Paypal Money Laundering

Has anybody else received this message ? I wouldn't mind but I rarely sell anything & if I do it's normally between 20 - 100 ish quid. Today I received a fair bit more but it's one transaction & only the second through paypal of any

value in 2/3 months !!!

You May Receive a Call from PayPal Customer Service

pixel.gifpixel.gifA customer service representative may contact you by phone to request some additional information about your account.

To continue using PayPal's service without interruption, you will need to answer a few questions about your account and you may be asked to complete a short series of steps on the PayPal website. The purpose of this is to verify your identity and business information, as applicable.

PayPal has a legal obligation under EU anti-money laundering laws to collect and verify information from customers who have received a significant amount of money in payments over the lifetime of their account.

Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Has anybody else received this message ? I wouldn't mind but I rarely sell anything & if I do it's normally between 20 - 100 ish quid. Today I received a fair bit more but it's one transaction & only the second through paypal of any

value in 2/3 months !!!

pixel.gifpixel.gifA customer service representative may contact you by phone to request some additional information about your account.

To continue using PayPal's service without interruption, you will need to answer a few questions about your account and you may be asked to complete a short series of steps on the PayPal website. The purpose of this is to verify your identity and business information, as applicable.

PayPal has a legal obligation under EU anti-money laundering laws to collect and verify information from customers who have received a significant amount of money in payments over the lifetime of their account.

Was the message via e-mail?

Check your Paypal account and see if the message is in there.

Social source share

value in 2/3 months !!!

I once had to do this with paypal. I did not follow any links on the net . I went to my account to ensure there was no cloaking etc, never give anybody any info over the phone.

Rob

Social source share

Guest southpaw

value in 2/3 months !!!

Paypal dont contact you by phone do they seems a bit iffy, if you do get a call dont give out any details mate

Social source share

so many sams around, i would be very very careful as to who i gave information.. thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif I totally agree with that. In fact Dave, I would and have outright refused to give any details to someone on the end of a phone. As Paypal already have details of your account and details of any transactions you have made what more could be gained from a phone call?

Treat it with suspicion mate and forward it to spoof@paypal.com . They should eventually reply informing you if it was a bogus phishing attempt to obtain your details. Even if it wasn't, I still wouldn't provide details over the phone.

P.S. I have your phone number. A mate will call soon pretending to be from Paypal in order to obtain your bank & credit card details - 'cos I'm skint and I know you're loaded. whistling

Now you have good reason not to respond! :laugh:

- Kev.

Social source share

thumbsup.gif I totally agree with that. In fact Dave, I would and have outright refused to give any details to someone on the end of a phone. As Paypal already have details of your account and details of any transactions you have made what more could be gained from a phone call?

Treat it with suspicion mate and forward it to spoof@paypal.com . They should eventually reply informing you if it was a bogus phishing attempt to obtain your details. Even if it wasn't, I still wouldn't provide details over the phone.

P.S. I have your phone number. A mate will call soon pretending to be from Paypal in order to obtain your bank & credit card details - 'cos I'm skint and I know you're loaded. whistling

Now you have good reason not to respond! :laugh:

- Kev.

Ha I believe that this is a bogus Kev Kent because the real one knows that I'm a firkin pauper. How you doing mate :hatsoff2:

Seriously thanks for all advice, I am very careful & certainly wouldn't do anything over the phone. I received an email the other day advising Account Access Violated‏ asking me to confirm account details.I sent details to paypal & a couple of days later received an email from paypal.feedback@echosurvey.com with the message "On 06/15/2010 I replied to the email message you sent regarding your PayPal account. As part of PayPal's commitment to excellence, I want to make sure I met your needs in my response. Would you please take a minute to answer a few questions to let me know how I did?" Funnily enough I hadn't received a reply from paypal & I certainly wasn't going to click on a link from a survey company or a possible scammer.

I think in future I'll ask for all payments to be sent cash in an envelope........seems safer somehow :ph34r:

Social source share

Guest southpaw

Quite legitimate.

If you have transacted over a certain amount then they have to do this by law.

Phil

Thought you had to have a premier account after you've transacted so much, or do you mean if you move so much in one transactionthumbsup.gif

Social source share

this sounds legit I had to do something like this once a certain amount of cash had come in over a certain amount of time.

as part of the same thing you may be asked to link your bank accounht to paypal whic is useful as you would no longer get charged for moving out less than 50 quid.

go direct via paypal website not any dodgy lokinng links in e-mails thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Ha I believe that this is a bogus Kev Kent because the real one knows that I'm a firkin pauper. How you doing mate :hatsoff2:

Seriously thanks for all advice, I am very careful & certainly wouldn't do anything over the phone. I received an email the other day advising Account Access Violated‏ asking me to confirm account details.I sent details to paypal & a couple of days later received an email from paypal.feedback@echosurvey.com with the message "On 06/15/2010 I replied to the email message you sent regarding your PayPal account. As part of PayPal's commitment to excellence, I want to make sure I met your needs in my response. Would you please take a minute to answer a few questions to let me know how I did?" Funnily enough I hadn't received a reply from paypal & I certainly wasn't going to click on a link from a survey company or a possible scammer.

I think in future I'll ask for all payments to be sent cash in an envelope........seems safer somehow :ph34r:

Did you click the link in the e-mail to send your details? If so then near 100% scam

If Paypal need to tell you anything the message should be in your account.

Social source share

Guest john s

Paypal certainly do contact you by phone, happened to me when I set up a new (business) account.

At no point did the caller ask for any bank details, just questions about my business - what was it that I was selling, did I have a 'physical' business as well as an online one, and so on...

Social source share

Did you click the link in the e-mail to send your details? If so then near 100% scam

If Paypal need to tell you anything the message should be in your account.

Ah no sorry, when I said that i sent paypal the details I meant details of the email re account violation which I thought was dodgy not my details.

I checked my paypal account & there was no message re that mail though it did mention the money laundering thing though to be honest I was only interested in withdrawing the money that had been paid in. I'll go back to it later for fuller details.

Again thanks for all advice thumbsup.gif

Dave

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Was the message via e-mail?

Check your Paypal account and see if the message is in there.

when this happens don,t open mail forward to ( spoof@ paypal.com ) or spoof@ company name .com. this tracks em down

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

I had this message by email too. I logged onto my PayPal account and it was legit. I believe it is connected with transactions that go above a certain amount for tax purposes and bank account varification.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert