Lyric Search

I've been a Northern Soul fan for 30 odd years now, and still some lyrics escape me and I find I make my own up as I go along...and most of the time they don't even make any sense at all (but don't we all do that?). I've searched the web for a site that might have some of these lyrics (songs such as Barbara Mills' "Queen Of Fools", Jerry Williams "If You Ask (Me Because I Love You)"). I have been onto a lot of lyric search sites, but none of the one's I have checked out have these songs listed....anyone help me?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mick Fitz who run's another list and web site was working on a site for lyrics, it's not ready to be launched yet though, but when it is I will mail up here and let you know where to find it.

My best lyrical mistake was "she's wanted with green steaks"

:-)))))

Social source share

Mick Fitz who run's another list and web site was working on a site for lyrics, it's not ready to be launched yet though, but when it is I will mail up here and let you know where to find it.

My best lyrical mistake was "she's wanted with green steaks"

:-)))))

Social source share

OKEH! Thanx Janine, I'll keep an eye out for that!...

Some years back I heard a feature on local radio where they told of lyrics that had been mistaken for other words, and Diana Ross & The Supremes' "Love Child" was featured...

The words "No child of mine'll be bearin, The name of shame I've been wearin" had been misheard as "No child of mine'll be bearin, The name of shame of Eddie Waring"

SEE!! we DO need a good soul lyric site! (",)

Social source share

When I was a kid, I used to think a lyric in "Saturday Night At The Movies" by the Drifters went "The chapati in the neighbourhood is dressing up to be there too..."!!

Or the lyric from "Do What You Gotta Do" by the Four Tops that sounds like; "I loved you better than your own kidney...."

Gene

Social source share

Whilst DJing I've been asked for such classics as 'Skinhead in the snow'; 'You've got VD' (Bobby Valentines Bad Breath in case your wondering); and my own fave 'I've got a car Load' which turned out to be 'Manifesto!!!!!!!' - ah, the joys of the soulful ear

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!