Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Shazbad

Hi Dolly.

Tim Brown has got one up for auction at the moment. Ends 25th June thumbsup.gif

Edited by Shazbad
Social source share

• 1 month later...

i think mr Indiana45s knows what ballpark we are talking kiddos - i remember being offered one fro £1k (or was it £700) in a pub in Bournemouth about 6 or 7 years ago. i don't think its gone up too much - i always wish i'd bought it, but wouldn't buy it now, it doesn't excite me enough (unless it was off Ted for a Ton LOL)

Social source share

i think mr Indiana45s knows what ballpark we are talking kiddos - i remember being offered one fro £1k (or was it £700) in a pub in Bournemouth about 6 or 7 years ago. i don't think its gone up too much - i always wish i'd bought it, but wouldn't buy it now, it doesn't excite me enough (unless it was off Ted for a Ton LOL)

£700 cheap. I remember when the little clutch of them turned up they were selling between £1k and £1.5 if I remember rightly. No more since except maybe the odd one. I know someone who was offering £2.5k and didn't get one. Trouble was the majority of them went to DJ's and you heard it everywhere and got a little hammered play wise.

Social source share

£700 cheap. I remember when the little clutch of them turned up they were selling between £1k and £1.5 if I remember rightly. No more since except maybe the odd one. I know someone who was offering £2.5k and didn't get one. Trouble was the majority of them went to DJ's and you heard it everywhere and got a little hammered play wise.

yeah it may have been £1k mate (which is why i always wish i'd gone for it) - But deffo right on the last bit; one of those rare in numbers 45's that got hammered

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

its a rare record mate, know of a couple going for more and would probably fetch more now.

how many copies turned up and are out there Chalky any idea roughly ?? i didnt think it was that rare and not a 2.5k rare tune (numbers wise but probably wrong again) but being such a great infectious dancer makes it such a must have which obviously creates the big price tag.

i love it and wouldnt mind a copy myself biggrin.gif

Social source share

I was offered over that (probably by the same guy; well his wife actually). In terms of it being hammered when it was at it's height I was playing it to people that had never heard it before ohmy.gif. Some people go to the same places to hear the same tunes all the time. Needless to say it wasn't their cup of tea. :yes:

Social source share

I was offered over that (probably by the same guy; well his wife actually). In terms of it being hammered when it was at it's height I was playing it to people that had never heard it before ohmy.gif. Some people go to the same places to hear the same tunes all the time. Needless to say it wasn't their cup of tea. :yes:

Might be more to do with the fact it was booted on a dodgy white label and hammered at the venues that don't care too much about original vinyl!

I recall being told by a member on here who was dj'n at a well known venue,the guy on before him played the dodgy boot which didn't go down well as he had an original and planned on giving it I spin.

Social source share

Might be more to do with the fact it was booted on a dodgy white label and hammered at the venues that don't care too much about original vinyl!

I recall being told by a member on here who was dj'n at a well known venue,the guy on before him played the dodgy boot which didn't go down well as he had an original and planned on giving it I spin.

I don't remember the boot being about when the little clutch turned up but I heard the record everywhere back then and I went up and down the country Friday and Saturday then, every copy of those that did turn up in the hands of the popular dj's of the day and some up and coming so ity was played everywhere practically.

Social source share

how many copies turned up and are out there Chalky any idea roughly ?? i didnt think it was that rare and not a 2.5k rare tune (numbers wise but probably wrong again) but being such a great infectious dancer makes it such a must have which obviously creates the big price tag.

i love it and wouldnt mind a copy myself biggrin.gif

I think it was 25 and the count was split between three dealers if I remember rightly. Plus the odd copy or two that was already in collections etc. So still a very rare record when everything considered. Would be very surprised if this didn't sell for in the region of £2k plus, especially when you see the price paid for some records that are no where near as rare.

Social source share

If you are talking about the Austrian (Soul Mafia) Bootleg, that was done 2002/3. I still remember going mad at the guy when he while visiting the Hip City told me he was going to boot said record. I was offered a Hamilton Movement last year for over 2K which was why I declined although I agree its a fantastic Soul record and I still love it. But yes, definitely hammered to death me thinks.

Marc

Social source share

Source Advert