2011-02-04: Gloucester Allnighter 2 Rooms

Event Title: GLOUCESTER ALLNIGHTER

Event Author: Mike E

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 04 February 2011

-------------------------------------------------

Guest DJ's in Room 1 are Nige Brown, Moldie, Dave Rimmer and Paul McKay and supported by the resident team of Sean Chapman, Des Parker, Pete Lyster, Leon Brown, Pete French and Mike Eskins.

Room 2 Johnny Beggs, Dave Abbott, Killa, Adam, Dr.Pickles, Des Parker and Mike Eskins.

9pm tp 6.00 am and £8 advance tickets or £10 pay on the door.

Further info www.riversidesoul.co.uk or 07739013616

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by Mike E
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 155
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just waiting for him to confirm, then will announce. Club given go ahead for this one and fingers crossed we get no idiots in or folk leaving empty vodka bottles on tables.

Mike

great news mike

drinks are cheap enuff at wooton hall...no need for drinks to be brought in.....plus with you now on the door numptys cant get in.....shit what am i gonna do now lololol

regards moldie

Guest Marcelle

Looking forward to this to ease myself into my birthday on the 5th!

Oh another Birthday for me to celebrate YEAHHHHHHHHHH ...... am hoping to get here so that will mean BEWARE "the girl is out to play" wink.gif:hatsoff2: xxx

Looking forward to this to ease myself into my birthday on the 5th!

Hey paul. nice to see ya again its been a while, and you share a birthday with lorraine

its gonna be a good one

see you there matey

wazz.

Guest Marcelle

Will be great to see you Marcelle and hoping to come up to Radcliffe the weekend before. Great start to 2011 :thumbsup:

Mike

Mike just read through posts & I know I maybe being thick here but the hotel that has been recommended is that near the venue or is that near a different venue & (lightweights that we are lol) .... when traveling I like to arrive early do a bit of shopping,:thumbup: have dinner & then get ready nice and slowly ...... then hit the dance floor :yes: xx

Mike just read through posts & I know I maybe being thick here but the hotel that has been recommended is that near the venue or is that near a different venue & (lightweights that we are lol) .... when traveling I like to arrive early do a bit of shopping,:D have dinner & then get ready nice and slowly ...... then hit the dance floor :D xx

Marcelle

The IBIs hotel is only minutes walk from the venue but the shops are in Town. Gloucester Quays is the place they tell me to shop. There is a Travel Lodge there where you can walk straight to the shops and get a taxi to the venue. Alternatively stay at the IBis and get a cab into Town. Nearby Cheltenham is a nice place to shop/visit too. Links below:

New Hotel opening 1st November only minutes walk away from the venue - https://www.ibishotel...tels-list.shtml

https://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=395

See you soon.

Regards

Mike

Dave Rimmer now added to the line up which is now finalised.

Mike

Hi Mike, Sounds like it will be yet another cracking nighter at Gloucester! we will be travelling up as usual from Torquay, :lol: ... think it will be the first nighter in 2011 for us! :lol: .... so will be feeling very soul starved by then for sure!!:thumbsup: best pack the ralgex!:lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Guest DJ's are Nige Brown, Moldie, Dave Rimmer and Paul McKay and supported by the resident team of Sean Chapman, Des Parker, Pete Lyster, Leon Brown, Pete French and Mike Eskins.

For those wishing for Accommodation the Gloucester Quays Trael Lodge was limited offer of Rooms at £29. The Ibis Hotel is only minutes walk from the venue.

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• 2 weeks later...

Guest DJ's in Room 1 are Nige Brown, Moldie, Dave Rimmer and Paul McKay and supported by the resident team of Sean Chapman, Des Parker, Pete Lyster, Leon Brown, Pete French and Mike Eskins.

Room 2 Johnny Beggs, Adam, Dr.Pickles, Des Parker and 2 more TBC.

Hot off the Press:

Due to a lot of interest and disappointment in some quarters we will be running a second room for this event. Hope that it will get the support I believe it deserves. Up to you people now and as the song says 'Use it or Lose it'.

DJ's confirmed so far: Johnny Beggs, Dr.Pickles,Adam, Des Parker and 2 more awainting confirmation. Des will post later with more details.

We will be having the record dealers in room 2 but will be having a different lay out so as to enhance the atmosphere in that room. Record dealers should book a table at the earliest opportunity as we will have limited space.

More later.

Mike

Edited by Mike E
Guest in town Mikey

Fingers crossed should be at this one after missing the last one.

Great to see Paul McKay DJing. Always plays some great stuff, and rarely fails to pull out a few surprises. Hopefully that will mean RBMan, Geoff and Dave will all be back again. You coming guys?

Fingers crossed should be at this one after missing the last one.

Great to see Paul McKay DJing. Always plays some great stuff, and rarely fails to pull out a few surprises. Hopefully that will mean RBMan, Geoff and Dave will all be back again. You coming guys?

Think Geoff and possibly Martin will be off to Boomerang Mikey. Look forward to seeing you mate.

Hot off the Press:

Due to a lot of interest and disappointment in some quarters we will be running a second room for this event. Hope that it will get the support I believe it deserves. Up to you people now and as the song says 'Use it or Lose it'.

DJ's confirmed so far: Johnny Beggs, Dr.Pickles,Adam, Des Parker and 2 more awainting confirmation. Des will post later with more details.

We will be having the record dealers in room 2 but will be having a different lay out so as to enhance the atmosphere in that room. Record dealers should book a table at the earliest opportunity as we will have limited space.

More later.

Mike

WOW that really seals the lid on what is shaping up to be a Fine Niter

I have to say i think Chris "D"r Pickles is one of the UKs most underated Rare Soul Soul DJs in the UK IMOP !

Heres to a Wonderful One!!

Nige B

Edited by Nige Brown
Guest Dr Pickles

WOW that really seals the lid on what is shaping up to be a Fine Niter

I have to say i think Chris "D"r Pickles is one of the UKs most underated Rare Soul Soul DJs in the UK IMOP !

Heres to a Wonderful One!!

Nige B

Nige

Just spat me tea out reading that.

Don't know what to say but .......Thanks.

Fantastic news about the Ton of Dynamite Room. explosion.gifexplosion.gif

Fresh, new, different, underplayed, resurrected, uptempo sounds to complement what's being played in the main room.

Can't wait.

ATB

Doc

Fantastic news about the Ton of Dynamite Room.

Fresh, new, different, underplayed, resurrected, uptempo sounds to complement what's being played in the main room.

Can't wait.

ATB

Doc

Hi Chris,

Totally agree about this being fantastic news and let's see if we can get the Dynamite Room busy, buzzing and banging. Fresh, new, different uptempo sounds you mentioned in your post is exactly the sort of thing I'll be playing during my stint behind the decks and no doubt be dancing to when I'm not DJ'ing :shhh:. Really looking forward to this, as I'm suffering from too much christmas laziness and a night of top sounds is ermm, umm...just what the Doctor ordered :g::huh:

A lot of people asked for this room to be re-opened and Mike and Des are putting in a lot of time and effort to put it on. All of us that wanted the Dynamite Room up and running again need to show that we appreciate Mike listening and giving it a chance by turning up and supporting it :D.

Adam.

PS Chris....Nige is right, you always play a great set whenever I see you DJ :no:

Really looking forward to this one....it's shaping up to be a great niter. Counting the days. Please keep 2 tickets on the door for me Mike.

All the best

Sallie and Rod

Will be good to see the 2 of you up here. Will leave 2 tickets for collection for you both.

Mike

Guest Dr Pickles

Hot off the Press:

More later.

Mike

Got anymore news on this Mike?

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles

Got anymore news on this Mike?

Doc

Hi Chris

Yes, we going to screen off the bar/carpeted area and use mainly the area where the dancefloor is. This I believe will enhance the atmosphere as its quite a large room for a 2nd room.

Line up now confirmed and Des will post the full line up later. I think its a fantastic one with some of the best DJ's at the cutting edge and will fit very well indeed with what we are trying to achieve musically (Ton of Dynamite) in Room 2.

Got to say that the main room has some of the best nighter DJ's in the land and building very nicely. Interest has really picked up in last few days.

Mike

I am actually going to try and stay up for this :ohmy:swoon.gif:lol:

Actually what I will say Adam ...is don't be afriad of some nice easy tempos for your other room for the likes of us older ladies , they don't alll have to be racin snake standard :lol: I need to slow you boys down :thumbsup: its nice to have an oasis tofloat and swoon and chill for a while.

Edited by Carms

Mike

Is that the area where the record dealers were previously?

Hi Mikey

Yes, but we going to put the record dealers in the other half of the room where the dance floor and DJ's are. Should be big enough unless the whole of the Countries rare crowd descend on us. Mmm now theres a thought.:lol: .

Regards

Mike

Has Moldie ever been to an Allnighter :thumbsup: .

Good luck Mike, sure this will be another great night, cant be with you this time, due to the fact I'll still be in the desert but have a blast. BTW Great that the TOD Room has got a reprieve, as IMO the music in here is right up there with thy best, c'mon guys get ya sen down & support Des n the lads upstairs.

Best Russ

Has Moldie ever been to an Allnighter :lol: .

Good luck Mike, sure this will be another great night, cant be with you this time, due to the fact I'll still be in the desert but have a blast. BTW Great that the TOD Room has got a reprieve, as IMO the music in here is right up there with thy best, c'mon guys get ya sen down & support Des n the lads upstairs.

Best Russ

Hi Russ

Thanks for your kind words of support. Hope to see you out and about somewhere when you next back in Blighty.

regards

Mike

Guest souldjer 1

good to see the good doctor and mrs doctor will be there.long time no see.

gonna be a great niter for sure mike.

plymouth soulies will be there on mass.

cant wait to see the usual suspects,seems an age since the last allniter.

deano and a very happy yvette(two rooms)

Guest Dr Pickles

good to see the good doctor and mrs doctor will be there.long time no see.

gonna be a great niter for sure mike.

plymouth soulies will be there on mass.

cant wait to see the usual suspects,seems an age since the last allniter.

deano and a very happy yvette(two rooms)

Like wise it'll be great to see Deano the Baker and his better half cooking up a storm on the dancefloor.

istockphoto_3516519_evil_chef.jpg

Not seen you both since the last one.

Safe trip up and see you all on the 4th.

Doc

Source Advert