2010-07-10: Soul In The South Bournemouth Allnighter

Event Title: SOUL IN THE SOUTH BOURNEMOUTH ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: salliejane

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 10 July 2010

-------------------------------------------------

SOUL IN THE SOUTH BOURNEMOUTH ALLNIGHTER

Saturday 10th July 2010 9.00om til 7.00am

BONKERS NIGHTCLUB, opposite The Rising Sun, East Street, Wimborne, near Bournemouth BH21 1HN

Spining the best in Rare 60s Uptempo Soul, Underplayed Oldies & Crossover

Ady Pountain, Mike Eskins, Leon Brown, Roger Stewart, Mark Sargeant

Derek Mead, Bearsy & Alfie Linney

• Late bar
  • Last entry 1.15am
  • Record dealers welcome

ADVANCE TICKETS £10.00

www.soulinthesouth.co.uk

sallie@soulinthesouth.co.uk

info: 07840 898659

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 66
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

BONKERS NIGHTCLUB, opposite The Rising Sun, East Street, Wimborne, near Bournemouth BH21 1HN

• Late bar
  • Last entry 1.15am
  • Record dealers welcome

ADVANCE TICKETS £10.00

www.soulinthesouth.co.uk

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Advance tickets can be purchased via PayPal. Please email sallie@soulinthesouth.co.uk for details.

• Late bar
  • Last entry 1.15am
  • Record dealers welcome

ADVANCE TICKETS £10.00

www.soulinthesouth.co.uk

Looking forward to this one and have some new stuff to play. thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to this one and have some new stuff to play. thumbsup.gif

Be great to see you back on the South Coast Mike. We've had a fabulous reposnse to the first allnighter in the area for many years and we're all looking forward to a fantastic nite. Be good to hear your new tunes. Looking forward to seeing you on the 10th.

• Late bar
  • Last entry 1.15am
  • Record dealers welcome

ADVANCE TICKETS £10.00

www.soulinthesouth.co.uk

Hi Sallie

hope your well...really looking forward to this....only a few weeks to go & i can't wait...got a few new choons i'm gonna give a spin on the night/morning...& i'm hopeing there gonna go down well or i'm in trouble...lol...bring it on...

Alfie

Guest Bearsy

Blimey its the first time ive seen this thread :hatsoff2:

really looking forward to this nighter as i do love me rarer, underplayed. forgotten oldies and crossover :lol:

10 hours of my favourite music and only half hour from me doorstep :thumbsup:

see you all there

Bearsy & Marie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bearsy

Only 2 Allnighters on this weekend so hopefully there will be a good turn out from not only the Southern Soulies but some travelling nighter folk too :thumbsup:

getting excitecd now, any idea of dj times yet Sallie as a few have been asking and i wouldnt mind knowing too :thumbup:

i saw some pics of the venue and it looks mighty fine with a nice large shiny wooden dance floor :thumbsup:

so who else is coming or not then ???

Guest Dave Mortimore

Only 2 Allnighters on this weekend so hopefully there will be a good turn out from not only the Southern Soulies but some travelling nighter folk too :thumbup:

getting excitecd now, any idea of dj times yet Sallie as a few have been asking and i wouldnt mind knowing too :lol:

i saw some pics of the venue and it looks mighty fine with a nice large shiny wooden dance floor :hatsoff2:

so who else is coming or not then ???

. That's a good point Bearsy. I hope that the Hampshire Massive are there in numbers, as I've been given the impression that this is more of their type of do. Like you said, there's not much out there on that night that would serve as a distraction. So I would expect to see a few of the discerning types attending this one? :ohmy:

. You've touched on another point. The event is staged at an unknown venue and some folk are a little perplexed as to what to expect.

. I've been told that it can hold more than Bournemouth Railway Club and it's more up to date, in a subtle understated manner. In other words, it's not like a modern club and befitting of a Northern Soul venue.

. It's all very intriguing, so I'm keeping an open mind.

. We'll see you there! Dave & Jan Mortimore (+ Chris B, Brian, Shirley, etc.)

Edited by Dave Mortimore
Guest Bearsy

. That's a good point Bearsy. I hope that the Hampshire Massive are there in numbers, as I've been given the impression that this is more of their type of do. Like you said, there's not much out there on that night that would serve as a distraction. So I would expect to see a few of the discerning types attending this one? :thumbsup:

. You've touched on another point. The event is staged at an unknown venue and some folk are a little perplexed as to what to expect.

. I've been told that it can hold more than Bournemouth Railway Club and it's more up to date, in a subtle understated manner. In other words, it's not like a modern club and befitting of a Northern Soul venue.

. It's all very intriguing, so I'm keeping an open mind.

. We'll see you there! Dave & Jan Mortimore (+ Chris B, Brian, Shirley, etc.)

this link if it works gives an idea of the place if you look in Gallery :hatsoff2:

https://www.clubbonkers.co.uk/#/venue-hire/4536210550

Guest Bearsy

please keep on topic and ease up on the bumping its ruining the thread hatsoff2.gif

just been sorting some tunes out for tomorrow night and it looks like all uptempo 60s from me :D maybe a few crossover and 70s chucked in for good measure too which of course will be of the uptempo variety :lol:

see you all there or not :(

Good evening soulies...:lol:

At last i can get on here...the nipper has been hogging it all night...

looking forward to this...still not sure what i'm gonna play but it will defo be a bit uptempo...just been digging some out the cobwebb box which has'nt seen the light of day for some time...have been chatting to some soulies on facebook so it defo looks like there is gonna be a good growd going...not long now...:thumbsup:

Guest Bearsy

work done, just about to double check the play box then a couple of hours kip and Bournemouth here we come biggrin.gif

see you all there its gonna be hot :thumbsup:

Guest Glawster

We made the trip down to Poole on friday and stayed with our good friends Macca and Helen,after topping up the tan in the back garden accompanied by a few ciders saturday afternoon,customary 3 S's(s*!t,shave n Shampoo) we set off to the do via Poole stadium(ok a big via!) to attend a birthday bash for a workmate of Maccas,a few more ciders , some bread and cheese then the taxi arrived to take us to Wimorne,after saying Hi to Sallie and Rod and a few others including our mate Colin from good ole Glawster we made our way upstairs to be greeted by Glawster Finest Leon! Whom was on door duty whilst Sallie and Rod had a fag break!

Walked in to find Bearsy on the decks,sorry Alfie missed your set! Quick visit to the bar ,seat,then dancefloor,which seemed to be the theme for the rest of the night.Made by aquantancies with a few old friends and few new Facebookers too!

Good ole Glawstershire was well represented on the DJ front with Adey Pountain,Mike Eskins and Leon all spinning top choons.

I'd never heard Roger Stewart or Mark Sargeant play before(probably a soul sin I know ) but they were excellent! However for me the standout was Derek Mead,his energy behind the decks was awesome!

Top night,well done Sallie and Rod,fcuk the "Jobworths" I say - onwards and upwards!

great venue, great people, great atmosphere, great tunes- great time had by all (I presume)- I had a wicked nite : )

after thought.... didnt hear Art Freeman- Slippin Around get an airing.... given the ice/glass like dancefloor surface early on it wouldve been rather appropropriate : )

great venue Sallie N Rod have secured.... roll on Oct 9th

Sarge

=>>>

Guest Bearsy

Two days after the event, are we going to see a report on how it went with playlists prehaps!!!!!!

it didnt go as well as it could of done inmo and no doubt the rumours are flying around with the odd twist kicked in it to spice it up but here goes my view of the night from an honest point of view,

the venue is superb with very fairly priced drinks, potentialy a great dance floor and the reason i say this is cos it was over polished and was like a skating rink to stand on never mind dance but it still got plenty of action, the nighter didnt evolve as there was a balls up with the late licence and to compensate that the entry was reduced to £8 from £10 and the management chucked in a free drink too, so in theory only a £5 entry

musically i enjoyed myself but was dissapointed with some of the tunes played and not because of any other reeason than they was to me played out Oldies and this event to me wasnt about them, still plenty of superb tunes played from all the djs and a cracking sound system, would i go again after the initial hiccups YES i would cos IMHO it can only get better and i believe it will, 2-30 the night finished and just about everyone was still there wanting more, would i recoomend it, all i would say is if your thinking about going then go and make your own mind up cos imho its defo worth it thumbsup.gif

ps, this isnt an arse licking post just cos i djd its an honest one,

also if anyone wants a playlist from me then send me a pm and i will gladly send you my plays,

atb

Bearsy

why didnt you just pm him with your offer of your review of a night you didnt attend instead of posting it on this thread, how could it be your review you wasnt there, its gossip and you reckon you aint trying to stir things up laugh.gif oh shit im still :thumbup:

im laughing myself as i never said it was MY review...so your the one sticking your elongated nasal projection in.....what is there to stir up?..i have no alligiance to sallie or the obese controller and if sending a pm is so bad how come your sending your playlist via pm

moldie

I've just unnaproved a number of posts. To Bearsy & Moldie, if you've got issues, can you sort them out via the PM system.

Thanks

Nick

i didnt see anything in my posts that needed deleting..im entitled to send a pm

moldie

Guest Bearsy

im laughing myself as i never said it was MY review...so your the one sticking your elongated nasal projection in.....what is there to stir up?..i have no alligiance to sallie or the obese controller and if sending a pm is so bad how come your sending your playlist via pm

moldie

so you sending a report you have nothing to do with that obviously reflects the whole night for everyone else and you being you the most argumentitive (and disliked) member on SS aint an attempt to shit stir laugh.gif

Guest fatcontroller

Calm down lads, all I wanted was an honest reveiw (all ways like reading Dave Mortimers aswell as he seems to tell it like it is) , cause, yes you're right Bearsey, theres a right rumour mill going round!!!!!!

so you sending a report you have nothing to do with that obviously reflects the whole night for everyone else and you being you the most argumentitive (and disliked) member on SS aint an attempt to shit stir laugh.gif

how do you know the review isnt full of praise for the evening?...you dont..i like to debate yes..thats what a forum is and as for being the most disliked...i didnt ask mr levine to leave the site

Guest Bearsy

Calm down lads, all I wanted was an honest reveiw (all ways like reading Dave Mortimers aswell as he seems to tell it like it is) , cause, yes you're right Bearsey, theres a right rumour mill going round!!!!!!

I know there is mr Fatcontroller and the politic side of things i dont care about BUT a true reflection on the night is something i do care about, like i said if you want to see my play list i will be more than willing to send it to you as for certain reasons i would rather keep my plays not so public if you know what i mean thumbsup.gif

atb

Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

how do you know the review isnt full of praise for the evening?...you dont..i like to debate yes..thats what a forum is and as for being the most disliked...i didnt ask mr levine to leave the site

post it up then

i too like readings daves reviews ...regarding the rumour mill ...ive had various texts some saying they enjoyed the night some saying they neverbut i have started no rumours

moldie

Guest Bearsy

i too like readings daves reviews ...regarding the rumour mill ...ive had various texts some saying they enjoyed the night some saying they neverbut i have started no rumours

moldie

who text you then all these various peole ????????

Guest Bearsy

still waiting for the report that could be good or bad and still waiting for all these various people that was there texting your their reports of the night yes.gif

and your not shit stirring :thumbup:

still waiting for the report that could be good or bad and still waiting for all these various people that was there texting your their reports of the night yes.gif

and your not shit stirring :thumbup:

one of the ppl that sent me a pm has posted his review on here..a well respected promoter and dj

as for the report i was gonna send to fat controller i didnt even say i had written it yet did i

so there you have it

it didnt go as well as it could of done inmo and no doubt the rumours are flying around with the odd twist kicked in it to spice it up but here goes my view of the night from an honest point of view,

the venue is superb with very fairly priced drinks, potentialy a great dance floor and the reason i say this is cos it was over polished and was like a skating rink to stand on never mind dance but it still got plenty of action, the nighter didnt evolve as there was a balls up with the late licence and to compensate that the entry was reduced to £8 from £10 and the management chucked in a free drink too, so in theory only a £5 entry

musically i enjoyed myself but was dissapointed with some of the tunes played and not because of any other reeason than they was to me played out Oldies and this event to me wasnt about them, still plenty of superb tunes played from all the djs and a cracking sound system, would i go again after the initial hiccups YES i would cos IMHO it can only get better and i believe it will, 2-30 the night finished and just about everyone was still there wanting more, would i recoomend it, all i would say is if your thinking about going then go and make your own mind up cos imho its defo worth it :thumbup:

ps, this isnt an arse licking post just cos i djd its an honest one,

also if anyone wants a playlist from me then send me a pm and i will gladly send you my plays,

atb

Bearsy

Hi ! Bearsy ,

a very good appraisal of the night , but i have a few issues i would like to air . musically ,it wasn`t what was advertised ,but that suited me , Derek and Roger played fantastic sets and every dj, i heard ( missed yours so cant comment rolleyes.gif )played some good tunes , but the night wasn`t rare ,underplayed , or any crossover as advertised but that is down to the guy`s spinning the tunes ,

What i did not like was the fact it was billed as an all-nighter , and as you say there was a cock up , on entering it was posted that it was not a nighter ,and on paying i was told it would end at 4am ,to me that wasn`t an issue 4am is plenty time to enjoy a night at my age , then the rumours started that it was a 2am finish , confirmed by the doormen (boys) .I was then told by the doormen that the promoters were told two weeks previous that no late licence was in place ,but one would be in place for the following Saturday ,and at the end of the night I approached the club manager to ask him ,he told me the same story, I asked him a second time to confirm which he did .

i know from experience that putting on a soul do` can be a thankless task , but if they did know prior to the night ,that information should have been posted on S/S so people travelling any distance ,(300 miles in my case ,not to mention the Scottish contingent ,which puts my travelling in the shade ) could have decided if they wanted to attend or not ,

This isn`t a "put the boot in " posting ,it`s my perception of what happened and if the clubs manager and doormen weren`t telling the truth ,why tell me ( and others ) that information . The police were on the ball knowing it was a 2am finish ,as they repeatedly stopped outside asking the doormen how many were left inside , and telling them to get a move on to get everyone out , which was 2.30 am .

If Sallie and Rod decide to do another "nighter" i wish them well ,not sure if i would attend though ,

Best wishes WiganBrian.

Guest Bearsy

one of the ppl that sent me a pm has posted his review on here..a well respected promoter and dj

as for the report i was gonna send to fat controller i didnt even say i had written it yet did i

so there you have it

so 1 person has text you and couldnt wait to give you a report on an event you had no interest in not various people and you still aint posted the report :(

your lying is becoming more obvious and you still insist you aint shit stirring rolleyes.gif

come on prove me wrong you have a chance to shut me up :thumbup:

Hi ! Bearsy ,

a very good appraisal of the night , but i have a few issues i would like to air . musically ,it wasn`t what was advertised ,but that suited me , Derek and Roger played fantastic sets and every dj, i heard ( missed yours so cant comment :rolleyes: )played some good tunes , but the night wasn`t rare ,underplayed , or any crossover as advertised but that is down to the guy`s spinning the tunes ,

What i did not like was the fact it was billed as an all-nighter , and as you say there was a cock up , on entering it was posted that it was not a nighter ,and on paying i was told it would end at 4am ,to me that wasn`t an issue 4am is plenty time to enjoy a night at my age , then the rumours started that it was a 2am finish , confirmed by the doormen (boys) .I was then told by the doormen that the promoters were told two weeks previous that no late licence was in place ,but one would be in place for the following Saturday ,and at the end of the night I approached the club manager to ask him ,he told me the same story, I asked him a second time to confirm which he did .

i know from experience that putting on a soul do` can be a thankless task , but if they did know prior to the night ,that information should have been posted on S/S so people travelling any distance ,(300 miles in my case ,not to mention the Scottish contingent ,which puts my travelling in the shade ) could have decided if they wanted to attend or not ,

This isn`t a "put the boot in " posting ,it`s my perception of what happened and if the clubs manager and doormen weren`t telling the truth ,why tell me ( and others ) that information . The police were on the ball knowing it was a 2am finish ,as they repeatedly stopped outside asking the doormen how many were left inside , and telling them to get a move on to get everyone out , which was 2.30 am .

If Sallie and Rod decide to do another "nighter" i wish them well ,not sure if i would attend though ,

Best wishes WiganBrian.

thanks for the review brian.....similar to what i had heard

maybe the promoters should post something

moldie

so 1 person has text you and couldnt wait to give you a report on an event you had no interest in not various people and you still aint posted the report :(

your lying is becoming more obvious and you still insist you aint shit stirring rolleyes.gif

come on prove me wrong you have a chance to shut me up :thumbup:

why do i need to shut you up?..we are both allowed an opinion

what lie have i told?

plus if i have to keep replying to you then it will take even longer...oh yes dare i mention a chat on msn with another attendee

moldie

Guest Bearsy

Hi ! Bearsy ,

a very good appraisal of the night , but i have a few issues i would like to air . musically ,it wasn`t what was advertised ,but that suited me , Derek and Roger played fantastic sets and every dj, i heard ( missed yours so cant comment rolleyes.gif )played some good tunes , but the night wasn`t rare ,underplayed , or any crossover as advertised but that is down to the guy`s spinning the tunes ,

Best wishes WiganBrian.

only difference from that i can add is that as a dj i was told it was a 2-30 finish when we arrived and if things go ok and the management was happy it could go on later and that was from Sally and Rod themselves to me and Marie, Must admit when i see your goodself there and my good freind Shane Cox when he arrived i felt guuted for you all cos i wouldnt of been happy after all them miles and if it was known beforehand then there are questions to be asked and answered :thumbup:

good sliding around with you on that floor too :(

I know there is mr Fatcontroller and the politic side of things i dont care about BUT a true reflection on the night is something i do care about, like i said if you want to see my play list i will be more than willing to send it to you as for certain reasons i would rather keep my plays not so public if you know what i mean thumbsup.gif

atb

Bearsy

I don't know what you mean ? Why is your playlist secret ?

I must start by saying thanx to Salllie & Rod for asking me to spin some choons for them...i really enjoyed it... :thumbsup:

Apart from the the late licence not letting this night carry on to the early hours did'nt stop everyone from having a good time...a good crowd turned up to support the night...ppl from Southend/Londo/Bristol and various other places...plus a good local supporting crowd...everyone one was well up for the late one but it was'nt to be...SHAME...hopefully it will be sorted for the next one in october...:rolleyes:Top choonage got spun by all the dj's...A top venue & a top crowd of soulies:thumbsup:...was good to catch up with ppl...to many names to mention you know who you are... :) all in all a gr8 night...

Alfie... :yes:

Guest Bearsy

why do i need to shut you up?..we are both allowed an opinion

what lie have i told?

plus if i have to keep replying to you then it will take even longer...oh yes dare i mention a chat on msn with another attendee

moldie

so you are lying and you are trying to shit stir :yes::)

post up or shut up cos yet again an event you didnt attend you have to get inolved in and to do that you have to Lie cos all you like to do is stir things up :yes:

i really hope this helps people on here to see you for what you really are :thumbsup:

right back on topic where was we :D

Guest Bearsy

I don't know what you mean ? Why is your playlist secret ?

its not a secret i just prefer to not be so public with it Dave :thumbsup::yes:

quite a few people from around the south & south east will know what i mean :)

Edited by Bearsy

so you are lying and you are trying to shit stir :yes::)

post up or shut up cos yet again an event you didnt attend you have to get inolved in and to do that you have to Lie cos all you like to do is stir things up :yes:

i really hope this helps people on here to see you for what you really are :thumbsup:

right back on topic where was we :D

ok bearsy ask mr higham if he gave me a review of the event on msn?..he was there

mr rimmer never went to the event but he has just posted..is it a serious crime?

i was told that there were between 60/70 ppl through the door...the intended music policy didnt happen and most of the rare stuff that was played cleared the floor...vitually none if any crossover was played and the dancefloor was like an ice rink....the venue has potential and a few teething problems need to be addressed before the next event..if there was to be one..since been informed its on 9th oct..a very friendly crowd in attendance and ppl had travelled along way to be there...i asked ppl about playlists on the night but none were forthcoming

that ends my shit stirring

moldie

moldie

:thumbsup:

Bloody good job ,this is about soul music,not ego's

please keep it real

i couldnt agree more toby but did you read the whole thread including the deleted posts...just askin as you have used my post to reply

moldie

Guest Bearsy

ok bearsy ask mr higham if he gave me a review of the event on msn?..he was there i know i was chatting to him

mr rimmer never went to the event but he has just posted..is it a serious crime? he aint trying to shit stir like you

i was told that there were between 60/70 ppl through the door.. i would say about that too .the intended music policy didnt happen it didnt happen a\s much as it should have but there was plaenty of rarer and underplayed and forgotten oldies played and most of the rare stuff that was played cleared the floor..and so did some of the oldies that was played too .vitually none if any crossover was played agree very little and the dancefloor was like an ice rink. yes it was ...the venue has potential and a few teething problems need to be addressed before the next event..if there was to be one..since been informed its on 9th oct..a very friendly crowd in attendance and ppl had travelled along way to be there. was a good freindly night..i asked ppl about playlists on the night but none were forthcoming you didnt ask me

moldie

now was that your report or you just copy it from another site :yes:

so 1 msn chat with Kev, what about the various people who text you telling you their report on the night who are they ?? :thumbsup:

and all this about rare tunes emptying the dance floor so what is wrong with that, it happens at oldies nights with oldies dont it ??

now was that your report or you just copy it from another site :yes:

LOLOLOL..THAT WAS A SHORT REPORT COMBINING THE ONES I RECIEVED...IM ONLY ON ESSENTIAL MODERN SOUL AND SWSC BEARSY AND AINT SEEN ANYTHING ON THERE AS YET

so 1 msn chat with Kev, what about the various people who text you telling you their report on the night who are they ?? :thumbsup:

WHY DO I NEED TO GIVE NAMES...THERE AINT NOTHING SHIT STIRRING WITH THE REPORT I POSTED

and all this about rare tunes emptying the dance floor so what is wrong with that, it happens at oldies nights with oldies dont it ??

I NEVER SAID THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT BEARSY AND YES IT DOES AS WE BOTH KNOW FROM KENT SOUL CLUB..DONT WE

THERE YOU GO A BRIEF BUT HONEST REVIEW FROM PPL IVE HAD CONTACT WITH

MOLDIE