Norma Jean on E Bay

Guest Johnny One Trout

Guest Johnny One Trout

Just spotted this on the Evil Bay and at first i thought that it was a perhaps a different record, but the noticed that it had the same flip as I've taken over so what is the score does anyone know is this a boot where they have the Title slightly wrong I'm taking over your love as opposed to I've taken over or was it issued twice under slightly different titles????

Follow this link for a looksee >>Norma Jean real or boot?<<

Any of you seventies buffs out there have any ideas???

John

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest cC B

Issued twice under slightly different titles, matey.

Same song - both originals. Wouldn't mind that

sellers copy of a certain Tommy Ridgley record :-0

Cheers,

Chris B

Social source share

What's the story with this record. I'd heard something along the lines of most of the stock getting destroyed in a fire and Senator Jones (the producer) not deeming the record worthy enough of a re press, hence it's rarity, although it would appear from your post Christian that there were 2 presses of it.

Jordi

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

So is Senator Jones, Ray Jones as in Ray J her duet partner on the wonderful 45 on the same label "This is our song of love" pulled off the same album which is as rare as hens teeth allegedly ;o))

John

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Just spotted this on the Evil Bay and at first i thought that it was a perhaps a different record, but the noticed that it had the same flip as I've taken over so what is the score does anyone know is this a boot where they have the Title slightly wrong I'm taking over your love as opposed to I've taken over  or was it issued twice under slightly different titles????

Follow this link for a looksee >>Norma Jean real or boot?<<

Any of you seventies buffs out there have any ideas???

John

Johnny, is this the same Norma Jean Bell of the 'I'm the baddest bitch' fame???

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Steve,

I'm pretty sure they are different Norma Jeans. I think although i'm not 100% on this that this NJ is Norma Jean Wright who later went on to record the disco classic "Saturday" which got a revamp as a house tune a few years back and was from Ohio. Norma Jean Bell only seems to have been around since the 90's and is a bit of an all rounder playing a lot of the instruments Sax, Keyboards etc and producing as well. I think she also did some work with George Clinton in the 90's, and i think she is a Detroit lass ;o))

John

John

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Steve,

I'm pretty sure they are different Norma Jeans. I think although i'm not 100% on this that this NJ is Norma Jean Wright who later went on to record the disco classic "Saturday" which got a revamp as a house tune a few years back and was from Ohio. Norma Jean Bell only seems to have been around since the 90's and is a bit of an all rounder playing a lot of the instruments Sax, Keyboards etc and producing as well. I think she also did some work with George Clinton in the 90's, and i think she is a Detroit lass ;o))

John

John

Thank you so much squire - you impress.

Social source share

"So is Senator Jones Ray Jones as in Ray J"

Extract taken from the sleeve notes of the forth comming New Orleans 70s CD (Grapevine)

" Norma Jean McDermott, cut two solo outings for Senator Jones' Hep'me

label:

Hep'me 107 Love is for the Young/No Competition

Hep'me 108 I've taken over (your love)/Teenage girl

Senator teamed her up on three 45 releases with Ray J - Raymond Jones a multi talented musician, performer and producer whos forte was the keyboards

Hep'me 110 Dreamboy Dreamgirl/ Everlasting love

Hep'me 114 This is our song of love parts 1 & 2

Hep'me 116 Raising Hell/Tell me you love me

Hope this helps! if you need anymore in depth info you'll have to buy the CD when its released;-)))))))

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Right so there was 3 bloody Norma Jeans!!!!!!! how confusing ;o))

Norma Jean McDermott

Norma Jean Wright &

Norma Jean Bell

now the are they all different layyydies or are they the same lass who got married a couple of times ;o))

Thanks Louise

John

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Talking of ladies getting married.

If Isla St Claire married Barry White, divorced him, and married Brian Ferry.

Would she be called Isla White Ferry??

I'll get me coat.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Norma Jean Bell

Johnny.. isn't this the house/garage lady who does some stuff with Moodyman and others?

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Yep that's the one Leo she's worked with Frank Zappa George Clinton done some stuff on the French F-Communications label and has her oqn Pandemonium label which is where she released Baddest Bitch a fantastic jazzy housey groover ;o))

John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!