Little Anthony & The Imperials Question

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Is this a boy or a girl who sings this song? He / She sounds like a woman, but I'm not sure any more?? It's very confusing...

yes.gif

link

is this question for real???? :P

Social source share

Guest taffy

Is this a boy or a girl who sings this song? He / She sounds like a woman, but I'm not sure any more?? It's very confusing...

yes.gif

link

it's a eunoch :P

Social source share

Or is the tongue within the cheek

QoF

xx

link

No, this is a real question. I've always thought they had a female singer. I've been searching on the web for a picture including the woman, but there weren't any. So it somehow confused me.

Top notch song, by the way :P

Thanks for answering my question!

yes.gif

Social source share

No, this is a real question. I've always thought they had a female singer. I've been searching on the web for a picture including the woman, but there weren't any. So it somehow confused me.

Top notch song, by the way  :D

Thanks for answering my question!

yes.gif

link

I didnt :P

Social source share

Guest rachel

Actually, it's funny you ask that - one of the first soul nights I went to, I was speaking to a guy, now a long standing regular on the scene... who told me that when he was about 14 he used to sneak into Wigan.. and after one visit went to his local record shop to try and buy this tune he had really liked (Better Use Your Head)... and asked for.... "Little Antonia" yes.gif

Social source share

:D he didn't

Teddy Randazzo (Alessandro Randazzo) did though produce and write for Little Anthony & Imperials.  He's also white  yes.gif

link

Ah thanks for the correction Chalkster :P

Social source share

One of the fals...seto faves of mine is;I only have eyes for you;Ambasidors B side

to AWOL on Arctic now they sound like Women with balls,and why nobody but me plays AWOL suprises me whistling.gif

Social source share

I've always had a soft spot for male singers who sounded like (good) female soul singers. The greatest example of this I can think of is the mighty Carl Hall. Hall was credited on his early Mercury records as "Carl Henry Hall" to stop radio deejays calling him "Carol Hall". If you listen to sides such as his "Who's Gonna Love Me" (the flip of "What About You" on Columbia) it's easy to imagine you're listening to a Shirley Brown or Judy Clay rather than a male vocalist. A great many of Roger Hatcher's records exhibit this quality too.

Bobby Marchan was a professional drag-act on the black club and concert circuit in the 50s and 60s. He was far more famous in this capacity than as an R&B singer, and his soul records were seen as a strange sideline to his primary career.

Social source share

Eh??  whistling.gif   you sayin the lead is a woman?  :lol:

link

On make up you mind I'd say so. Have you listened to the lyrics - - says something about "haven't I gave you everything a woman can give" and "that was the day I saw you walking with Jane" ... Bit a bit queer if that was a geezer Chalks. :ohmy:

Social source share

On make up you mind I'd say so.  Have you listened to the lyrics - - says something about "haven't I gave you everything a woman can give" and "that was the day I saw you walking with Jane" ...  Bit a bit queer if that was a geezer Chalks. :ohmy:

link

sounds more like happen I gave you everything a woman could feel but the soundfile on hand is a bit dodgy...anyone got a decent quality mp3?

maybe his bird's a lesbian whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert