The Heatwaves On Mellow

Guest rosies dad

Guest rosies dad

i found a promo of The Heatwaves "what price for love"/"the buzzard" on Mellow. Real nice male group sound. Is this chicago? And did they have any other records? Cant find any info.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i found a promo of The Heatwaves "what price for love"/"the buzzard" on Mellow. Real nice male group sound. Is this chicago? And did they have any other records? Cant find any info.

The 45 is listed in Brown & Koppel's "The Essential Northern Soul Price Guide" edition 2.

It looks like it is a Chicago group (or from the surrounding area) based on the release number.

No other 45s are listed by them in the book.

Maybe a Chicago expert can tell us more.

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

The 45 is listed in Brown & Koppel's "The Essential Northern Soul Price Guide" edition 2.

It looks like it is a Chicago group (or from the surrounding area) based on the release number.

hey thanks. I kinda figured it was chicago but didnt know. Im not familiar with the label either.. But i dont know alot of things.
Social source share

aren't you a chicago expert?

it is chicago, written by chuck colbert if i remember correctly.

Social source share

Charles Colbert later cut "What price for love" on Bennie Shaw on Excello. It is far superior to the Heatwaves and is, imo, in the premier league of midpaced northern releases. It is a superb record waiting to be "discovered" and is extremely rare.

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

Charles Colbert later cut "What price for love" on Bennie Shaw on Excello. It is far superior to the Heatwaves and is, imo, in the premier league of midpaced northern releases. It is a superb record waiting to be "discovered" and is extremely rare.

does it have the male group backing? Thats one of the things i like so much about the heatwaves version
Social source share

never knew about an alternate version, thanks.

Social source share

Thanks, Bob.

So the other Mellow label is not from Chicago?

no, according to posts on this board (I don't know first hand), it's from delaware and the mello souls are somehow related to silas phipher and the mellow fellows on candi

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!