Richie Havens On Verve Folkways

Csta

how i usually date the mgm stuff john. look at the catalogue number on the above item and just below it theres another number. this is the main number for all mgm/verve and related label releases . get your chart books out and you can pretty much pinpoint release dates from that if you havent got a date stamp on the 45:thumbsup: i make it sept/oct 1966 spyders is jan 1967

dave

DAVE - IT SOUNDS A BIT LIKE ASTROLOGY (CHECKING THE CHARTS & SIGNS) yes.gif

YOU COULD BE THE 'RUSSELL GRANT' OF THE SOUL WORLD laugh.gif

PETE

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 59
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest woolie mark

now that the original poster is sorted.....

this is a hard 45, it took me about three or four years to get a copy and i sold it for well above the "book price" almost immediately i posted it up

i've seen richie havens play live more than once and he has a great "soul" voice

ok his music crosses over in to different fields such as soul and folk.....but then that is northern soul (terry callier, gil scott heron.....yawn, i could go on for hours if i had time)

btw, if anyone wants to buy a copy of richie havens' version of going back to my roots i have a copy of the LP for sale (now that i have that on a 7" )

:lol:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

now that the original poster is sorted.....

this is a hard 45, it took me about three or four years to get a copy and i sold it for well above the "book price" almost immediately i posted it up

i've seen richie havens play live more than once and he has a great "soul" voice

ok his music crosses over in to different fields such as soul and folk.....but then that is northern soul (terry callier, gil scott heron.....yawn, i could go on for hours if i had time)

btw, if anyone wants to buy a copy of richie havens' version of going back to my roots i have a copy of the LP for sale (now that i have that on a 7" )

:lol:

Now are you sure roots came out on a 7' ....lol

Social source share

Even better. So it probably DID get played at the Twisted Wheel.

My old pal Phil Saxe used to DJ there for a short spell, during the week too, not so much the Nighters, so he might be able to shed some light on this rumour.

ITS THE OPENING TRACK FOR THE WOODSTOCK FILM ...SO GOT TO BE 69 ...OR BEFORE

steve T

Edited by steve thomas
Social source share

ITS THE OPENING TRACK FOR THE WOODSTOCK FILM ...SO GOT TO BE 69 ...OR BEFORE

steve T

AS STATED EARLIER IN THE THREAD, RICHIE RECORDED THIS IN JULY OF 1966 AND VERVE FOLKWAYS RELEASED THE 45 IN OCTOBER OF THE SAME YEAR. THE UK LP WAS ISSUED ON VERVE IN FEBRUARY 1968, CHANCES ARE IF IT WAS EVER PLAYED AT THE WHEEL, IT WAS IN THIS FORMAT.

REGARDS, BRI PINCH

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

Source Advert