Blue Max Funeral Details

On Saturday night at the Benn Hall i was asked on numerous occasions about the details regarding Max's funeral so for all that asked here you are.

The funeral will be held at St Johns church Wolverhampton road (B4156) Essington on Wednesday 23rd June at 1pm, all friends are welcome, to be followed by a private ceremony at Bushbury Crematorium. The wake (never liked this term) celebration of Max's life will be held at the stables, Brookfield's after the church ceremony. See you all there to give Max the send off he so rightly deserves.

Ken & Claudette

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Mick- If you could tender our apologies. Sadly I cannot make it tomorrow.

Goldsoul have sent a wreath.

Regards, Kev

Unfortunately I cannot attend , but I will be there in spirit .

God bless you Max .

Malc

Social source share

A fantastic turn out to say goodbye to Max today. Church was full, more outside listening to the service over the p.a., and a beautiful day for it too.

There's a celebration going on right now and lasting all day, sadly I'm now at home babysitting but good luck for the rest of the day everyone.

post-1893-012641500 1277299444_thumb.jpg

post-1893-012641500 1277299444_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Yes what a SUPER TURNOUT out for Max:thumbsup:

People i aint seen for years were there!

Must have missed ya Pete mind you it was rammed!!

A lovely service from the vicar we were outside and it was relayed over speakers on this Beautiful Summers Day

So glad to have been there for ya Max,, have a good rest now bro RIP

Good Bless

Nige B

post-1851-053556600 1277304024_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Yes what a SUPER TURNOUT out for Max:thumbsup:

People i aint seen for years were there!

Must have missed ya Pete mind you it was rammed!!

A lovely service from the vicar we were outside and it was relayed over speakers on this Beautiful Summers Day

So glad to have been there for ya Max,, have a good rest now bro RIP

Good Bless

Nige B

Was standing with Dave Kilworth over to the lft if you look at the doors mate. If you were over on the right, I saw you. Or someone who looked like you :-)

Social source share

Was standing with Dave Kilworth over to the lft if you look at the doors mate. If you were over on the right, I saw you. Or someone who looked like you :-)

A cracking turnout and a beautiful day to say goodbye to Max. A packer to say the least ( it was always going to be), a big church full and a massive overspill on the grounds outside the church, with a very nice, well presented ceremony piped through to all of us outside. Too many faces there to mention but Max would have been proud at the turnout. I had to laugh at the Wolves display on the back of the coffin, although I was hoping that his coffin would have been a big version of one of the many record boxes that I have bought from him from his shop. RIP fella.

Jordi

Social source share

I missed you as well Pete - would have been nice to see you also missed you Jordi likewise

Great turnout and if you can say so, a grand day

Where have all the flowers gone - THE tune to remember the man by

God bless Max

Social source share

:lol: Hi all ..so many people from my early days in wolves 72, when we first come up to Wolves, I was surprised not to see Pep & Halem??? whats happen there!??. also did Frankie Baggot and Kevin Make it in the end, Nice to See all the old in crowd especially Smokey and Dave Turner, thanks for Scotty for the lift, and Pete Smith for the lift home.

RIP MAX And to all the Wolverhampton crowd you done the man proud, Wekk Done.. :thumbsup: DAVE KILWORTH

Social source share

Guest sandi

What a lovely ceremony for Max, altough it was a sad occassion the feelings of everyone in attendance made it that more bareable. The sadness did'nt overshadow the love and respect we all had for Max. The day was perfect with the sun blazing , Shute said to me as we stood outside the church after the service had ended " It's only fitting the it's a lovely sunny day for Max, because Max was a sunny character a smile for everyone" spot on shute my old mucka.

God keep you safe and rest in peace Max.

Sandi x

Social source share

What a lovely ceremony for Max, altough it was a sad occassion the feelings of everyone in attendance made it that more bareable. The sadness did'nt overshadow the love and respect we all had for Max. The day was perfect with the sun blazing , Shute said to me as we stood outside the church after the service had ended " It's only fitting the it's a lovely sunny day for Max, because Max was a sunny character a smile for everyone" spot on shute my old mucka.

God keep you safe and rest in peace Max.

Sandi x

Cant really add anything to that Sandi well said

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert