you're thinking of is the one that Bobby has on CD, I don't think that it is any of those above. Mystery track to me, brilliant though.

Cheers

Ronnie

Yep that's the one mate. Seems it is defo an elusive track. I will see if i can download it onto here and see if anyone recognises the song and who is singing it. See yas Friday at the Fly, stay soulful oh and love to Sue. T Bone.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!