2010-06-18: Burnley All Niter

Event Title: BURNLEY ALL NITER

Event Author: 45heaven

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 18 June 2010

-------------------------------------------------

THE BURNLEY NITER LIVES !!!

SAME STYLE AS BEFORE , SAME LINE UPS, SAME VENUE.

10.00PM THRU TO 6.00AM FRIDAY 18TH JUNE

DJ'S

ANDY KILLICK, PHIL THRELFALL, IAN CUNLIFFE, JUMPIN' JOAN, PETE HIGSON, CAM, JOHN McCLURE, STU RAITH.

THE KESTREL SUITE

COW LANE

BURNLEY

LANCS

BB11 1NN

PHONE BARRIE ON 01282 869769 FOR INFO

OR VISIT WWW.45HEAVEN.COM

NEXT COMFIRMED DATE FRIDAY 16TH JULY ( THIRD FRIDAY OF THE MONTH).

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by 45heaven
  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Barrie,

Have you booked dates for the rest of this year? If so can you confirm what they are, either on here or by PM please? Or can you just say if they are all going to be as you've mentioned above on 3rd Friday every month?

Cheers,

Adam.

Hi Barrie,

Have you booked dates for the rest of this year? If so can you confirm what they are, either on here or by PM please? Or can you just say if they are all going to be as you've mentioned above on 3rd Friday every month?

Cheers,

Adam.

Hi Adam - just the two confirmed dates til next week - were aiming to go for 3rd Friday so it minimises clashing - if thats at all possible - ill post actual dates as soon as i have em in writing from the venue

take care Barrie

Guest Matt Male

Hi Adam - just the two confirmed dates til next week - were aiming to go for 3rd Friday so it minimises clashing - if thats at all possible - ill post actual dates as soon as i have em in writing from the venue

take care Barrie

Well our dates are on the events planner and our website and i sent them to you. I realise we're not a nighter but Adam and myself would really like to avoid clashing with the new Burnley, because a lot of our regulars are nighter goers and will choose an upfront nighter over an upfront soul night (fair enough). We managed to avoid Phil's nighter by booking Fridays but now it looks like we're back to square one.

Here they are our dates again Barrie.

June 18th

July 16th

August 20th

September 17th

October 15th

November 19th

December 17th

All the best,

Matt

Guest Pete Higson

RARIN TO GO. SEE YOU THERE.

STU AND PENNY

oneso

thumbsup.gif

Hi Stu n Pen, not DJ'd in Burnley for 25 years and very looking forward to it on the 18th. Can't tell you enough about the ground work that Barrie and Dave have put in, not to mention the stalwart Mr Brian W*ski (sorry, I forget the letters inbeween). I've a feeling in my bones that it's going to be a cracking night!

Pete

Just over a week to go i am really lookin forward to goin to Burnley again was always a great nite in the past and im sure it will continue up n up with rare soul of the HIGHEST calibere bein played out !!!!

Love, Peace & Happiness Always

Ian & Jane

xxx

Just over a week to go i am really lookin forward to goin to Burnley again was always a great nite in the past and im sure it will continue up n up with rare soul of the HIGHEST calibere bein played out !!!!

Love, Peace & Happiness Always

Ian & Jane

xxx

:thumbup:

Guest rosemary

Ooooh yes :thumbsup:

Not been out for two weeks so will be raring to go by the time Friday comes :hatsoff2:

Who else is coming?

I'm coming over the hillsthumbsup.gif.... with my side kick Suelaugh.gif...... hope to get there for 10pm but depends on if we make any detours via wrong motorway junctionslaugh.gif

see you there Joan, looking forward as always to your selection of tunesyes.gif

xx

Guest gordon russell

Ooooh yes biggrin.gif

Not been out for two weeks so will be raring to go by the time Friday comes thumbup.gif

Who else is coming?

A car load of out of town torpedos will be there to see if this one goes on til 6......like the old one didthumbsup.gif

Guest frenchie

A car load of out of town torpedos will be there to see if this one goes on til 6......like the old one didthumbsup.gif

Will be good to see you all again gracing Burnleys dancefloor

thumbsup.gif

take care Barrie

Any chance of an update on your future dates please Barrie? 3rd Friday would mean we are on the same night every month for the rest of this year, I know it will have little effect on you but it has a huge impact on us which is why we went through a lot of grief to make sure we avoided Burnley when it was under Phil's promotion. If this new Burnley promotion you and Salmon are doing runs on the same night as Move On from now right through to December, then I've got a horrible feeling it will kill us long before Christmas gets here.

I would rather not have to post this on your thread but it seems the only way that's likely to actually get a response. Can I assume you're planning on running Burnley monthly rather than bi-monthly or quarterly?

Edited by Guest

Any chance of an update on your future dates please Barrie? 3rd Friday would mean we are on the same night every month for the rest of this year, I know it will have little effect on you but it has a huge impact on us which is why we went through a lot of grief to make sure we avoided Burnley when it was under Phil's promotion. If this new Burnley promotion you and Salmon are doing runs on the same night as Move On from now right through to December, then I've got a horrible feeling it will kill us long before Christmas gets here.

I would rather not have to post this on your thread but it seems the only way that's likely to actually get a response. Can I assume you're planning on running Burnley monthly rather than bi-monthly or quarterly?

im seeing the guy tonite so ill give you the dates next week - apart from these two im sure we can avoid clashes

a45heaven@aol.com

sorry for not getting back but ive been trying to sort it sooner

Barrie

We could do with a few more like you guys at nighters :rolleyes:

Anyone heard from the big boss?

DJ times would be good Barrie if you are out there please.

FRIDAY 18th JUNE 2010

STU RAITH 10-11PM

IAN CUNLIFFE 11-12PM

JOHN McCLURE 12-1AM

ANDY KILLICK 1-2AM

CAM 2-3AM

PHIL THRELFALL 3-4AM

JUMPIN' JOAN 4-5AM

PETE HIGSON 5-6AM

WHILST WE HAVE NO HARD AND FAST POLICY ON PLAYS, WE TRUST AND RESPECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE DEE-JAYS. THEY ARE HERE TO ENTERTAIN, STIMULATE AND EXCITE YOU!

FRIDAY 18th JUNE 2010

STU RAITH 10-11PM

IAN CUNLIFFE 11-12PM

JOHN McCLURE 12-1AM

ANDY KILLICK 1-2AM

CAM 2-3AM

PHIL THRELFALL 3-4AM

JUMPIN' JOAN 4-5AM

PETE HIGSON 5-6AM

WHILST WE HAVE NO HARD AND FAST POLICY ON PLAYS, WE TRUST AND RESPECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE DEE-JAYS. THEY ARE HERE TO ENTERTAIN, STIMULATE AND EXCITE YOU!

kinell Baz, that's precisely what my missus says all the time (and I fail miserably as a rule)

laugh.gif

THE DEE-JAYS. ARE HERE TO ENTERTAIN, STIMULATE AND EXCITE YOU!

by jiminy Mr Wadd... is this a swingers club or a nighter laugh.gif

sorry can't bob along to this - even though Mr Threlfall has been trying to entice me with promises of vinyl whistling.gif

Fridays are a bit tricky t say the least - but I'll have a go at joining the throng later in the year!

Hope your first is a great night

xxx

by jiminy Mr Wadd... is this a swingers club or a nighter laugh.gif

sorry can't bob along to this - even though Mr Threlfall has been trying to entice me with promises of vinyl whistling.gif

Fridays are a bit tricky t say the least - but I'll have a go at joining the throng later in the year!

Hope your first is a great night

xxx

you'll be sorely missed honey. Hope to catch up soon x

im seeing the guy tonite so ill give you the dates next week - apart from these two im sure we can avoid clashes

a45heaven@aol.com

sorry for not getting back but ive been trying to sort it sooner

Barrie

Thanks Barrie, appreciate you getting back to me. Once you have your dates it would be great if you could PM them to me or Matt or email them to me if that's easier: info@soulsupermarket.co.uk

Good luck with tonight,

Adam.

FRIDAY 18th JUNE 2010

STU RAITH 10-11PM

IAN CUNLIFFE 11-12PM

JOHN McCLURE 12-1AM

ANDY KILLICK 1-2AM

CAM 2-3AM

PHIL THRELFALL 3-4AM

JUMPIN' JOAN 4-5AM

PETE HIGSON 5-6AM

Great stuff Barrie.

Looking forward to keeping our Peggy on that dance floor :lol:

See you tonight :rolleyes:

Event Title: BURNLEY ALL NITER

Event Author: 45heaven

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 18 June 2010

-------------------------------------------------

THE BURNLEY NITER LIVES !!!

SAME STYLE AS BEFORE , SAME LINE UPS, SAME VENUE.

10.00PM THRU TO 6.00AM FRIDAY 18TH JUNE

DJ'S

ANDY KILLICK, PHIL THRELFALL, IAN CUNLIFFE, JUMPIN' JOAN, PETE HIGSON, CAM, JOHN McCLURE, STU RAITH.

THE KESTREL SUITE

COW LANE

BURNLEY

LANCS

BB11 1NN

PHONE BARRIE ON 01282 869769 FOR INFO

OR VISIT WWW.45HEAVEN.COM

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

SAME STYLE AS BEFORE WHAT? Not Phils do? It cant be without KARL HEARD, cos i dont see any funk edged djs in the above line up?

SAME STYLE AS BEFORE WHAT? Not Phils do? It cant be without KARL HEARD, cos i dont see any funk edged djs in the above line up?

====================================================================================

Jesus dont be so negative Sadot its the first one give the promoters time to sort DJ,s out for the comin year

regarding one of my fav DJ,s and all round nice guy Karl H at the last Burnley Phil did before he packed it in Karl told me he was giving Burnley a rest due to other commitments ect ect ect ect...............

Just for you i will play ya a FUNK EDGED 45 tonite and dedicate it to you yes.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by IANCSLOFT

Hi Paul - i spoke to Karl the other week and hes booked up for most of the year - but the doors open for him

have fun Barrie

Looking forward to a top night in Burnley.

As a late sub I have sorted a playbox with one simple aim, keeping Tez and JJ happy! sweatingbullets.gif

I've even got a couple of funk edged dance numbers if anyone is interested.shades.gif

See you soon.

John

After watching that shit tonight on the box, hopefuly Burnley will give me somthing to smile about.wink.gif

Now I don't know if this is even in the right place but I'll have a punt anyway. (BTW, thanks to K for the long, rambling nature of this post, and I'd like to thank him personally for my lockjaw, swollen knees and inability to pass water hypo.gif Worth it though mate, cheers thumbsup.gif )

Well, first of the new promotions at the Kestrel and here's how I saw it ... ... decent crowd in, particularly given that it's mid June and the difficulties surrounding the first planned event and it's eventual cancellation. Even more importantly though, they were all well up for it. Good numbers still there at the death and avin it.Obviously, folk will feedback as they see fit but I really enjoyed everyone's sets and even 'danced' [ahem] a bit. Here's my take on the night, for what its worth:

Stu Raith- as forecast, suitably creative mate to kick things off (as befits a Cyberman)

Ian C - nothing less than proper dancers of the highest quality as always

John Mc - first time I'd heard John play but judging by his sales boxes I reckoned on him having some serious tackle. Yep, Edith Brown etc etc etc, superb thumbsup.gif

Andy Killick - ohmy.gif I'm still kin speechless (but chewing nonetheless). Most of the first 10 or so records Andy played constituted the list of those tunes that I have never, always wanted and will never, ever own. Absolutely unbelievable (and a genuinely nice bloke too) hatsoff2.gif

Cliff - never ceases to amaze with his capacity to slot high quality, underplayed / forgotten dancers into his sets alongside [what I think Stuart refers to as] "them big lads". Dancefloor buzzing throughout his set which is ever so slightly disconcerting when you're up next;

Joan - any promoter(s) anywhere who are looking for someone to get it buzzing and pack the floor - beginning, middle or end, doesn't matter - she's your girl (as if you didn't know already). I don't think I've ever heard her play a crap record (they're all in that box and Tony keeps trying to sell me em laugh.gif );

Pete - what can easily be the graveyard slot was really enjoyable to these ears and you dug deep to show yet again that great records don't necesarily have to cost brewsters no.gifthumbsup.gif

While I'm still fucntioning, at some level anyway, here's what I can remember playing 3-4am:

Les Chansonettes - don't let him hurt you (Shrine)

Embraceables - let my baby go (Sidra)

Sandy Hadley - since I found a love (So Char)

CODs - coming back girl (Kellmac)

Don and Ron - I'm so so sorry (White Cliff)

Eddie Daye & Four Bars - guess who loves you (Shrine)

Soul Set - will you ever learn (Bi-Me)

Eris Mercury & Soul Searchers - lonely girl (Sac)

James Dockery - my faith in you is all gone (Soul Craft)

Cairos - stop overlooking me (Shrine)

Lonette - blue Jeans (MS)

Troy Dodds - try my love (El Camino)

Tommy Turner - lazy (El-Bam)

Billy Hines - ling ting tong (Wa-Tusi)

Oscar Wright - fell in love (Hemisphere)

Mr Caldwell - love bandit (Scorpio)

Stormy - the devastator (Twinight)

Carl Underwood - ain't you lying (Merging)

Stunners - nobody but me (Renfro)

Don and Juan - the heartbreakin' truth (Mala)

Oh aye, one or two requests as well:

Big Frank & the Essences - I won't let her see me cry (Blue Rock)

Jimmie & Entertainers - new girl (Toddlin' Town)

Luther Ingram - run for your life (Hurdy Gurdy)

Turned into a bit of a Stafford oldies set in the end; not what I was intending to play at all (thanks again K hypo.gif) but I really enjoyed playing em and watching Grant cut a rug to em. (Flip of Troy D for sure next time out bud). Barrie, thanks again for asking me to play some records; I thoroughly enjoyed it (more so than I have for absolutely ages) and I'm dead chuffed that things have started so positively for you. (Bet your a*se was twitching when Ian blew that amp up early doors though; kin liability he is tongue.gif )

Before I head off to chew my cheek and walk round in circles, whilst whistling, a bit more - great to see some folk that I'd not seen in a while and had missed such as Kit, Mal (Stockport legend), Willie, Bri, Dave R - really good to see you looking well again mate. One or two notable absences (Stu B of course, Salmon - hope you're well bud, Dickie et al); see you next time no doubt. Also, really good to put some faces to Soul Sourcers (John Mc, Terry, Andy K) and to meet other, genuinely nice bods such as Gareth and Dolly.

In a nutshell then, all good IMHO: people, music, venue.

See you at the next one for sure thumbup.gif

(Actually, I could have just said that couldn't I ohmy.gif Thanks again K hypo.gif )

I've just read Phil T's report and everything panned out as I thought it would. Unfortunatley, due to a chain of events beyond my control I was forced to miss another great night, after posting up on here, and endorsing my expected presence. In closing I'd just like to say a heartfelt WELL DONE, to all the attendees & DJ's and I am allreaday looking forward to the next event.

Regards Ricardo. thumbsup.gif

I've just read Phil T's report and everything panned out as I thought it would. Unfortunatley, due to a chain of events beyond my control I was forced to miss another great night, after posting up on here, and endorsing my expected presence. In closing I'd just like to say a heartfelt WELL DONE, to all the attendees & DJ's and I am allreaday looking forward to the next event.

Regards Ricardo. thumbsup.gif

You were missed Ritchie; see you next time mate

Guest Stuart Raith

Yet again. What a whopper... Once a stick of dynamite is lit it can never go out, and it'll always go off with a bang. Good to see all the regulars. You are all giants ;-))Some stuff I played early doors...

GROOVY WORLD - UNIFICS- KAPP

FREE AT LAST - JAMES BARNES - GOLDEN HIT

WHAT TIME IT IS - GENERAL CROOK- DOWN TO EARTH

ONLY THING THAT SAVED ME- DARRYL CARTER - TTC

BABY I LOVE YOU - SPURRLOWS - YAS

THINK PEOPLE - VERNON GARRETT - GATOR

SO LONELY-SANDRA LOPEZ-PHIL LA STAY

GONE - MARK V UNLIMITED - SAGPORT

REPUTATION - FOUR SHELLS - VOLT

ONE WAY STREET - SHORTCUTS - PEPPER

GET DOWN - HARVEY SCALES - MAGIC TOUCH

RIGHT ON TIME - JIMMY CHURCH- SS7

BAYOU TOWN - YOUNGBLOOD - TANGERINE

REACH OUR GOAL - RIVINGTONS - BATONMASTER

I CAN'T WAIT - ERNIE TERRELL - ARGO

STOP THE BABY - JAMO THOMAS - UK CHESS

DEED I DO - MEL CATER - IMPERIAL

SOPHISTICATED LADY - SUMITS - LASALLE

SO GLAD - CARTER BROS - JEWEL

I WILL LOVE YOU - RICHIE BARRETT - SWAN

WORKIN ON MY THING - QUICK BROWN FOX - ROULETTE

WHO WALKS IN - ROSCOE SHELTON - SS7

AIN'T GONNA WALK YOUR DOG - OTIS WILLIAMS - OKEH

LONG HOT SUMMER - JOE SIMON - SS7

and finally... (just for the crack)

BATMAN THEME - MARKETTS - WBPete, Joan sorry I missed all/some of your spots. Me and Penny had started to crack apart... we'd been at it since 9pm ;-))Long live the Cave!!

Edited by Stuart Raith

What can i say Burnley carried on where Phil K left it soul music at its very best big thumps up for Barry W & Co for keeping the flame burning at the Burnley niter.. Both myself n Jane really enjoyed it and was really pleased to see so many soulies makin the effort to come and enjoy the nite, all the music we heard was of the highest calibre, had to happen to me when i was dj,in when one of the amps overheated and cut outsad.gif was soon sorted when the other amp was connected up, Cliff came on stage just before it cut out and said turn the sound up its playin low i knew then somethin was,nt right and bang it went within a minute at first i thought Cliff had played a joke and turned the deck offbiggrin.gif All in All it was a really good nite and as usual had a really good laugh with mi good buddy Phil T, cant wait for the next instalement in July should be another bangin nite..

Thanks for the Little Johnny Blair c/ up Cliff not too many people give 45,s away for nothin these days TOP MAN !!!

Love , Peace & Happiness Always

x Ian & Jane

Wot a brilliant opening nite ! Excellent musically.Everyone did there bit to all make it so!

Nice to see all the familiar faces back at there usual places!

A lot of people not seen since it finished really good to see Rosemary wer she belongs (what a woman) she even tolerated my shite jokes !Kaz & Gaz its been far to long !

Weldone Dolly for bein ready on time LOL

Had all intentions of leavin about 3 due to work next day, Had to stay for Joanie babes set. And really glad i did. Paying for it now tho !!

All the children of the nite who missed lastnite for wotever reasons, you missed a cracker. So dont miss the next one! ( Hope im not workin)

Cogster !