2010-08-14: ***the New Barnsley Allnighter @ Birdwell Venue***

Event Title: ***The New*** BARNSLEY ALLNIGHTER @ Birdwell Venue Event Author: Simon McMaster Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders Event Date: Sat 14 August 2010 ------------------------------------------------- The Stormin' Soul Club proudly presents...

The New Barnsley Allnighter @

Birdwell Venue, Sheffield Road, Birdwell, S70 5UY

Saturday 14th August 2010

10pm 'til 6am, £10 otd

With top djs - Roger Banks, Andy Dyson, Karl Heard, Dave Rivers, Geoff Rudd, Callum, Errol Green & Simon McMaster

300 capacity venue, newly fitted sprung wooden dancefloor, busy record bar, cheap drinks, large private carpark

And as you would expect... 100% Hard Hittin' Northern Soul

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more Please come give us your support at this fantastic new venue, hope to see you there :P Simon & Amie

Edited by Simon McMaster
  • Replies 59
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Event Title: ***The New*** BARNSLEY ALLNIGHTER @ Birdwell Venue Event Author: Simon McMaster Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders Event Date: Sat 14 August 2010 ------------------------------------------------- The Stormin' Soul Club proudly presents...

The New Barnsley Allnighter @ Birdwell Venue, S70 5UY Saturday 14th August 2010 10pm 'til 6am, £10otd With top djs - Roger Banks, Andy Dyson, Karl Heard, Dave Rivers, Geoff Rudd, Callum, Errol Green & Simon McMaster 300 capacity venue, newly fitted sprung wooden dancefloor, busy record bar, cheap drinks, large private carpark And as you would expect... 100% Hard Hittin' Northern Soul

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

where in birdwell is it simon cheers Yocky

Just thought I'd give a few details for directions as I have had a few people ask:

The Birdwell Venue (formerly known as the Birdwell Club),

Sheffield Road,

Birdwell,

Barnsley.

S70 5UY

Birdwell Venue is less than half a mile from junction 36 (Barnsley South) on the M1. Follow the A61, heading into Barnsley. This is the main road through Birdwell and the venue is on the left hand side just past the Zebra-crossing and before the Shell garage.

It has a sign on the main road like this so you shouldn't miss it!

venue_new.png

It has a large private carpark at the rear of the building so make sure you turn in here rather than park on the main road.

As usual feel free to contact me on my mobile 07811 228733 :lol:

Looking forward to making the trip over from 'SKEGGY' for this..........Can we reserve a record sales table please ?

All the Best

Dave & Donna.

Hi Dave, will save you a table no problem mate. :rolleyes:

Already looking like a busy night with a busy record bar so if anyone wants a table give me a shout thumbsup.gif

Heyup Dekka, yeah hope to see the South Yorkshire Soul Searchers in full attendance for he region's Number 1 Allnighter. It's gonna be a mental night :ph34r:

Hi Dave, will save you a table no problem mate. rolleyes.gif

Already looking like a busy night with a busy record bar so if anyone wants a table give me a shout thumbsup.gif

Heyup Dekka, yeah hope to see the South Yorkshire Soul Searchers in full attendance for he region's Number 1 Allnighter. It's gonna be a mental night ph34r.gif

Cheers Simon.

Cheers Simon.

Really looking forward this night some top draw dj's on who are sure to get the place rocking. I'm excited aboout it being the first night at a new venue also getting a chance to spin a few tunes in a mian room will make a nice change. Just looking to add a few tunes into my collection before the night!

Should be a 'STORMIN' night thumbsup.gif

Callum

Really looking forward this night some top draw dj's on who are sure to get the place rocking. I'm excited aboout it being the first night at a new venue also getting a chance to spin a few tunes in a mian room will make a nice change. Just looking to add a few tunes into my collection before the night!

Should be a 'STORMIN' night :rolleyes:

Callum

I can't wait either Callum, like you said there are some TOP TOP DJs on show - each bringing something a little different but ALL guaranteed to get the place rockin :thumbsup:

All in a new venue too, should be one of the biggest nights this year

The New Barnsley Allnighter @

Birdwell Venue, Sheffield Road, Birdwell, S70 5UY

Saturday 14th August 2010

10pm 'til 6am, £10 otd

With top djs - Roger Banks, Andy Dyson, Karl Heard, Dave Rivers, Geoff Rudd, Callum, Errol Green & Simon McMaster

300 capacity venue, newly fitted sprung wooden dancefloor, busy record bar, cheap drinks, large private carpark

And as you would expect... 100% Hard Hittin' Northern Soul

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more Please come give us your support at this fantastic new venue, hope to see you there :hatsoff2: Simon & Amie

hi si and amie looking forward to this one,coming up from newark this time is there a before meet up or bar in club open before 10....

Simon,

Is the Travellers,still open just down the road from the venue?

Kev.

No the Travellers has shut down now Kev...

There will be a bar open in a seperate area of the venue prior to to the event starting for those who like a pre-nighter pint and meet up though :thumbsup:

Or, there is quite a nice pub called the Button Mill which is about half a mile further down from the Venue if you'd rather meet in a different pub. It is a bit far to walk though...

No the Travellers has shut down now Kev...

There will be a bar open in a seperate area of the venue prior to to the event starting for those who like a pre-nighter pint and meet up though :thumbsup:

Or, there is quite a nice pub called the Button Mill which is about half a mile further down from the Venue if you'd rather meet in a different pub. It is a bit far to walk though...

si the nearest pub in the village would be the cock inn at the very end of chapel street,past the travs....about 5,10 mins walk...or 2 in car.....

Guest karen b

Hi Simon,

your new nighter could not have been timed better for our weekend plans.smile.gif

We have got Marc Forrest (Hip City, Berlin) and his girlfriend Carina staying at ours and after Boomerang what

better way to finish the night than dancing till dawnthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Karen xxx (and Pete)

Edited by karen b

si the nearest pub in the village would be the cock inn at the very end of chapel street,past the travs....about 5,10 mins walk...or 2 in car.....

Is that the road that turns off by the Travellers? I'll drop in and have a word with the as I'm over that way on Saturday - it sounds good!

Hi Simon,

your new nighter could not have been timed better for our weekend plans.smile.gif

We have got Marc Forrest and his girlfriend Carina staying at ours and after Boomerang what

better way to finish the night than dancing till dawnthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Karen xxx (and Pete)

Hi Karen,

Sounds like a plan to me! Monster Weekend!! ph34r.gifsweatingbullets.gifbiggrin.gif

See you then,

Si

Edited by Simon McMaster

looking good this simon looking forward to it just need to sort a lift out . think im gonna book the monday off too!

Think there's loads comin' over from Manchester Maxwell- Might be worth looking into a mini-bus or something - I'd think we'll definitely fill a smallish one and it'd be a reyt laugh biggrin.gif

yes si its in a bit of a dip at the bottom of ,the walk. overlooking motorway.

I did hear that the landlady of the Cock Inn has recently bought the Travelers and is in the process of doing it up !

But have no idea if this will be finished before the first nighter.

I did hear that the landlady of the Cock Inn has recently bought the Travelers and is in the process of doing it up !

But have no idea if this will be finished before the first nighter.

This is true, been past today and there is scaffolding all around it and a big sign saying open on 6 August!

New warm-up venue sorted then - and only a 2 min walk from the nighter! :hatsoff2:

Guest Little Queenie

You know what!! I can't bloody wait for the 14th!!!!!!! thumbsup.giflaugh.gifyes.gif

I've been well excited since we booked it, but after going out last few months and talking to people, I know its going to be mint!

We've got our Stormin' Soul Djs, with something different to add into the mix with Callum smile.gif

And for all of our Stormin' Soul dancers- you're gonna be well pleased with the new dancefloor thumbsup.gif

So come on, get everyone down to Barnsley for another STORMIN' PARTY hypo.gif

Hi Simon,

We have got Marc Forrest (Hip City, Berlin) and his girlfriend Carina staying at ours and after Boomerang what

Karen xxx (and Pete)

sounds like a plan...a bloody great plan :D

Was at the venue last weekend to have a trial run with the sound and layout etc and it's official... I can't bloody wait!! biggrin.gif

Suggested pre-nighter venue is the newly refurbished Travellers Inn - only a two minute walk from the venue.

Or if you prefer a northern soul event then there is also the Kingstone Club soul night on in Barnsley which is only a few miles away.

For those thinking of staying over there is a brand new Premier Inn just opened in Barnsley town centre which is meant to be very nice and good value yes.gif Or there is an older one at Tankersley which is about the same distance away but in the opposite direction...

DJ times to be posted in the next day or two.

See you all in 4 days!

hatsoff2.gif Si & Amie

Mark,(Webby)

I know you will be snooping about,Jon,will not be coming with us he has been told he is going to a wedding,Jon will be dancing to Aga do and come on Irene.poor,poor Jon.:tumbleweed3:

I said I will ring him and tell him what a good night we've had,as I know Barnsley is his favourite nighter. :hatsoff2:

Kev.

Edited by good angel
Guest Little Queenie

hey kev,

haha a wedding, unlucky!

u and webby will have to dance more to make up for him :yes: :yes:

Looking forward to seeing you all for a bit of banter

Amie xxxx

Mark,(Webby)

I know you will be snooping about,Jon,will not be coming with us he has been told he is going to a wedding,Jon will be dancing to Aga do and come on Irene.poor,poor Jon.:thumbsup:

I said I will ring him and tell him what a good night we've had,as I know Barnsley is his favourite nighter. :yes:

Kev.

Guest stevie t

hey kev,

haha a wedding, unlucky!

u and webby will have to dance more to make up for him :):lol:

Looking forward to seeing you all for a bit of banter

Amie xxxx

see you guys there , no fecking about this time :lol: x

Really up for this now, from the looks of things it's going to be a busy first night at the new venue which is great! I've been on a staff training course all week so I'm ready to let off some steam!!!

Looking forward to playing my new mexican record that sounds like 'Wade in the Water' gone crazy, it'll sound amazing over a loud system, it's definitely one for the dancers :thumbsup:

See you all tomorrow night

Callum

Edited by callum_64

Right - 24 hours and counting... :wicked:

Just been sorting the DJ times and I thought to myself... 'F*k me Simon - How good is this line-up!?' :swoon:

Be sure to get their early 'cos you won't want to miss any of this

10:00 - Errol Green

11:00 - Roger 'Birthday Boy' Banks

12:00 - Callum

01:00 - Karl Heard

02:00 - The 'Ruddster'

03:00 - Andy Dyson

04:00 - Dave Rivers

05:00 - Simon McMaster

shades See you at the go-go

Source Advert