Select Soul At The Craythorne, Burton On Trent 9/7/2010

Well after a smashing night in May with Jumping Joan and Steve Phillis we are back again with another top quality guest line-up. As Jason is away on his hols we have 3 guests who are all capable of playing a wide variety of quality tunes to suit everyone.

Friday 9th July 2010

Select Soul

AT

The Craythorne Golf Club

Craythorne Road, Stretton

Burton on Trent DE13 0AZ

UNDERPLAYED FORGOTTEN AND RARE 60s and 70s SOULFUL GEMS

Guest DJ's: Chris Anderton - Dave Lucas - Mark Steadman

8:00pm - 1:00 am - Admission £4

Fantastic Venue-Wooden Dancefloor -Good Food Available - Large Car Park

Always loads of record sellers in attendance.

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Rhonda

ain't been for a while so will making an appearance :lol:thumbsup.gif

even if its just to annoy Mark :lol:

Hi Lou

Missed you last night at the Attic, hope you're feeling better.

Looking forward to Friday, cracking line up :thumbsup:

Go easy on the old man :D

Liz

x

Well after a smashing night in May with Jumping Joan and Steve Phillis we are back again with another top quality guest line-up. As Jason is away on his hols we have 3 guests who are all capable of playing a wide variety of quality tunes to suit everyone.

Friday 9th July 2010

Select Soul

AT

The Craythorne Golf Club

Burton on Trent DE13 0AZ

Would love to get along to this mark, keep proising, will see how i get on at the Hospital this afternoon.......

:lol:

[Hi Mark & Liz

The St ives soul bus will be up for yet another cracling night of quality sounds the standards of this venue put many other's to shame lokking forward to seeing you both after my 50th the other week , cant remember much had real bad head the following morning

see you friday :lol::thumbsup:

Would love to get along to this mark, keep proising, will see how i get on at the Hospital this afternoon.......

:lol:

Hi Kev

Hope the hospital appointment goes well. We'll be glad to see you when it's right for you mate.

If not Friday still hoping to make USOS.

See you soon

Mark

Looking forward to this one guys, first time i have Dj`d back in my home town for about 5 years or more. I`ll be playing a mixture of 60s and 70s crossover...but all very soulful...

If all goes to plan we will have a car full coming over and i`m picking Mr Lucas up on the way.

Any idea of DJ times Mark?

Cheers, Chris

Looking forward to this one guys, first time i have Dj`d back in my home town for about 5 years or more. I`ll be playing a mixture of 60s and 70s crossover...but all very soulful...

If all goes to plan we will have a car full coming over and i`m picking Mr Lucas up on the way.

Cheers, Chris

as much as i have been looking forward to friday the night just got a whole lot better with mr anderton playing taxi drivers this is only the 3rd time in the last 10 years or so

so now i,ll be able to sample that very nice pediree fine ale as well as the very nice pedigree of quality music that is always on offer at select soul.

see you all friday

regards

dave lucas

as much as i have been looking forward to friday the night just got a whole lot better with mr anderton playing taxi drivers this is only the 3rd time in the last 10 years or so

Just look at it as "care in the community"...taking a pensioner out for a few hours and dropping him back safe and sound!

Chris

[Hi Mark & Liz

The St ives soul bus will be up for yet another cracling night of quality sounds the standards of this venue put many other's to shame lokking forward to seeing you both after my 50th the other week , cant remember much had real bad head the following morning

see you friday :(:lol:

It's always good to see your enthusiastic crew Steve :lol: Enjoyed your party loads, first class music as expected :thumbsup:

Just look at it as "care in the community"...taking a pensioner out for a few hours and dropping him back safe and sound!

Chris

Are you bringing him in one of those community mini buses with a lift? Must say have never seen Mr Lucas drunk before, best have him on early before the pedigree kicks in :lol:

DJ times to follow later tonight.

Guest sharmo 1

Friday 9th July 2010

Select Soul

AT

The Craythorne Golf Club

Burton on Trent DE13 0AZ

Hi Mark and Liz hope you are both o.k I was going to the local ufoligist society meeting but have now contacted the chaiman and told him to enter my appoligy's to the minuts at the end.My talk on invisible alien satalites and thier variant orbits will have to wait until next month.Instead I'll get down to your gig and try and spot an alien or two in the crowd love , light and peace Simon Hunt (NO NANU NANU JOKES PLEASE).

It's always good to see your enthusiastic crew Steve :lol: Enjoyed your party loads, first class music as expected :ohmy:

Are you bringing him in one of those community mini buses with a lift? Must say have never seen Mr Lucas drunk before, best have him on early before the pedigree kicks in thumbup.gif

DJ times to follow later tonight.

err don,t you start encouraging that anderton bloke mark, you youngsters should remember what you were taught as youngsters

"respect your elders" oh and i,ve got to this age, the way you pair are going you two won,t

see you friday

dave lucas

err don,t you start encouraging that anderton bloke mark, you youngsters should remember what you were taught as youngsters

"respect your elders" oh and i,ve got to this age, the way you pair are going you two won,t

Get to bed!

I will bring you a cup of ovaltine up in a few minutes...and a chocolate hob nob is you promise to be a good boy!

Chris

Cheers, Chris

DJ times:

8 - 10 Mark

10 - 11 Dave Lucas

11 - 12 Chris Anderton

12 - 1 Mark Steadman

Quality tunes of all tempos from the 60s - 70s ( and beyond?) in a great venue with friendly crowd and enough record sellers to satisfy anyone.

It's gonna be another top night at The Craythorne :lol:

Mark

DJ times:

8 - 10 Mark

10 - 11 Dave Lucas

11 - 12 Chris Anderton

12 - 1 Mark Steadman

Quality tunes of all tempos from the 60s - 70s ( and beyond?) in a great venue with friendly crowd and enough record sellers to satisfy anyone.

It's gonna be another top night at The Craythorne :lol:

Mark

Looking forward to it Mark.

I`ll be bringing my sales boxes too!

Chris

JUST IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW CHRIS, THE ROOM IS AT THE TOP OF A FLIGHT OF STAIRS,SO YOU, AND OLD!! MR LUCAS BETTER HAVE AN EXTRA WHEETABIX TO CARRY THE BOXES UP.

Source Advert