Soul At Stamford 25Th June 2010

Guest smudgesmith

Guest smudgesmith

Like many venues of late attendances are affected for various reasons,weather,other venues etc.

Stamford fell victim to some or all of these situations last night.But eh oh the promoters refunded those 20/30 people that attended giving them a free night.The DJ,s gladly refused any fee,everyones happy.

Not the makings of a good night,although the music was up to the usual standard and I would like to think those few people that did attend enjoyed the night.

I read religiously the revues of other venues up and down the country and i feel that sometimes the writer was not at the same venue as the punter using comments like stonking night,best we have had,packed to the rafters,when clearly it wasnt.

Just to add this is an OVO venue.

Ta Smudge

• Replies 7
  • Views 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Like many venues of late attendances are affected for various reasons,weather,other venues etc.

Stamford fell victim to some or all of these situations last night.But eh oh the promoters refunded those 20/30 people that attended giving them a free night.The DJ,s gladly refused any fee,everyones happy.

Not the makings of a good night,although the music was up to the usual standard and I would like to think those few people that did attend enjoyed the night.

I read religiously the revues of other venues up and down the country and i feel that sometimes the writer was not at the same venue as the punter using comments like stonking night,best we have had,packed to the rafters,when clearly it wasnt.

Just to add this is an OVO venue.

Ta Smudge

Totally agree Smudge, i sometimes p***s myself reading lookbacks to some events iv`e attended or mates have reported back on.

Stamford was dissapointing attendance wise, but the Music Policy is always good and as you say has been OVO for a few years now. Onwards and upwards :boxing:

For those that did not attend last night - it was a packer, every DJ rammed the floor with brilliant set after brilliant set, nice to meet up with hundreds of old soulies i ain`t seen for years - Blah, Blah, Blah - who gives a f**k what label its on as long as the packed dancefloor love it

LOL laugh.gif:D:yes:

PS: had two copies of The Antellects - Love Slave - Flodavieur 804 up for grabs but no takers :yes:

(Not really just in case anyone PM`s me for one)

Guest skipstuart

The strange thing about Stamford Smudge, is despite the blip, it will bounce back ..... it always does :thumbsup:

Hi MIck thanks for the call mate:

As the boys stated numbers were down were we bothered were we f@@K.

Do we need top branded dj's Do we f@@k .

Was the music as top notch as usual F@@king Right.

Were the small amount of customers happy who attended F@@king well were.

Smudge shit himself on stage, I split my piss bag, & Steve didn't give a F@@k.

At the end of the night we were F@@ked off as we had to go home:

P.S. Thank you for the loan of your trousers Arkwright....skip. smudge.

Edited by skipstuart
Guest Dave Turner

Was looking forward to Newage club all week and as Friday evening approached I could hardly contain my excitement.

Approaching from the car park we could see it was going to be a packer with quite a few outside trying to squeeze past the Martin the doorman bellowing "STOP fookin' pushing at the back".

Having survived the crush to get in I could feel the hairs tingling on me neck as I ran up those stairs with The Tomangoes getting louder and louder and louder. Through those legendary double doors and WHAM, the heat, the atmosphere and the smell. Quickly whilst dealing in some dodgy handshakes I handed my fiver over to Mrs Betts and proceedly swiftly as I could to the already overcrowded bar for some liquid nectar.

Gutted to hear that 'boro stalwart Paul "The Don" Donnelly couldn't make it due to a dose of the craps. However there was a great 'boro crowd in, although there were a couple of dodgy looking blokes in short trousers who annoyingly kept shouting "Right On" and "Keep the Faith"

A never to be forgotten night which will go down in Stamford soul history.

You just had to be there.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Dave Turner