2010-07-16: Rimini Rare Soul Weekender 9

Event Title: RIMINI RARE SOUL WEEKENDER 9

Event Author: Cristian

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 16 July 2010

-------------------------------------------------

The venue Gotha Club is located directly on the beach on viale Regina Margherita 52, just five minutes from the airport if you get a taxi. The Gotha Club has got an amazing outdoor lounge disco-bar, right in front of the promenade. This is where the afternoon sessions will take

place, while the main dance-hall is just behind.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon/dinner time bar sessions with djs, cocktails, food and record stalls

(dealers are welcome), free admission.

Friday night 10:30 pm - 05:00 am

allnighter in the main room

Saturday night 10:30 pm - 06:00 am

same as above but we stay up one hour later

Sunday night 10:00 - 03:00

mini-nighter goodbye party with free admission

DJ-lineup

Arthur Fenn (UK)

Mick H (UK)

Marc Forrest (D)

Dodo (I) - Stefano O. (I)

Mr. Lele (I) - Alfredo M. (I)

residents

Cristian R. (I) - Simone C. (I)

Niters pass: club tickets (two drinks included) for the three

niters 16th-17th-18th / 25 euro, payable in advance by

pay-pal or money transfer only, within July 12th.

To reserve it you should send the payment with full name

to info@gambettolasoulcity.net

Single ticket is 15 euro for each night (one drink included),

no advance, payable directly at the door, except for

sunday night which is free entry.

FULL WEEKENDER PASS: club tickets (two drinks included) +

hotel accomodation (B&B formula) nearby the venue or

anywhere else in Rimini

3 stars hotel = 115 euros

4 stars hotel = 205 euros

prices for three nights (16th-17th-18th) per person for a

double or triple or quadruple room (supplement for single

room 10 euros). Payment in advance by money transfer

only, contact us for booking.

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Myself and a mate got some cheap flights from East Mids, and we'll be there for the Saturday night, Christian doing a great job in helping with accomodation. For me, Italy, Soul and sun combo sounds like an amazing mix, all I need now is a Lambretta to get around on :laugh: Rimini Lambretta center here we come..... Can't wait gor Saturday now, see you all there.

Best, Dave.

Edited by Briles

just came back from a great weekend, outside it was very hot, we had 40 degrees on saturday and inside at the nighters was even hotter cause of the played tunes!!! as for me all the guest dj's did a great job!! especially marc, arthur and mick kept me dancing and dancing.

If Mick reads this i really would like to know what the tennesse record was "Just a look" or sth is hammered in my mind....

just came back from a great weekend, outside it was very hot, we had 40 degrees on saturday and inside at the nighters was even hotter cause of the played tunes!!! as for me all the guest dj's did a great job!! especially marc, arthur and mick kept me dancing and dancing.

If Mick reads this i really would like to know what the tennesse record was "Just a look" or sth is hammered in my mind....

hi henning, seems we are the first to be back home...my what a weekend, eh ? 42 degrees on friday...and then music and company to die for! Played your request saturday morning (Four Andantes) but believe you went before that with Fu ? See you soon again I hope!

Thank to Stefano, Simone and Cristian for a fantastic weekend-er! Fabulous. Maybe more later...still exhausted.

yeah, heard from emel that you played it, i went at 3.15, in my head only a soup left instead of a brain at the time, guess it came from the heat....

but thanks a lot for playing, i guess you would have also played it without my requestthumbsup.gif

see you soon, henning

Totally exhausted and left 20 or so smiling at the hotel or airport today, already talking about going next year for the big 10th anniversary - wow that's flown!

Many thanks to organisers/DJ's Simone + Cristian, the guest DJ's, the great Italian people generally ...along with the other attending nationaliities who make Rimini such fun. Musically, the mainly 60's and 70's soul mix and vinyl standard we've grown to expect did not disappoint - plus there was lots of hot sun, great Italian food (especially off the main drag) and limoncello memories. Never made it to the old town or shoe shopping this year, but always find plenty of yummy bits to bring back. Perfect also for anyone who wants their hotel, beach, weekender soul venue, restaurants, gelato and bars ...a mere few doors apart if you want it.

Rrrrrroll on Rrrr-rimini 2011 :thumbsup:

m

ps. what makes this weekender extra special is that the people who run it are some of the nicest people you will ever meet anywhere (many have said this). I hope they finally realise how much happiness they bring!

Totally exhausted and left 20 or so smiling at the hotel or airport today, already talking about going next year for the big 10th anniversary - wow that's flown!

Many thanks to organisers/DJ's Simone + Cristian, the guest DJ's, the great Italian people generally ...along with the other attending nationaliities who make Rimini such fun. Musically, the mainly 60's and 70's soul mix and vinyl standard we've grown to expect did not disappoint - plus there was lots of hot sun, great Italian food (especially off the main drag) and limoncello memories. Never made it to the old town or shoe shopping this year, but always find plenty of yummy bits to bring back. Perfect also for anyone who wants their hotel, beach, weekender soul venue, restaurants, gelato and bars ...a mere few doors apart if you want it.

Rrrrrroll on Rrrr-rimini 2011 :lol:

m

ps. what makes this weekender extra special is that the people who run it are some of the nicest people you will ever meet anywhere (many have said this). I hope they finally realise how much happiness they bring!

A MASSIVE "THANK YOU" TO EVERYBODY WHO CAME TO OUR 9TH RIMINI RARE SOUL WEEKENDER,

MAKING IT AN UNFORGETTABLE ONE & KEEPING THE SOUL ALIVE IN ITALY (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE).

SEE YA ALL NEXT YEAR FOR THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY....

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Guest ruppy

A truly fantastic weekender from start to finish,big thanks to Simoni & Christian,and the Steph,Marc ,nice to meet up with Marc & Katrina ,and anyone else i have missed,

to all the Brits who made it over ,Kitch Julia,Cliff & Nat,Glen Gaynor,Ian Mac,Karen & Pete ,Arthur, Maria ,what belly laughs we had,twelve in the spa tub,me included ha ha,

Nice to see Bob & Val,Liam,& John,

Musically good as it gets ,some great sets from the Italians djs

Cant wait for next years big tenth anniversary and someone,s 50Th who is that i wonder ?

till next time b good

Mick & Mandy

only the second visit to rimini weekender for me and "the churmanator".....but musically as good as last year ....so a big up to all djs involved!!!!...danced to many tunes......wrote a few down that i didn't know which caught me ear!! ( hard to shrug off being a soul nerd even on holiday) caught me breathe inbetween the others and filled me face with antipasti whilst soaking up mojitos n soul music like a sponge in the afternoon sessions !!!!!...

excellent venue,excellent people,excellent music,excellent resort !!!!.....the dance floor for fri+ sat niters were always busy...shame a lot of people left before the sunday nite though...had us thinking we'd got stinky armpits!!!????....but to be honest i had after all the dancing i'd done!

for anyone who is thinking of going next year wherever you're from....IT'S A MUST!!!!.....great friendly promotors in christian n simone and a great experience all round to be had with no let up in the quality of the music from rarities ,unknowns, oldies , x-over, modern and a dose of r'n'b for good measure!!!

we did it on the cheap $13 a night on the campsite with the tent held up by a "cats cradle" my nonna (grandma)would be proud of!!!....but we were told of prices of $20 and $30 a night in the hotels + swingers jacuzzi included!! whey hey !!!!!.....what more do you want from a weekend away!!!

seeya there in 2011

stinky frankie!!

I should have posted this way before now, and saying I've been busy is just a stupid excuse. Anyway here goes :-

Myself and my friend Mandy who helps me run the Warwick Soul Nights booked very late for this event, just a week before. We only managed to get the on a Saturday flight from East Mids direct into Rimini. As we stepped off the plane, the heat was incredible at 20.00 hours. We got a taxi to the Hotel, and found Gotha Bar next door but one. We managed the end of the afternoon chill out session, so we got a drink, and were handed some pizza nibbles by the Guys on the next table. A very friendly gesture which set the tone for the remainder of the weekend.

Mandy and I over the next few days met some of the very nicest, funniest people you could ever meet. Karen and Pete, fantastic company, Michaela and Steve, superb people. Kev had me in tears of laughter, brilliant. Wish I'd got to know Marc and Karina a bit more, but save some things for next year when we are hoping to bring some of our friends along.

Musically it was quite crossover and modern, but they did slip the odd top class oldie in which packed the floor each time. Great to see the Italians dancing, the Mod girls looked amazing, and so did the Swiss to be fair. Emel, very nice to meet you. Sunday afternoon had a real R n B and Latin feel, and for me was perfect just to sit and listen to whilst enjoying a cool one or two. As has been mentioned, the Sunday night was fairly quiet in terms of numbers, but not in terms of the quality of the people attending.

Christian, Simone, Silvano and all inviolved, many thanks and see you next year. Best wishes, Dave, and I'm sure these words are appropriate for Mandy as well.

Edited by Briles
Guest karen b

Nine years of fantastic memories of this wonderful weekender,yes.gif

Stored in the memory bank.........................The look on Arthurs face as he realised he had jumped into the pool

with his watch on!sad.gif but as I said, "not as bad as John Weston who had his phone in his pocket!" OOOPPPS

guess what was in his Pocket?????yes.gif

Mick H holding court in 'his' jacuzzi by the pool with knotted hankie on his head, administering owl wise words

about anything and everything, looking every part a true 'godfather'shades.gif

The look on MY face when I realised the possible implications of 'at Mandys instruction' of gently shoving

Mick into the pool fully clothed and ironed!!! O M G didnt even think of possible i phone in pocket!!! Sorry again Mickinnocent.gif

Micheala saying that every single story or apology she and Steve tell starts with "well, we were with Karen and Pete......"ph34r.gif

and now Dave and his friend Mandy have their first "well we were with Karen and Pete" story .lolthumbsup.gif

The wonderful friendships, Simone, Lucia, Christian,Christina, Pierre, Foo, Thommas,Barbara,Valentina,Marc,Karina,

so so many and all different nationalities, and all of us there for our shared love of SOUL music.

The Friday niter was great, but the Saturday was even better, thumbup.gifThe music was fantastic (DJs playlists please)

and the enthusiasm of the attendees was sooooper (a Karina word),

but, to share a unique experience of listening and dancing whilst watching the sun rise over the ocean is

both moving and magical.wub.gif

Summary, we laughed till we cried, I guess you just had to be there.thumbup.gif

See you next year for your 10th anniversary, and Micks 50th, and Cliff and Nats Silver wedding and any others

celebrating just the joy of being...................................with, likeminded lovers of soul moosica........................hatsoff2.gif

Love Karen (and Pete) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by karen b

Hi All

Finally got home on Sunday night having landed at Stansted on Thursday at 6.30pm, driven to Shrewsbury Travel Lodge then on to Port Meirion on Friday morning to attend Tracie and Andrew's midday wedding in the Village (He is a number and he is not a free man anymore!).

What a cracking time we had in Rimini. So good in fact that we only made the Saturday Niter (due to illness on Friday). Great food, great people, great music and a brilliant sunrise to boot. It was quite comical seeing the state of the youngsters travelling back to town on the number 11 at 6.30am. Wasted was not the word - lightweights!

Roll on next July! Keep up the good work C & S!

Paul & Helen

A MASSIVE "THANK YOU" TO EVERYBODY WHO CAME TO OUR 9TH RIMINI RARE SOUL WEEKENDER,

MAKING IT AN UNFORGETTABLE ONE & KEEPING THE SOUL ALIVE IN ITALY (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE).

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Brilliant music, great atmosphere & people.......Thanks to you and Simone for another great Rimini Soul Weekender!! :):thumbup:

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!

We Love You More!:) . So many fab weekends in Rimini but you know i think this may be the best yet. I thought all the dj's played with flair & imagination & that made for an unforgetable few days. Great Stuf guys!, Arthur.

hello everybody!

it was my first trip to rimini for a weekender and in general.

i was really overwhelmed by the tunes! listening to them at home through boxes is not even close to that feeling listening to it loudly, seeing everybody rushing onto the dancefloor to catch that certain feeling...

by the way, i was the one sweating like a horse... :D

though i must say: there must have been some tears as well that i left on the dancefloor, emotionally touched... :lol:

dave, was nice to meet you, too, by the way!

arthur, i must have thanked you in a drunken slur.. sorry for that babbling. :thumbsup: but i was serious in thanking you! same excuse to marc! ooh, i was too drunk that night....

two girlfriends of mine had their first weekender ever, cristina and marta. they are now full convicted soul fans! already planned their trip to hamburg... :ohmy: so rimini must have impressed them!

thanks for that great experience!

regards,

emel

Source Advert