Guest Aitor

Guest Aitor

Event Title: SOUL ESSENCE MEETS SOUL 4 REAL

Event Author: Aitor

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Thu 07 October 2010

-------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Here´s the info of the next Soul 4 Real - Soul Essence Weekender in Bilbao (Spain)

510721.jpg

DJ LINE UP:

THURSDAY NIGHT at Cotton Club 10 p.m. - 2.am.

Free entry

DJs to be confirmed

FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHT at Ercilla 11p.m. - 6 a.m.

10 Euros per night (tickets available on the door)

Bob Cosby

David de Santiago

Gavin Page

Herminio Afonso

Steve Plumb

Aitor Lombide

SATURDAY DOWNBEAT SESSIONS at Cotton Club 4 p.m - 8 p.m.

Free entry

Brian Goucher

Eduardo Domingo

Paul Thrower

Alex Subinas

SUNDAY GOODBYE SESSIONS at Cotton Club 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.

Free entry

DJs to be confirmed

475891.jpg

482829.jpg

Accommodation at the cith centre 4 Star Hotel Ercilla is just.........

70 Euros + 7% tax per night for a Double room (breakfast included)

60 Euros + 7% tax per night for a Single room (breakfast included)

80 euros + 7% tax per night for a Triple room (breakfast included)

For direct flights to Bilbao from Stansted go to www.easyjet.com or from Heathrow visit

www.clickair.com

As alternatives, you can also fly from Stansted to Santander with Ryanair and from Gatwick or Bristol to Biarritz with Easyjet

IMPORTANT - For Hotel bookings at Hotel Ercilla and additional info please contact

Alex Subinas: 00-34-639-613533 or online at eurocom@jet.es

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 32
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ALL BOOKED UP AND READY, FOR THE MOST "ENJOYABLE WEEKENDER" ON THE PLANET. IN ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CITIES. NOT TO MENTION THE TAPAS...

CAN'T WAIT

BEST

TATS

You know it makes sense mate. A fantastic few days with some of the best hosts on the soul scene:hatsoff2:

Troop;

This really is one of THE finest weekenders of our times, no politics, no chin strokers standing in the corner looking down on the rest of us, just quality music played by nice people appreciated by more thoroughly nice people.What more could anyone who has an interest in our wonderful music want, there really is something for everyone.

cheers

Gouc

Edited by Gouch
  • 2 months later...

oh I'd dearly love to come

oh well every year I miss means the kids are another year older and easier to palm off on someone for a long weekend :hatsoff2:

maybe next year then...

Getting my box ready, loved it last year.......are the students coming again??

Awright Mr Taylor, I assume you will happily play some of that crossover stuff over there!

Great pictures of your lads wedding on FB, give him my hearty congrats, lovely lad, just as you would expect with the parents he has :thumbsup:

Whats this I hear you had Bully in NY, I hope you have filmed it, I have said to him he would be like the Crocodile Dundee of Chesterfield biggrin.gif:ohmy:

I had convinced Diane to come over for this but have just realised that I have Keni Burke tickets in Londond for that night so can't do, sounds a great weekend, defo next year

Edited by jocko

Awright Mr Taylor, I assume you will happily play some of that crossover stuff over there!

Great pictures of your lads wedding on FB, give him my hearty congrats, lovely lad, just as you would expect with the parents he has :hatsoff2:

Whats this I hear you had Bully in NY, I hope you have filmed it, I have said to him he would be like the Crocodile Dundee of Chesterfield :ohmy:biggrin.gif

I had convinced Diane to come over for this but have just realised that I have Keni Burke tickets in Londond for that night so can't do, sounds a great weekend, defo next year

Hiya Jock

You would love Bilbao,.......especially Sunday morning when we get Mr Bulloch in the Guggenheim....Tha wat........Thanks for the wishes, i will pass them on,

hope to see ya soon, adoption papers ready.

Tats

Guest DaveSwift

Me and the missus should be over. Went two years ago and really enjoyed it. Should be even better now - i see extra warm-up and afternoon sessions.

Cheers

Dave

Here's the definitive line-up

DJ LINE UP

THURSDAY NIGHT at Cotton Club 9 p.m. - 1,30 a.m.

Free entry

Paul Sutton

Andy "Tats" Taylor

John Pearson

FRIDAY & SATURDAY NIGHT at Ercilla 11p.m. - 6 a.m.

10 Euros per night (tickets available on the door)

Bob Cosby

David de Santiago

Gavin Page

Herminio Afonso

Steve Plumb

Aitor Lombide

SATURDAY DOWNBEAT SESSIONS at Cotton Club 4 p.m - 8 p.m.

Free Entry

Brian Goucher

Eduardo Domingo

Paul Thrower

Alex Subinas

SUNDAY GOODBYE SESSIONS at Ercilla 4,30 p.m. - 7,30 p.m.

Free entry

Alejandro Aguayo

Ian "Bully" Bulloch

CAN'T WAIT !!!!:yes:

Edited by Aitor
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya Jock

You would love Bilbao,.......especially Sunday morning when we get Mr Bulloch in the Guggenheim....Tha wat........Thanks for the wishes, i will pass them on,

hope to see ya soon, adoption papers ready.

Tats

Looking forward to Bilbao again, gutted to have missed the last one :yes:

My advice to all who fancy The Guggenheim. It is definitely worth a trip BUT don't go with the hangover from hell (like I did)......................or you will regret it :hatsoff2:

Only a coupla weeks to go now - canny wait!

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gavin Page

Hi all, someone has had to pull ot of Bilbao, I have two flights for the price of changing your name £50.00.. Give me a shout if any use to please.

Hi all, someone has had to pull ot of Bilbao, I have two flights for the price of changing your name £50.00.. Give me a shout if any use to please.

hi.i'd be interested in one of the tickets if still available.are they going out thu. or fri. i assume from stansted?

Me and the missus should be over. Went two years ago and really enjoyed it. Should be even better now - i see extra warm-up and afternoon sessions.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave....Hi Mark....Hi Plumby.....Hi to all soullies.....all good news cause i'll be there with my new dancing shoes!!

and looking forward to hanging out with my favourite dance pal...thats you dave.........:thumbsup:

SEE YA THERE!!!!......................:thumbsup:

BakerSoul (Majestic)

Well what can I say that as not been said about this Weekender in previous years........................NOTHING! no.gif

Firstly much appreciation to Aitor & Alex for putting this weekend on, now alongside their partners in crime Bob Cosby & Gavin Page! The guys hospitality was second to none and can I say MANY THANKS!

It was Melissa and my first time at this weekender, and it was also our first weekender outside of the UK....! But after this weekend, I can assure you all it will not be the last none UK weekender!

The City of Bilbao is a very beautiful place and not at all spoilt by tourism, not many tourists were there at all (only Weekender Guests really). The hotel Ercilla is a really nice hotel and I cannot complain about it in any way.

On the musical side every session was throughly enjoyed by most of the people there, or certainly the ones that I spoke with. A good cross section of both Soul & Funk was enjoyed by the punters at both of the niters along with the sessions in the Cotton Club... along with the Goodbye Songs sessions that I took part in along with Alejandro........!

Thanks to all of the people who stayed right until the death, along with all of the Shoe Shop.........................You really had to be there to understand what I actually mean...........................TERRIFIC! Although I also appreciate that a lot of the guys that were there had to leave to catch your flights..!

My final spot turned into a two and a half hour one, and I think I would still be playing now if I would have been allowed to.............. A REAL PLEASURE to play some tunes for you guys yes.gif

Our Sunday night early to bed was scuppered by Aitor & Alex who again insisted that we all go for something to eat together, so once again Drunken Debauchery was the order of the day....................FANTASTIC!

Cannot wait until next year, ROLL ON....................!

THANKS

Bully! thumbsup.gif

Well put Bully. Sorry we missed your Sunday set but we booked the flights before we knew it was on. Once again many thanks to Alex and Aitor!

My body still hurts....................when it finally heals in the next day or so i'll put together some thoughts and some playlists too :rolleyes:

In the words of Brian Goucher it was SENSATIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard you were still playing whilst we were all on the plane on Sunday Bully - top man, heard the hotel was a rockin' mate

Cheers

Steve

My first post on Soul-Source.

Aitor & Alex have ran their Weekender since the mid 90s, top guys who love their music.

The Spanish soul scene has the vibe of what it was like back in the late 70s in the UK, plus they are fantastic hosts when you go over there. Glad you all had a great time...

It's been a very hard week and still trying to recover from a longggggg weekend.

Thank you to everybody who visited us and special thank you to all the DJs that make this weekender so especial.

Roll on !!!!

Edited by Aitor

Great pictures of your lads wedding on FB, give him my hearty congrats, lovely lad, just as you would expect with the parents he has :yes:

Whats this I hear you had Bully in NY, I hope you have filmed it, I have said to him he would be like the Crocodile Dundee of Chesterfield :thumbsup::lol:

Jock...................hope you had a good night Saturday.......................YOU MISSED A BLINDER Mate.........................!

Get It Booked next year Mate....................Rate Up Your Strasse!thumbsup.gif

Bully! yes.gif

Venue Report

Bilbao Weekender - Oct 2010

Soul4Real meets SoulEssence

After missing last October's do it was a full 18 months since we'd sampled the delights of Bilbao! The weekender for us started on Wednesday afternoon as we set off and stopped with The Cosby's on Wednesday night as we had an early flight on

Thursday. Beer and a session in the Cosby record room got us off to a good start!

Thursday - The beauty of the early flight meant we were in the hotel and ready for action by half ten on Thursday morning! So 'Tapas Trawl #1' it was then! What a great day it was too! Sun, Tapas, Pinxtos, Beer and eventually hitting the Cotton Club

for the warm up session later that evening. I say warm up but really it was a full on night and the DJ's really did raise the bar for the rest of the weekend - no pressure then!

Friday - More of the same I'm afraid! Did the Boat Trip this year and became an honoury Leighton Buzzardian for the day as it was two of us and eight of them! Straight onto 'Tapas Trawl #2' weather pretty good, more Tapas, Pinxtos & Beer which soon became the first main night at The Ercilla Hotel. There was a real party atmosphere with Brits outnumbering the Spanish by 4 to 1 (most of them were due to come in for the Saturday night gig). Musically it was mainly 70's, Crossover & Northern and the dance floor was full all night. This really was a great night and it looked like just about everyone agreed!

Saturday - Retail Therapy for the girls swiftly followed by 'Tapas Trawl #3' with yes, you guessed it even more Tapas, Pinxtos & Beer and hitting the Cotton Club again, this time for the afternoon 'Deep' session. Loads of SENSATIONAL tuneage on how there was too! The main Saturday night at The Ercilla had more of a 50/50 split of Brits versus Spanish and musically it was the polar opposite of Friday night! Not much Northern and/or Crossover was heard until the very wee small hours. In the main we got loads of the funkier & jazzier end of the scene which gave rise to two brilliantly contrasting nights. Something for everybody that's for sure!

Sunday - Window shopping followed by 'Tapas Trawl #4' then back to the Ercilla for some farewell tunes in the foyer which was a superb way to end the weekend. As we left for the airport the music carried on and apparantly got very happy and very messy later on!

I've purposely not mentioned any DJ's or names of the many folks we sang, drank, ate and partied with, as there are simply too many BUT a massive thank you to anyone who was unlucky enough to spend time with us this weekend! Thanks also go out to the many DJ's who all did superb sets!

Many thanks to the organisers 'Alex & Aitor' and from the Yarmouth side of the tracks 'Bob & Gavin' for putting together a quality weekender with more fun than you can shake a stick at and of course as much Soul as it's humanly possible to take. Roll on October 2011!

I'll finish with my playlists for both Friday & Saturday nights at The Ercilla Hotel -

Steve Plumb - Friday night (1am-2am) - Paaarrrty

Delfonics - I told you so (45)

Vessie Simmons - I can make it on my own (45)

Willie J & Co - Boogie with your baby (45)

C Henry Woods Troupe - The Stranger (45)

Kool Blues - can we try love again (45)

Charlene & The Soul Serenaders - Can you win (45)

Inell Young - What do you see in her (45)

Bobby Bland - Shoes (45)

Chubby & The Turnpikes - I didn't try (45)

Paramount Four - Sorry ain't the word (45)

Sam Dees - Lonely for you baby (Alt Take LP)

George Kirby - What can I do (45)

Clydene Jackson - I need your love (LP)

Brief Encounter - Human (45)

New Holidays - Maybe so maybe no (45)

Satin - Your loves got me (45)

Tempests - Someday (LP)

Seven Souls - I still love you (45)

Richard Caiton - I'd like to get near you (45)

Norris Vines - Give in (45)

Steve Plumb - Saturday night (11pm-12.30am) - Early doors, setting the tone

Deborah Bell - Close your eyes (CD)

BSTC feat J L - I love it (CD)

DJ Asparagus - Your daddy loves you (CD)

Root Soul feat Leon King - My dream come true (CD)

Laurence Beaman - Thinking of you (CD)

Paris Delane - Can't go back (CD)

Marjorie Ingram - Another woman involved (forthcoming)

Ted Taylor - Farewell (forthcoming)

George Soule - Midnight love affair (forthcoming)

Candi Staton - One more hurt (forthcoming)

George Jackson - Victim of a foolish heart (forthcoming) (Bilbao '1st play' exclusive)

Spencer Wiggins - I'm at the breaking point (CD)

Epicentre - Get off the phone (LP Borrowed from Bob Cosby)

Invitations - It was a woman (New 45)

Anthony Hamilton - So in love with you (CD)

Marcell & The Truth - Lost in the moment (CD)

Chantay Savage - Don't let it go to your head (Silks Old School 12")

Esther Philips - Brother brother (CD)

Ella Woods - I need your love (45)

Alice Clark - Don't you care (LP)

Arnold Blair - Trying to get next to you (45)

Joyce Williams - The first thing I do in the morning (45)

Friday Saturday Sunday - There must be something (45)

Lou Courtney - Somebody new is loving on you (45)

Fabulous Playmates - Don't turn your back on love (45)

Barrett Strong - Is it true (45)

Hesitations - Is that the way to treat a girl (45)

Sy Hightower - I know you're leaving me (45)

Cheers

Steve Plumb

Oct 2010

Edited by Steve Plumb

Hi All

It seems there was an error in my Bilbao report from last week which from all accounts upset some people?

I have now amended this and apologise for any offence this may have caused. None was meant, I assure you!

Please find below the amended version.

Cheers

Steve

Bilbao Weekender - Oct 2010

Soul4Real meets SoulEssence

After missing last October's do it was a full 18 months since we'd sampled the delights of Bilbao! The weekender for us started on Wednesday afternoon as we set off and stopped with The Cosby's on Wednesday night as we had an early flight on Thursday. Beer and a session in the Cosby record room got us off to a good start!

Thursday - The beauty of the early flight meant we were in the hotel and ready for action by half ten on Thursday morning! So 'Tapas Trawl #1' it was then! What a great day it was too! Sun, Tapas, Pinxtos, Beer and eventually hitting the Cotton Club for the warm up session later that evening. I say warm up but really it was a full on night and the DJ's really did raise the bar for the rest of the weekend - no pressure then!

Friday - More of the same I'm afraid! Did the Boat Trip this year and became an honoury Leighton Buzzardian for the day as it was two of us and eight of them! Straight onto 'Tapas Trawl #2' weather pretty good, more Tapas, Pinxtos & Beer which soon became the first main night at The Ercilla Hotel. There was a real party atmosphere with Brits outnumbering the Spanish by 4 to 1 (most of them were due to come in for the Saturday night gig). Musically it was mainly 70's, Crossover & Northern and the dance floor was full all night. This really was a great night and it looked like just about everyone agreed!

Saturday - Retail Therapy for the girls swiftly followed by 'Tapas Trawl #3' with yes, you guessed it even more Tapas, Pinxtos & Beer and hitting the Cotton Club again, this time for the afternoon 'Deep' session. Loads of SENSATIONAL tuneage on show there was too! The main Saturday night at The Ercilla had more of a 50/50 split of Brits versus Spanish and musically it was the polar opposite of Friday night! Not much Northern and/or Crossover was heard until the very wee small hours. In the main we got loads of the funkier & jazzier end of the scene which gave rise to two brilliantly contrasting nights. Something for everybody that's for sure!

Sunday - Window shopping followed by 'Tapas Trawl #4' then back to the Ercilla for some farewell tunes in the foyer which was a superb way to end the weekend. As we left for the airport the music carried on and apparantly got very happy and very messy later on!

I've purposely not mentioned any DJ's or names of the many folks we sang, drank, ate and partied with, as there are simply too many BUT a massive thank you to anyone who was unlucky enough to spend time with us this weekend! Thanks also go out to the many DJ's who all did superb sets!

Many thanks to the organisers 'Alex & Aitor' and from the Yarmouth side of the tracks 'Bob & Gavin' for putting together a quality weekender with more fun than you can shake a stick at and of course as much Soul as it's humanly possible to take. Roll on October 2011!

I'll finish with my playlists for both Friday & Saturday nights at The Ercilla Hotel -

Steve Plumb - Friday night (1am-2am) - Paaarrrty

Delfonics - I told you so (45)

Vessie Simmons - I can make it on my own (45)

Willie J & Co - Boogie with your baby (45)

C Henry Woods Troupe - The Stranger (45)

Kool Blues - can we try love again (45)

Charlene & The Soul Serenaders - Can you win (45)

Inell Young - What do you see in her (45)

Bobby Bland - Shoes (45)

Chubby & The Turnpikes - I didn't try (45)

Sam Dees - Lonely for you baby (Alt Take LP)

George Kirby - What can I do (45)

Clydene Jackson - I need your love (LP)

Brief Encounter - Human (45)

New Holidays - Maybe so maybe no (45)

Satin - Your loves got me (45)

Tempests - Someday (LP)

Seven Souls - I still love you (45)

Richard Caiton - I'd like to get near you (45)

Norris Vines - Give in (45)

Steve Plumb - Saturday night (11pm-12.30am) - Early doors, setting the tone

Deborah Bell - Close your eyes (CD)

BSTC feat J L - I love it (CD)

DJ Asparagus - Your daddy loves you (CD)

Root Soul feat Leon King - My dream come true (CD)

Laurence Beaman - Thinking of you (CD)

Paris Delane - Can't go back (CD)

Marjorie Ingram - Another woman involved (forthcoming)

Ted Taylor - Farewell (forthcoming)

George Soule - Midnight love affair (forthcoming)

Candi Staton - One more hurt (forthcoming)

George Jackson - Victim of a foolish heart (forthcoming) (Bilbao '1st play' exclusive)

Spencer Wiggins - I'm at the breaking point (CD)

Epicentre - Get off the phone (LP Borrowed from Bob Cosby)

Invitations - It was a woman (New 45)

Anthony Hamilton - So in love with you (CD)

Marcell & The Truth - Lost in the moment (CD)

Chantay Savage - Don't let it go to your head (Silks Old School 12")

Esther Philips - Brother brother (CD)

Ella Woods - I need your love (45)

Alice Clark - Don't you care (LP)

Arnold Blair - Trying to get next to you (45)

Joyce Williams - The first thing I do in the morning (45)

Friday Saturday Sunday - There must be something (45)

Lou Courtney - Somebody new is loving on you (45)

Fabulous Playmates - Don't turn your back on love (45)

Barrett Strong - Is it true (45)

Hesitations - Is that the way to treat a girl (45)

Sy Hightower - I know you're leaving me (45)

Cheers

Steve Plumb

www.soulmusic.co.uk

Oct 2010