2010-09-04: Disciples Of Soul Allniter( Dj Times Up )

Guest Sean Haydon

Really looking forward to this one! Seems to be a good buzz to it and a top line up !

See you all there ! :thumbsup:

Mike Cog

All the Buzzes are good in the black country mate. They'me well servicedsmile.gif If you get stuck, catch the one from Toys'Am We. It's Bostin!

• Replies 157
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

lol, shorny!

Mike the bike see you there!exciting

spoke to Sandi, they will try there best, but as you can imagine, there up to eyes in wedding prep!

Phil T..will miss you mate

Mikes cog..who,s very good at electrics! look forward to seeing you.:thumbsup: Mike Eskins, sorry you cant make it!

to every body else,, see you all there, :yes: westons back in town and packing a six pack:lol:

somehow hes locked himself out of soul source, dozey git:lol:

NEWS FLASH,,

DAVE WELDING DOES NOT LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM..

HE LIVES IN SOME FORGOTON PLACE CALLED BLACKHEATH

AND HAS BEEN SEEN IN SAINSBURYS, LAST SUNDAY.. WEARING A TOGA:yes:

lol, shorny!

Mike the bike see you there!exciting

spoke to Sandi, they will try there best, but as you can imagine, there up to eyes in wedding prep!

Phil T..will miss you mate

Mikes cog..who,s very good at electrics! look forward to seeing you.:thumbsup: Mike Eskins, sorry you cant make it!

to every body else,, see you all there, :yes: westons back in town and packing a six pack:lol:

somehow hes locked himself out of soul source, dozey git:lol:

NEWS FLASH,,

DAVE WELDING DOES NOT LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM..

HE LIVES IN SOME FORGOTON PLACE CALLED BLACKHEATH

AND HAS BEEN SEEN IN SAINSBURYS, LAST SUNDAY.. WEARING A TOGA:yes:

Neither geography or spellings are one of your strong points Lou dear

We live in Cradley , We shop in Tesco's and there's two "T's" in forgotten :no:

OK ..HERE YOU ARE THEN..

MAIN VU ROOM KICKING OFF AT 8PM SHARP

8-9...................................MELVIN..(.EDINBOUROUGH)..COLLECTOR!

9-10.................................MRS SOUL..(BLACK COUNTRY LASS)..LOVES QUALITY! USES HER OWN RECORDS !!!!

10-11...............................SHORNY......(WEST MIDLANDS).. UP & COMING DJ!

11.12...............................WOODY......(WEST MIDLANDS)..WELL RESPECTED COLLECTOR &DJ !

12.1.00............................JOHN WESTON..( BIRMINGHAM)...BEST UP FRONT DJ IN THE MIDLANDS!

1.00-2.00.........................DAVE WELDING...(DOES NOT LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM)...WELL RESPECTED DJ !:no:

2.00-3.00........................MICK H...........(NOTTINGHAM)...WHAT;S TO BE SAID ABOUT THIS TOP MAN!

3.00-4.00........................KARL HEARD....(SHEFFIELD).....ANOTHER TOP MAN, AND VERY WELL RESPECTED!

4.00-5.00........................PHIL SHIELDS...(BELFAST).... BRILLIANT NITER DJ!

5.00-6.00........................DAVE RIMMER...(WEST MIDLANDS.)...MOST EXPERAINCED DJ .AND TOP NITER DJ

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................:thumbsup:

What a line up of TOP dj's:yes: . Dont miss out on what is gonna be a corker of a night. :yes:

Neither geography or spellings are one of your strong points Lou dear

We live in Cradley , We shop in Tesco's and there's two "T's" in forgotten :ohmy:

I will show you my two strong points sat: Douise :yes:

its me louby lou, on woodys:yes:I

mind I think the other lou might have summat to say about that:ohmy:

Edited by MR SOUL
Guest BigPaul

OK ..HERE YOU ARE THEN..

MAIN VU ROOM KICKING OFF AT 8PM SHARP

8-9...................................MELVIN..(.EDINBOUROUGH)..COLLECTOR!

9-10.................................MRS SOUL..(BLACK COUNTRY LASS)..LOVES QUALITY! USES HER OWN RECORDS !!!!

10-11...............................SHORNY......(WEST MIDLANDS).. UP & COMING DJ!

11.12...............................WOODY......(WEST MIDLANDS)..WELL RESPECTED COLLECTOR &DJ !

12.1.00............................JOHN WESTON..( BIRMINGHAM)...BEST UP FRONT DJ IN THE MIDLANDS!

1.00-2.00.........................DAVE WELDING...(DOES NOT LIVE IN BIRMINGHAM)...WELL RESPECTED DJ !:yes:

2.00-3.00........................MICK H...........(NOTTINGHAM)...WHAT;S TO BE SAID ABOUT THIS TOP MAN!

3.00-4.00........................KARL HEARD....(SHEFFIELD).....ANOTHER TOP MAN, AND VERY WELL RESPECTED!

4.00-5.00........................PHIL SHIELDS...(BELFAST).... BRILLIANT NITER DJ!

5.00-6.00........................DAVE RIMMER...(WEST MIDLANDS.)...MOST EXPERAINCED DJ .AND TOP NITER DJ

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................:ohmy:

F**kn ell Louhatsoff2.gif

Thats only 1 roomthumbsup.gif

Well up for thisyes.gif

Should be there nice n earlybiggrin.gif

Best

Paul

Well if you live in Cradley you would shop in Tesco, it's the only shop in Cradley Heath that has managed to drag itself out of the 1890's :yes::no:

So you've never ventured into the Sex Shop opposite the Post Office yet then Dave.:ohmy:

Historic Cradley, you can't beat a bit of Heritage :)

Edited by Louise

F**kn ell Louhatsoff2.gif

Thats only 1 roomthumbsup.gif

Well up for thisyes.gif

Should be there nice n earlybiggrin.gif

Best

Paul

long time no see. we had already arranged with Karl, to put him on later as he was at the Attic first, spoke to him last nite, and we gonna keep the same time for him, even though you decided to give it a break for the momment :(he;s been quite poorly since life line, and been in bed all week, but hes well up for tomorrow night, now thats a true gentleman..

so are you gonna be the go go dancers for 2 morrow:lol:

Joan..thankyou for that, and hopefully it wont be that long till we meet again:wub:

I will show you my two strong points sat: Douise :lol:

its me louby lou, on woodys:yes:I

mind I think the other lou might have summat to say about that:ohmy:

Now then Lou

Is that two strong points or two strong pints one can never tell with your spelling :yes:

No but all joking aside your a star, in the male dominated world of promoting it's great to see such a strong woman holding her own, in the real world you'd be Dame Lou Woods by now. But I'm afraid the highest accolade that we can bestow on you is that you'll always be regarded as the Nora Batty of Northern Soul amongst our motley crew. :lol:

Dave hatsoff2.gif

OKEY DOKEY......:D

THE SECOND ROOM THE VU DU LOUNGE (WHICH IS NAMED AFTER A FAMOUS NITE CLUB IN NEW YORK)!

10.00 -11.00.....ITS A MYSTERY ....:lol:......A POSSIBLE DOUBLE DECKING EXTRAVAGANZA:hypo:

11.00-12.00.....MARTYN BRADLEY........THE START OF THE ALBRIGHTON FLAVA..AS HES THE GODFATHER OF IT!king.gif

12.00-1.00.......MARK JOHNSON.............(SOUL SELECT.BURTON ON TRENT):yes:

1.00-2.00.........KEV SPITTLE,,..................CHESHIRE EX WOLVES..U.S.O.S.thumbup.gif

2.00-3.00.........TONY FOSTER....................STOKE ON TRENT:wave:

3..00-4.00.......LEN COOKE........................SHREWSBURY..(THE ALBRIGHTON) MAN HIMSELF.:lol:

4.00..5.00........MICK H.................................SOMETHINK DIFFERANT THIS TIME:excl:

5.00...6.00.......JANE & TAFF.......................A BIT O R&B..AND MORE BESIDES.swoon.gif

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

THERE YOU GO ..ANY COMPLAINTS THEN SEE THE MANAGEMENT..THATS ME..TUFF:cheese1:

Mystery ??? Is it Sir Jimmy Saville OBE

Can't wait, plus i'm getting a lift so i can have a few beers. :thumbsup:

Beer's not good for you mate, strict regime of still water and 4-6hours of dancing will soon have you feeling 10years younger and fighting fit :yes:. That's how I've managed to keep my youthful good looks and 30" waist whistling.gif:lol:

Looking forward to tonight, should be plenty of fun......see you laters :thumbup:

Thank god it's Saturday. Tonight can't come quick enough for me. YIPIEEEEE Julia

thumbsup.gif

xxxxxxxxxx

my wife must have misquoted nothing is quicker than her but i'll get her there Lou :thumbup:

oh & thanks for the info.............. now where did i put the purple wrist bands ? lol,:thumbsup:

Got to echo what Harpo said. A fantastic night. Great music throughout, so much so that I only ventured upstairs to the toilet, although every time I went up there seemed to be lots of happy people in the room.

The club is a wonderful layout for a niter, downstairs bar and dancef;loor with a balcony for record dealers overlooking it, and then a second room upstairs. What more could you ask for ? Well, loads of the right people, who danced, chatted, bought and sold records right up until the last minute. A couple of things captured my attention, but that's enough about the pretty young girl who was collecting glasses !

Thoroughly enjoyed myself, well done, Woody, Lou, and John, The Disciples Of Soul have found a new home, and are up and running with niters !

was a great night i know Lou was really worried before hand but it was good turn out for the first one and the music was top notch which ever room you was in the. looking forward spinning a few in October:thumbsup:

The bar maid was really something Big Paul was considering how much they cost in records value:lol:

I knew I shouldn't have gone to an all-niter the week before our own one but I couldn't not support Lou, Woody and John and even after waking up feeling like a bag of poo, I'm still glad I did.

Of course I was going to take it easy but those darn DJs will play some blinding tunes...:D

I knew in advance about the abundance of stairs, so kept mainly to the ground floor room and got well served there musically, so didn't feel I needed to wander.

Hope you can relax now Lou...:glare:

Guest Ferrett

A great night and another sweaty shirt!

Lots of regular nighter faces in attendance. Great to see Chic and Jane roll in after Sandbach. Haven't seen them at a niter in ages.

Spent all night downstairs. 1 hour drinking, then two hours record hunting, then 3 hours dancing and the rest of the night drying off!! Good tunes all night. The few times I ventured upstairs there was some awesome tunes being played up there too.

Well done to Lou, Woody & John. I know you've put a lot of effort into the Disciples of Soul events. We really appreciate it.:D

A fantastic night, with a good crowd of knowlegable soul fans, i will give a full write up later

Well done, Lou, Woody and John, plus all dj's

Harpo

Got to agree with Harpo, a great night of top-notch soul but you dont need to be a rocket scientist to suss that out, just look at the dj's who were on:yes: . Congratulations to you Lou, Woody, John and everyone else who was involved in making last night a success. The absolute "cherry on the cake" thing about last night was the atmosphere, marvellous:thumbup: . See you all at the next one.

Taf & Jane

Guest Northern PhanTom

Well "The Disciples" certainly delivered a sermon full of "Soul" last night at "The Vu Club". Therese and I arrived about 9pm, bit later than planned due to a pit stop and me heading the wrong way up the A4321.

Mrs Soul (Lou) was behind the decks when we arrived and although she was trying to do what a good early set DJ does, which is to ease punters into the evening with some mellower tunes whilst everyone's on the meet and greet, understandably all that hard work which she and the lads must have put in to organise this night must have been looking for a release and she started to slip in a few belters, which went down well with those looking to get on the dance floor early. yes.gif

At 10pm after handing out some flyers and getting some drinks in we headed off up to "The Voodoo Lounge" which had just opened, we wanted to grab an early seat because we had decided to listen to Martyn "Bradders" Bradley and Mark Johnson's sets as its been about five years since we last heard them behind the decks at Desborough Ritz and Burton Phoenix Club respectively.

Settled in to some chairs up near the decks and eagerly waited for the two DJ's who were on first Jane & Taff to fire up the decks. After a quick word with the friendly bar staff about an annoying spot light and lighting levels which they adjusted appropriately with a nothing is too much trouble to help attitude. :thumbsup:

Straight from the off the tunes were up beat and dancers and I settled straight in to a lengthy spell on the dance floor and there was no let up as the 2 DJ's we had earmarked for a listen Martyn & Mark kept things flowing with quality dance tunes. Probably should have taken bit of a break at that point but with Kev Spittle & Tony Foster keeping the fast pace moving and the room filling up nicely enthusiasm got the better of me and my legs certainly ache today :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Therese had to work today so we had to head off just before 3am which from a health aspect was probably the right move for me because the pace the night was going, I would have been stretchered out if I had stayed until the end. ohmy.gif

Also shame we missed the Big Boys downstairs because of our preference to do "The Voodoo Lounge" but all the DJ's who spun whilst we were up there played some belting tracks.

During the night, several times Woody came round to see if we were ok and if we were enjoying it (great host) sorry I missed your spot. Also good chat with Mr Western (hope you have a successful trip to Coventry tomorrow). As previously mentioned friendly and helpful staff. As we were leaving not only had the upstairs become quite busy but downstairs and the record bar were in full swing. :lol:

Well done to Lou, Woody, John & all the DJ's for making it a great nights "Soulin" :D

Tom :lol:

After a very hectic week sorting final plans for our wedding we threw caution to the wind and decided that we would be attending after all, Lou and Woody being friends for too many years to mention we wanted to be there for them and support their venue. Glad we did.....what a night, music all night was outstanding made all the better for the company of great friends.

The atmosphere was fantastic and the whole event was buzzing from start to finish, well done to all who worked hard to promote and make this a night to remember.

We will certainly be coming back if lastnight is anything to go by.

But please don't take my word for it.......come along to the next one and see for yourselves, this venue if supported by soulies wanting to go to a nighter that delivers what they crave will not be disappointed.

Soulful appreciation is the order of the day to make any venue work, this is such a venue that warrants local and national support.

SAVE OUR SOUL.

Oh the best smoking area in the county so far, situated upstairs, ample room, seating and tables for comfort while you puff away, completely under cover.......better than standing outside freezing ones tits off.............what more can any venue offer??......but like l said please don't take my word for it.

Roll on the next one.

Sandi x

got to agree with comments already posted top night top dj's & topped upto the top & then some.....toons

well done to all top of the class.

sandi i gotta agree best smokin room ive ever seen

wanted to be in both rooms at same time felt i was missing out on something, well i was really you saw the d.j line up .

but you couldnt make a wrong choice it was win win up or downstairs .so we'll be COMIN BACK FOR MORE .

thanks paul & sandi for hospitality & sunday late night supper :yes: top cookin just for joo & myself that will be DOUBLE COOKIN then....pete :thumbsup:

DIDN'T CATCH ALL THE SETS BUT I'M SURE THEY WE'RE ON THE MONEY !!

KEV SPITTLE WAS DEFO ON THE MONEY AS WERE PHIL , TONY FOSTER,

&, JOHHNY WESTON !!!!!!

KARL HEARD & MICK H THE BEE'S KNEES !

LOVED THE UPSTAIRS ROOM HAD TO DRAG MYSELF AWAY PERIODICALLY TO CHECK OUT DOWNSTAIRS ...ALL GOOD !!!!!!!

FRIENDLY STAFF COMBINED WITH TOP GROOVERS , WHO HAD ONE THING ON THEIR MIND ...PARTY PARTY PARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT NITE GUYS !!!!!!!!!

CPTN M :thumbsup:

gonna do the thankyous first..

There are a lot of people working with me behind the scenes, I like to delegate when possible;)

door lady, in the name of Sue, and Phil, who did a sterling job, and its a thankless task to stand there most of the nite, making sure that alls well in that department, Martyn and Helen, and Shorn, for the hire of equipment!

The DJ,s for spinning all those wonderful tunes, and you the punters, who make it all very worthwhile, I do appreciate the support, I was very stressed, but with good reason, as there was a few hic-ups along the way, which no-body knows about :lol:Just dont ever say SAND to me please,:ohmy:I can see by the first one it needs tweaking a bit, ie:maybe looking to shut up-stairs at 5am, small things as its a learning process, some peeps never knew there was food up stairs ect, or about the proper smoking area,BUT...

all that aside, it went fantastic,we was shattered, and drained, and saying why do we do it, simples

cos we love it, we love our music policy, we love to see people dancing, we love to hear the Dj,s that we chose playing out to a very receptive crowd of like minded people:thumbsup:

My only regret is that I could not stop in one place for long, so I never got to hear every bodys full set, Hope you forgive me for that, each and every one of the Dj s sat are brilliant, but I have to say a massive thankyou to Karl, that man was not well, but still he forfilled his booking and played a blinder..in both rooms, so thankyou everybody, I would love the playlists please:D

Guest Matt Male

Had a great time. Cracking venue, lots of areas to hang about in and talk, look through records, etc... i like that. Lots of friendly faces and lots of the midlands nighter goers out in force. Music, fantastic, something for everyone from R&B to funky soul but all dancable northern. Had a bloody good dance :yes: .

Reminded me a lot of the Marrs Bar, similar atmosphere.

Thanks Lou, Johnny and Woody. See you at the next one. :thumbsup:

yes Matt. I for got mention that, for anyone who,s wondering what the venues like, down stairs is a cross between the Marrs Bar & 100 club,upstairs is very posh:rolleyes:

and the next one is OCTOBER 23 rd..which will be our second anniversary special..few suprises in the line up..

and Dave welding is a brummie:lol:

Well we got there about 10.30pm and the place was rocking. From the warm greeting on the door until when we left at 5.30 we had a great time. Loads of top quality music from all the DJ's in both rooms with something for everyone.

Thanks Lou, Woody and John for a really good night.

Mark and Liz

just like to echo what lou has said but if it wasnt for her constant nagging to get things done this night might not have taken place.thanx to everyone who came without youre support it wouldnt be possible:thumbsup: roll on the next one on the 23rd oct when we will be bringing the vava voom boys up from london to pleasure us with their toons in the vudu lounge

my playlist 12 till 1

BOBBY JONES & PARAMOUNTS-BEWARE A STRANGER

LITTLE SOUL-PROBLEMS

SENATOR JONES-DO YOU LOVE ME

PEE WEE SHUCK N HUEY-BESIDE MYSELF

CORY CORNELL-WHEN YOU GOT MARRIED

CLARENCE MURRAY-BABY YOU GOT OT

THE DELREYS INC-DESTINATION UNKNOWN

KING EDWARD-WORKING FOR MY BABY

MILTON FLOYD-ANYWAY I CAN

HARVEY AVERNE-NEVER LEARNED TO DANCE

BOBBY BLUES RAY-SOUL

FOUR ANDANTES-HIPPER THAN ME

THE SOUL ROCKERS-TIPPIN

SOUL EXPERIENCE-WE DONT NEED NO MUSIC

CHANCE N TONY-PRETTY BABY

THE SHADDOWS-TOGETHER AGAIN

THE NEW WANERERS-AINT GONNA DO YOU NO HARM

DYNAMIC 3 -YOU SAID YEAH

THE MERIDIANS-HE CANT DANCE

MARGE SINGLETARY-NEVER LET GO

MELVIN DAVIS-LUCILLE

BARBARA JEAN & THE LYRICS-WHY WERNT YOU THERE

THE CAMARO'S-WE'RE NOT TOO YOUNG

I ALSO HAD THE HONOUR OF DOUBLE DECKING UPSTAIRS AT THE END WITH THE GREAT MR HEARD THIS MAN SWEATS ENTHUSIASM A FANTASTIC WAY TO END THE NIGHT FA ME TOP DRAW:thumbup:

gonna do the thankyous first..

There are a lot of people working with me behind the scenes, I like to delegate when possible;)

door lady, in the name of Sue, and Phil, who did a sterling job, and its a thankless task to stand there most of the nite, making sure that alls well in that department,

Hey Loulie, Woody & John,

What can we say that has'nt already been said...A fantastic first nighter with everything running as it should, Well done to you all.

It was great being a part of this very special night for Lou & Woody who have always been very good friends of our's and we are so pleased we were part of thier 1st Allnighter. You deserve the best and got the best on the night...Loulie you worry tooooooo much!!!!!!!

A fantastic night was had by all, the Dj's were brilliant, the dance floor was rocking....the drinks kept coming..hahaha (tea) of course, oh and Lou Thanks for the sweets they kept me quiet all night. lol

Thanks to everyone who supported you on the night it was great seeing soulies i had'nt seen for a long time, We're so looking forward to the next one on 23rd October.....Thanks to you and Woody for being just who you are....see you both very soon.

Suzy & Phil xx

ps

Mr Rimmer, i'm shocked at the way you kept watching that young lady going up and down those stairs...i could'nt see what all the fuss was about....shame on you..tut tut naughty boy! hahaha xx

Edited by Suzy
Guest BigPaul

was a great night i know Lou was really worried before hand but it was good turn out for the first one and the music was top notch which ever room you was in the. looking forward spinning a few in October:thumbsup:

The bar maid was really something Big Paul was considering how much they cost in records value:lol:

Well i wouldn't have noticed if your tongue hadnt been hanging near the floorlaugh.gifyes.gif

Well what a top nite it was, with quality after quality tune in both roomshatsoff2.gif

Big up to Lou, Woody and John and all the DJs for such a memorable nightthumbsup.gif

Best

Paul

To echo what everyone else seems to have said I had a fantastic time on Saturday - so a huge thank you to Lou, Woody, Johnny Weston etc for taking the trouble to plan and put something like this on!! :yes:

The venue is good, the music was top notch all night oh, and the company wasn't bad either!!

Only downside for me was that I managed to mislay my coat.... that'll teach me to start on the wine before leaving home! I thought I'd left it in the car but by the time we got home and it was light I could quite clearly see that I hadn't! :D

So if anyone found or handed in a black jacket (I was sat up in the record bar) that looked a bit like a bikers jacket - it was mine! It was on the back of the seat closest to the bar.

Thanks Lou for having a look - you really do go the extra mile for your punters :yes:

Chimene x

Edited by Crystal Tipps