Sandra Richardson - Stay Here With Me

Sandra Richardson - Stay Here With Me (Inter/Soul 103)

Cracking record from 1974 thumbsup.gif

There were several colour variation of the issue (as well as a WDJ)

Anyone confirm which variation came first please and whether there are other variations apart from those listed below?

Thought the green issue came first and so I am guessing this is the order of release ...

Dark green issue with silver print

Dark red issue with silver print

Orange issue with black print

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

"Stay with me" was a popular record in Detroit and the reason the labels are different colours is as they sold out of a batch they then pressed another and just went with what colour the plant was using that day.

Sandra latter recorded as Sandra Feva and then Sandra Feva Dance.

When I interviewed her a few years back she about to be ordained as a Minister.

Dave W

Social source share

Guest Perception

Sandra Richardson - Stay Here With Me (Inter/Soul 103)

Cracking record from 1974 thumbsup.gif

There were several colour variation of the issue (as well as a WDJ)

Anyone confirm which variation came first please and whether there are other variations apart from those listed below?

Thought the green issue came first and so I am guessing this is the order of release ...

Dark green issue with silver print

Dark red issue with silver print

Orange issue with black print

Cheers

Richard

SOUL-O-SONIC was a sister label to Inter-Soul.

Carol Anderson "Tomorrow Is Not A Promise/We've Had enough" was released on a dark green Soul-O-Sonic then reissued using the next release number on a dark Red label.

They look very similar to your Inter-soul pictures. So they must have been using the same different coloured labels for various releases.

Social source share

Pretty sure I'm right in saying green and orange were pressed at pretty much same time and red labels afterwards. Seems large percentage of green label copies have the labels reversed. White demo is very hard.

Social source share

Pretty sure I'm right in saying green and orange were pressed at pretty much same time and red labels afterwards. Seems large percentage of green label copies have the labels reversed. White demo is very hard.

Sounds about right thumbsup.gif

I have been very reliably informed from another source that the definite order was:

First - green

Second - orange

Third - red

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Guest Dante

There's also a white label issue, NOT white demo.

Am I correct in saying the LP is harder to find than the 45? What year did it came out?

post-5496-12769768814862_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Won a wdj on the bay of this,when it arrived it was orange.Apparently the image was not a true color.White came out as orange.g.gif .Never mind,life's too short and all that.

Mecca sound.

Social source share

Won a wdj on the bay of this,when it arrived it was orange.Apparently the image was not a true color.White came out as orange.g.gif .Never mind,life's too short and all that.

Mecca sound.

Indeed a great record.....can't knock The Mecca if they were playing stuff of this quality.I have a few copies of this.It was a staple Richard Domar soul pack filler a one point along with Thats Not Half Bad,Ann Hodge,Ernie Marbray,Clarence Reid,Contenders (loads of these must have turned up at one point in the eighties) and Walkin By-Boss 4.Domar was a right grumpy sod and had strict times when you could ring him.Great soul packs though........

Social source share

yes mine [green] is reversed,also its the one out of Mr Levine and Curtis shared box from and played at the Blackpool Mecca.

still with the written white card sleeve.little bit of soul History. :hatsoff2:

and no I did not nick it .

kev

Social source share

Indeed a great record.....can't knock The Mecca if they were playing stuff of this quality.I have a few copies of this.It was a staple Richard Domar soul pack filler a one point along with Thats Not Half Bad,Ann Hodge,Ernie Marbray,Clarence Reid,Contenders (loads of these must have turned up at one point in the eighties) and Walkin By-Boss 4.Domar was a right grumpy sod and had strict times when you could ring him.Great soul packs though........

Indeed it was a Mecca spin.

You said R. Domar was a right grumpy sod, he's not dead is he?

He is or was a very strange cookie.

Dave.

Edited by davetay
Social source share

Indeed it was a Mecca spin.

You said R. Domar was a right grumpy sod, he's not dead is he?

He is or was a very strange cookie.

Dave.

Not dead he's still selling on the net..just stick his name in.Massive list of originals.Think he got into comics as well.Wish I had ordered a few more of his soul packs at the time.He couldn't give the Contenders or Boss 4 away all minters.....got my fare share of Ric Tics though and that record on the red/blue label Together We Shall Overcome .... r Used to ring up soul bowl as soon as the lists came....sorry mate it's gone.Never mind there's Domar.Ring him up.Why are you ringing me now ring me after ....pm.Used to get tapes off Guy Hennigan as well with track lists on his soultown fliers.I say track listings...the first line of the song.I've still tapes of stuff that I still have never found out what the tracks are.Sorry mate it's gone....thank god for the net and ebay.Used to buy loads of UK stuff from Pat Brady and a geordie bloke at Newcastle Tiffanies niters....don't know if my memorys playing tricks but I'm sure i bought records off a transvestite record dealer as well at allnighters.Do dealers still do soul packs???big cardboard boxes of 100/150 records.

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

Not dead he's still selling on the net..just stick his name in.Massive list of originals.Think he got into comics as well.Wish I had ordered a few more of his soul packs at the time.He couldn't give the Contenders or Boss 4 away all minters.Used to ring up soul bowl as soon as the lists came....sorry mate it's gone.Never mind there's Domar.Ring him up.Why are you ringing me now ring me after ....pm.Used to get tapes off Guy Hennigan as well with track lists on his soultown fliers.I say track listings...the first line of the song.I've still tapes of stuff that I still have never found out what the tracks are.Sorry mate it's gone....thank god for the net and ebay.Used to buy loads of UK stuff from Pat Brady and a geordie bloke at Newcastle Tiffanies niters....don't know if my memorys playing tricks but I'm sure i bought records off a transvestite record dealer as well at allnighters.Do dealers still do soul packs???big cardboard boxes of 100/150 records.

No mate you did not imagine it Rob the stick who became Robeina (spelling ?) did indeed sell at all-nighters etc.

I think Tim Brown still sells soul packs.

Dave.

Social source share

• 6 months later...

Are all the labels variations low on recording?

I have the green issue and the orange/black one

I can check if it helps but I think both of mine are quiet recording levels to be honest

Not sure it's as bad as it might otherwise appear though because the instrumentation at the start of the track is naturally quite quiet and just builds slowly - so it contrasts sharply with stomping 60s stuff.

Just need to turn the volume up to 11 laugh.gifyes.gif

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

I have the green issue and the orange/black one

I can check if it helps but I think both of mine are quiet recording levels to be honest

Not sure it's as bad as it might otherwise appear though because the instrumentation at the start of the track is naturally quite quiet and just builds slowly - so it contrasts sharply with stomping 60s stuff.

Just need to turn the volume up to 11 laugh.gifyes.gif

Cheers

Richard

Ok thanks guys, will just pump it up then number 11 it islaugh.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!