Talk Of The South-9Th Anniversary

Guest t o t s s c

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

Just an early shout to all who attended our 9th anniversary,with many alternatives on it was a fantastic compliment to to us for 200people to venture there way from all over great britain to sunny hot luton.the TOTS team thank every one of you.a more in depth review of the night will undoubtably follow.

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just an early shout to all who attended our 9th anniversary,with many alternatives on it was a fantastic compliment to to us for 200people to venture there way from all over great britain to sunny hot luton.the TOTS team thank every one of you.a more in depth review of the night will undoubtably follow.

Thanks to the team for a great night, yet again. Luton never fails to deliver. Quality toons, top people. thumbsup.gif

I think we can safely say the Dean (Bam) is truly back on the scene after 20 years in the wilderness. I think he lost the power of speech at one point cos all he kept saying was "awesome, bloody awesome"laugh.gif and that's from the man who said "I'm not going to dance" and never stopped all nightyes.gif I had a text off him this morning before he flew back and guess what it said................"awesome"wink.gif

QoFx

Guest outonthefloor

Another top notch night of quality tunes at TOTS.

Not just a northern night it is a real music lovers feast.

The great ladies at the door, Lynn, Cressie and Michelle are the 'amuse bouche'

The Excellent Ska in the second room, mostly spun by Mt Tebutt the younger is the entree that gets the juices flowing

The banging classic Northern tunes in the main room is the meat course

and the R n B a sweet and uplifting desert,

With the little surprises thrown in like a sorbet to clean the palate....

Lovely to share it all with great friends

Thanks TOTS, class will shine through and the strong will survive.........here's to many more.

Helen

xxxxxxxxx

Gutted to have missed a quality night.

Meagre pre Clegg budgets made it a doubtful, but mum taking a tumble in the kitchen yesterday morning meant we didn't leave the ozzy till 1.30 this morning.

Ahead of the next one, wild horses do your worst!

Guest outonthefloor

Gutted to have missed a quality night.

Meagre pre Clegg budgets made it a doubtful, but mum taking a tumble in the kitchen yesterday morning meant we didn't leave the ozzy till 1.30 this morning.

Ahead of the next one, wild horses do your worst!

Hope your mum is on the mend matey.......you certainly missed a quality night but family comes first xx Did you get the chocolate torte though?

Cant wait to see you both at Cleggy xxx biggrin.gif

Guest Carrie Mehome

Excellent night. Only been once before when it was on at the other venue. There was something for everyone in the music bag!

Great to see some faces haven't seen for ages. A big thanks to Helen for driving us there. Here's to the next one! :-)

Guest BintofSoul

Tracey, JB and I had a fantastic time. Thank you very much Sean & Pete for letting us play a few tunes before the evening kicked off. We loved it! A big thanks to Chrissie (and Dean) for getting there early doors to support us. Top bird! It was great to spend the night with all our gorgeous soulful friends. We had it LARGE!

All the DJ's were excellent. I really enjoyed everyone's set but specifically liked Steve Clarke and Andy Dyson (well he is from my home town of sunny Donny!). Loved the Ska/R&B room; young Kriss has got some excellent tunes.

See you at Whitby Sean.

Nicki XXX

Guest matt tees

TALK OF THE SOUTH 9TH ANNIVERSARY SAT 5 JUNE 10

A Massive Thanks to all who joined us in celebrating 9 years at the Talk Of The South on Sat at The Royal Hotel in Luton. This was our 3rd event at The Royal Hotel and now we use 2 Rooms. With so much on and a lot of our regulars here, there and everywhere I was surprised at over 175 + in both rooms. The RnB/Ska Room was absolutely TOP Notch and banging all night with The Northern Room, seemed to be up and down!, however, some real quality soul sides hit the decks especially from the likes of Andy, Ted and Steve. A great range of tunes was played in both Rooms, Classics to some indeed Rare 45s. I would like to thank all our fantastic Guest DJs Andy Dyson. Ted Massey. Chris King. Steve Clark. Warren Boogaloo. plus Nicky and Tracie who making their débuts at TOTS got us off to a flyer. Ted Massey was up next and played a 30min set where I hardly knew any of the top tunage he slapped on the decks. Steve Clark took over the reigns and played a blinder, always relying on quality over quantity. Ted did the business in his second set. Kingy up next and Kingy does what he's best at - Oldies. Next up Andy Dyson mixed in some classics with some of the cream of his recent playlist. The RnB/Ska Room was Top drawer from start to finish so well done to Pete+Kris Tebbutt and not forgetting Warren Boogaloo! Big thanks to the girls Lynn, Michelle and Cressie who kept everyone entertained as they entered the Royal, you always get a big Big and welcome!!

So once again a Big Thanks for all of your support over the last 9 years!!

Sean Chapman

Edited by matt tees
Guest matt tees

Excellent night. Only been once before when it was on at the other venue. There was something for everyone in the music bag!

Great to see some faces haven't seen for ages. A big thanks to Helen for driving us there. Here's to the next one! :-)

Thanks for coming Carrie, there is certainly a very wide range and diversity over both rooms. Hope to see you again.

TALK OF THE SOUTH 9TH ANNIVERSARY - SAT 5 JUNE 10

A Massive Thanks to all who joined us in celebrating 9 years at the Talk Of The South on Sat at The Royal Hotel in Luton. This was our 3rd event at The Royal Hotel and now we use 2 Rooms. With so much on and a lot of our regulars here, there and everywhere I was surprised at over 175 + in both rooms. The RnB/Ska Room was absolutely TOP Notch and banging all night with The Northern Room, seemed to be up and down!, however, some real quality soul sides hit the decks especially from the likes of Andy, Ted and Steve. A great range of tunes was played in both Rooms, Classics to some indeed Rare 45s. I would like to thank all our fantastic Guest DJs Andy Dyson. Ted Massey. Chris King. Steve Clark. Warren Boogaloo. plus Nicky and Tracie who making their dbuts at TOTS got us off to a flyer. Ted Massey was up next and played a 30min set where I hardly knew any of the top tunage he slapped on the decks. Steve Clark took over the reigns and played a blinder, always relying on quality over quantity. Ted did the business in his second set. Kingy up next and Kingy does what he's best at - Oldies. Next up Andy Dyson mixed in some classics with some of the cream of his recent playlist. The RnB/Ska Room was Top drawer from start to finish so well done to Pete+Kris Tebbutt and not forgetting Warren Boogaloo! Big thanks to the girls Lynn, Michelle and Cressie who kept everyone entertained as they entered the Royal, you always get a big Big and welcome!!

So once again a Big Thanks for all of your support over the last 9 years!!

Sean Chapman

Well Sean/Pete,

Luton is still flying the flag for southern soulies, Music is always varied, we all talk about Accross The Board, Luton delivers it. Kris,Pete, Warren and yourself were taking off in the RnB/Ska room. The Northern room was buzzin as well, Fantastic sets from all the DJ's . Fantastic to see Kenny and Wife at TOTS, I know it holds special memories for him. The blind lad who came with us was amazed by Kris in the Ska room. Keep up the good work. (and thanks for the invite). Steve

Guest t.o.t.s.s.c

well done steve.your early quality got the night of to a great start very well received as well.We think the rnb/ska room is a major success bringing in a good few younger faces that sample both rooms which can only be a good thing for the future.obviously with a line up that included warren and kris who are well known for producing the goods it should be consistently good if we can hang onto them both.Our next TOTS at xmas will also have another star dj Rob Bailey of New Untouchables/ Crossfire fame.your blind friend was incredible he got to the middle of the floor and kept dancing for the complete ska/reggae spots.