Gino Washington - I'll Be Around

As far as I'm aware this was released 3 times, Mala (promo), Atac (promo) & Atac (stock). I received a Atac copy through the post today, which I won on Ebay a week or so ago. Anyway I digress, What's puzzling me is that on the Atac promo listed on John Manships Gino Washingtons name is spelt with an i, however on the stock it's spelt with an e?? Can anyone shed any light on this for me, as I hadn't noticed it on the listing :thumbsup: . Anyway here's a scan of the copy I've got.

post-1182-12760955383863.jpg

GENO WASHINGTON - ILL BE AROUND - ATAC -

post-1182-12760955548985.jpg

GINO WASHINGTON - LIKE MY BABY - ATAC -

Edited by Supercorsa
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

As far as I'm aware this was released 3 times, Mala (promo), Atac (promo) & Atac (stock). I received a Atac copy through the post today, which I won on Ebay a week or so ago. Anyway I digress, What's puzzling me is that on the Atac promo listed on John Manships Gino Washingtons name is spelt with an i, however on the stock it's spelt with an e?? Can anyone shed any light on this for me, as I hadn't noticed it on the listing hatsoff2.gif . Anyway here's a scan of the copy I've got.

post-1182-12760955383863.jpg

post-1182-12760955548985.jpg

Hi,my Atac promo (A-102),is spelt GINO.Plain white label with "plug side" at 9'0clock,"not for sale" at 4 o'clock. No mention of Versatones etc..

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

West Coast ATAC - WHITE LABEL with an "I"

Detroit ATAC - RED and WHITE with an "E"

There's also an issue of the Mala release

Piccies attached

Best

John

post-1703-12760978156278_thumb.jpg

post-1703-12760978467784_thumb.jpg

post-1703-12760978627153.jpg

Social source share

Forgot to mention, which order were they released?

Dave Rimmers site has it as Mala '68, then Atac Promo & stock '69, but on soulful detroit forum it says Mala '69 :D . Anyone know any different? :yes:

Has to be r/w Detroit ATAC 1st, then the west coast(RPR distributed, home to Jimmy McFarland),then Mala in my humble opinion.

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

I'll humbly agree with your humble opinion, squire!

thumbsup.gif

Was it not demo'd on the r&w copies?.Only West coast (with an "I",white dj..) copies.?.Could it mean that the West coast needed it pushed a little more - for Like my baby(not, I'll be around)?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!