2010-08-29: 6Th Brighton Beach All Nighter

Oh the good old days indeed :lol:

Greg

It was a while ago but I'm sure myself and Paul had pulled out and left. Ian was pissed off that I sacked him and he recruited Kev Roberts to promote it for one nighter and it was resurrected like a Phoenix. Im sure it was this one that clashed with the first Portland St one. I think Kev had managed to get some press in the Telegraph or Guardian at the time as well.I'd had enough of the London soul wars and was told to concentrate on babysitting duties by er indoors!!.

• Replies 81
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Ay up you lot - are you all set?!!

RUSS VICKERS has just been squeezed onto the line up!!:lol:

Ok, gonna be back from the Baghdad sand pit in time for the next

Brighton Beach Nighter - here's what you might expect from me:

William Cummings - Make My Love a Hurting Thing

Charles Mintz - Running Back

Kings Of Soul - Is Your Love For Me

Sugar Boy & The Shades Of Black - Free Man

Roy Roberts - So Much In Love

Explosive Dynamiks - C/up

Judy Freeman & Blackrock - C/up

Fantastic Frenetics Band - C/up

Scott Three - Running Wild

Johnny Praye - Too Much Love

& no doubt a few classics for your dancing pleasure.............get ya requests in now, from me you gonna get full throttle dancefloor soul, old, new, borrowed & blue .

The last Brighton Beach Nighter was rammed to the rafters, dont miss the next intallment - come & dance ya soulful asses off on't beach South Coast style, see ya there...........

Russ

A litttle taster........

kings of soul - is your love for me -

charles mintz - i'll come running back -

johnny praye - too much love -

& how about this for an ignored stomping group dancer..........you wanna hear this booming out over that great system at the Babylon Lounge, then let me know

vanguards - thought of losing your love -

Edited by Russ Vickers
Guest BintofSoul

Well, he's bringing me lol!! Staying at Corbin Palace Fri - Mon and can't wait for some South Coast Soul!!

Mark C

Excellent. I haven't seen him since my 40th birthday party! See you guys on Sunday.

Nicki XX

Guest BintofSoul

Well, he's bringing me lol!! Staying at Corbin Palace Fri - Mon and can't wait for some South Coast Soul!!

Mark C

Whoops double post!

Edited by BintofSoul

A litttle taster........

kings of soul - is your love for me -

charles mintz - i'll come running back -

johnny praye - too much love -

& how about this for an ignored stomping group dancer..........you wanna hear this booming out over that great system at the Babylon Lounge, then let me know

vanguards - thought of losing your love -

Great tunes Russ thumbsup.gif

Guest GingerDave

Ay up you lot - are you all set?!!

RUSS VICKERS has just been squeezed onto the line up!!:hatsoff2:

[/q Nice one Paddy looks like like a top night yet again well done ,Room booked choons sorted roll on Sunday, looking forward to seeing everyone :thumbsup:

Delighted to announce that a special edition of the reborn 'Blues & Soul' will be on sale on the night and the event is being covered for later inclusion.

Tickets are going FASTER than the May event which was a packer, so hopefully it'll show this town is big enough for two all-nighters. You can get them by clicking here

Check out www.soulsurvivorsfamily.co.uk for updates and a preview of Blues & Soul.

....and the weather forecast for Brighton is pretty good with the rain expected on Monday!

Guest BintofSoul

Delighted to announce that a special edition of the reborn 'Blues & Soul' will be on sale on the night and the event is being covered for later inclusion.

Tickets are going FASTER than the May event which was a packer, so hopefully it'll show this town is big enough for two all-nighters. You can get them by clicking here

Check out www.soulsurvivorsfamily.co.uk for updates and a preview of Blues & Soul.

....and the weather forecast for Brighton is pretty good with the rain expected on Monday!

Great news Paddy! See you on Sunday.

Guest BintofSoul

Worth noting that Parking is FREE in the vicinity of The Babylon Lounge!

Central Brighton, it's £10-12 overnight.

In fact you can park right outside:thumbup: !

Very provisional running order for Babylon Lounge Main Room

10.00 Linda Seddon

10.50 Paddy Shevlin

11.40 Andy Crane

12.20 Ginger Dave

1.10 Jo Wallace

2.10 Simon Preston

3.00 Russ Vickers

4.00 Tbc

4.30 Close - Clive & Paddy Anthems

The Bint of Soul is scheduled to spin an hour of R 'n' B downstairs from 12.30am and either side of her will be Clive Rayson and The Grapevine.

That room opens at 11pm

Edited by okehpaddy

aye-up you lot ,Here is what I will be playing @ babylon ,already in the box ,looking forward to it ,see ya there !!!

I can't stay away - the Caressors

loves what you want - Marisa gatti

is he better than me - Eddie daniels

hey now baby -- Leo price

Dream girl-- Spiedels

wait for me - Brownbombers

loving you baby -Startones

watch out little girl - Invitations

zu zu man - zu zu blues band

if only you knew - mike & ray + Hope to get in some modern classics in as well Timeless legend , Harvey averne, Marshall .Donevan, Broomefield , King tutt . tons of classic northern as well

KTF

MR Ender.

aye-up you lot ,Here is what I will be playing @ babylon ,already in the box ,looking forward to it ,see ya there !!!

I can't stay away - the Caressors

loves what you want - Marisa gatti

is he better than me - Eddie daniels

hey now baby -- Leo price

Dream girl-- Spiedels

wait for me - Brownbombers

loving you baby -Startones

watch out little girl - Invitations

zu zu man - zu zu blues band

if only you knew - mike & ray + Hope to get in some modern classics in as well Timeless legend , Harvey averne, Marshall .Donevan, Broomefield , King tutt . tons of classic northern as well

KTF

MR Ender.

You've been giving this a lot of thought Mr Ender - sounds delicious!

Guest GingerDave

Very provisional running order for Babylon Lounge Main Room

10.00 Linda Seddon

10.50 Paddy Shevlin

11.40 Andy Crane

12.20 Ginger Dave

1.10 Jo Wallace

2.10 Simon Preston

3.00 Russ Vickers

4.00 Tbc

4.30 Close - Clive & Paddy Anthems

The Bint of Soul is scheduled to spin an hour of R 'n' B downstairs from 12.30am and either side of her will be Clive Rayson and The Grapevine.

That room opens at 11pm

Cheers Paddy can't wait already to go roll on Sunday :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just got home & thought I would pop something up first, got to Brighton early & had a few beers with friends round town, people that were going to both nights in Brighton were drinking together & it was great to see Chris Dale, Greg, Ginger, Alan Hanscombe, Anton, Clanger, Marcus, Sallie, Rod & many others too. Once the boozer shut we all went off to venue of choice & we arrived about midnite.....ish......great to see more friends & the room was very busy upstairs (didnt go down stairs last night). Andy Crane was DJing & the parts of his set I heard were very good & had people up & dancin from the off. Did a bit of dodgy record dealing out the boot of the car & have now got a brilliant LP track that is that good, it has to be heard to be beleived lol........

Jo Wallace & Ginger Dave kept the floor busy through out the thier sets & Simon Preston likewise, heard some great tunes through out the night & like the last event the mixture of known to unknown/semi known tunes was about right IMO. I went on at 3am after Simon & whilst the room had thinned a bit at 2am ish, there was still enough people in to fill the dance floor & create a reasonable atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed my set & played a pretty eclectic bunch of tunes old, new, borrowed n blue, thank you to everyone who danced through out & for the positive feed back on the few new things I slipped in..........also big thanks to Paddy etc for letting me keep spinning after my allocated time, was still enjoying myself & didnt realise how long I'd been up there :lol: .

Paddy & Clive ended the night with a solid set of uptempo oldies, which is how the night should be ended IMO & people were still dancing when the lights came on.

All in all an enjoyable night, met loads of friends danced mi ass off, bought a great tune & seemed to keep the dancers happy when spinning a few.........less folk than the last Nighter, but then that was to be expected & didnt really detract from the atmosphere.

Thanks to the promoters, DJ's, dancers & friends for a great night of soul.

Russ

'Ere Wiggy, I thought you had something to do with that Rocket all nighter? I don't remember Kev Roberts having anything to do with the first one when we clashed. I thought it was you and Paul running it and Ian wielding his influence.

The Rocket was Levine not Roberts. I went to all of them, except the one that clashed. Music was good but floor too hard. Not as good as Crossfire!!!!

Source Advert