The Showmen - Take It Baby

The Showmen - Take It Baby b/w In Paradise

What was the original label this was released on? Was it BB or Swan?

It's just that a mate and I bought copies on the BB label years ago for about £2, and ever since we haven't been sure if they're boots, re-issues or whatever.

Any info would be appreciated.

There's a small label scan of my copy, on my own out of date site at: Super Corsa's World

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ALWAYS BAFFLED ME TOO THIS WAS SUPERCORSA! I HAVE IT ON THE SWAN LABEL WHICH NORMALLY GOES FOR A COUPLE OF QUID MORE THAN THE BB ONE AND TURNS UP LESS THAN THE BB ONE. BOTH ARE LEGIT ISSUES AS FAR AS I KNOW ANYWAY.

GRANT

Social source share

The B.B. label was based in Pittsburgh and was effectively a 1960's bootleg label. They pinched several tracks from Swan (amongst others) in search of making a quick buck.

Swan is the definitive label.

Social source share

The B.B. label was based in Pittsburgh and was effectively a 1960's bootleg label. They pinched several tracks from Swan (amongst others) in search of making a quick buck.

Swan is the definitive label.

The one on Swan came out in 1965.

The BB is a (most likely illegal) re-issue from 1967.

The ITZY label out of Pittsburgh also booted lots of Swan tracks in the 60s like Mickey Lee Lane "Hey Sah Lo Ney", Sapphires "Who Do You Love" etc. These are all boots made in the 60s for the Pittsburgh market.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!