2011-09-02: Gloucester Allnighter

Guest RachelY

First time for me and this line up looking very good. :thumbup:

Looking forward to a catch up Pat on Friday. Safe journey and will see you there.

RAY

xx

Usual shout out to any record dealers, get in touch if you want space saved :thumbsup:

Des Parker

Thanks for the table Des got loads of new stuff for sale and looking forward to some crate digging myself - see ya there!!!!!!

Guest Glawster

Well its arrived! No not the Sun(but thats welcome too!) The Allnighter. Few newbies coming along too,its looking good.

See ya later(I'll probably be on camera duties til Sue's finished on the door!)

Guest gordon russell

not long to be going bACK DOWN THE M5!!!!

gr8 allniter

See y'all at the usual place...

atb

mark

on an uplifting note nice to see a fella attend venues to enjoy the music wether djing or not good on ya mark see ya later :D:thumbsup:

Guest gordon russell

my return to niter duty, albeit local and not a full shift was enjoyable with great company and good tunes in both rooms...............marred only by the unsettling news that headsy only lives 40 miles away from me now :ohmy: ...........seriously it was good to see ya bud ....or should that be "taff" :D ezzie

nice to see you on the mend ezz.......crazy world not quite the same without you around :D .......how,s headsy gonna get along with that funny accent amongst your lots funny accent lol :D :D .....good to see ya headsy how much beer did you have lol :D :D

good night alround errr i think? :lol: :lol: :lol:

top nite again,well done mike and the team...seriously good tunes by all djs...upstairs dr pickles did it for me and downstairs ted and sean with some great new lesser known spins

,infact they killed me off,with go go tonite i left shortly after...till next time

dean

only bad thing was mike informing me a couple of next years dates will clash with go go...gutted..but thats life

Guest gordon russell

At 5 to 6 I was full Terry, lol

And Marvin was definately a cross dresser......Val

your spot on.......ain,t that why his dad shot im?.......val,s a crossdresser as well lol

Great night again down there worth the trip...some top tunes played and the dance floor was kept busy right to the end,and to put the icing on the cake the montclairs hey you was played dont remember who it was but it made my night... :hatsoff2: be back again at the next cheers...

Sure it was played by our eldest adopted son leon

Fantastic night in the 'Ton Of Dynamite' room. Superb music played by the DJs to an enthusiastic crowd who kept the dancefloor busy all night :thumbup: . Started counting down the days until the next one already!

Adam.

Its well worth the trip that's for sure .The TOD room is sure getting there.Definitely more bods are staying up there with the odd trip down stairs for a bit of fresh.air.

I think the DJ set times should be extended not a full hour but may be 45mins.And with such a compact set up i.e. DJ set up relative to the dance floor.

The DJs should have a real gud feel of wot is going down well on the floor and keep the place buzzin for the duration well to 4.30 am.

So its down stairs to the big room for a thumping finish to the night.Door staff take note someone might get slapped on your watch but a two minute round

is a NO NO it never happened on my shift over 15 year's. I was beginning wonder when the calvery was going to make a show.A lot of damage could have been inflicted if males had of been involved uninhibited for such a period.Complacency can set in i know during Soul venues as they are not drink fueled events.And just because there a happy bunch to keep an eye on, the last thing we want are the punter's having to ruin a good night's dancing to keep the peace.

But beside's all that it was a bloody gud nite.

Your's in Soul Irish.

Guest RachelY

First time at Gloucester for me and I had a really good night. Danced a lot. Well done to all involved. Will be back again for another installment.

Thanks Fi and Andy & Kat and Terry for your company.

Regards

RAY

xx

Lovely to see you Pat - keep me posted about Aachen.

Guest gordon russell

Its well worth the trip that's for sure .The TOD room is sure getting there.Definitely more bods are staying up there with the odd trip down stairs for a bit of fresh.air.

I think the DJ set times should be extended not a full hour but may be 45mins.And with such a compact set up i.e. DJ set up relative to the dance floor.

The DJs should have a real gud feel of wot is going down well on the floor and keep the place buzzin for the duration well to 4.30 am.

So its down stairs to the big room for a thumping finish to the night.Door staff take note someone might get slapped on your watch but a two minute round

is a NO NO it never happened on my shift over 15 year's. I was beginning wonder when the calvery was going to make a show.A lot of damage could have been inflicted if males had of been involved uninhibited for such a period.Complacency can set in i know during Soul venues as they are not drink fueled events.And just because there a happy bunch to keep an eye on, the last thing we want are the punter's having to ruin a good night's dancing to keep the peace.

But beside's all that it was a bloody gud nite.

Your's in Soul Irish.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..........they wouldn,t want one of your right hooks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big thanks to all who came and all of the Dj's for their sets. Numbers up on the last one and a brilliant atmosphere. Travellers from all over. Good to see Sian from Rugby and many others on their first visit.

My playlist in main room.

PLAYLIST. STEVE KARMEN - BREAKAWAY(INSTRUMENTAL),GARNETT MIMMS- PROVE IT TO ME, TJ WILLIAMS- BABY I NEED YOU,BETTY LLOYD-I'M CATCHING ON, JELLY BEANS - YOU DONT MEAN ME NO GOOD, SAM FLETCHER - ID THINK IT OVER, DEE DEE SHARP- I'M COMING HOME, DARROW FLETCHER- WHAT HAVE I GOT NOW, MAXINE BROWN - LET ME GIVE YOU MY LOVIN, MAGIC NIGHT - IF YOU AND I HAD NEVER MET, CHANDLER- YOUR LOVE MAKES ME LONELY, LENNY WILLIAMS - I COULD,NT FIND NOBODY, DE LITES- LOVER, JACKIE DAY - BEFORE ITS TOO LATE, BOBBY WELLS - BES THAT WAY SOMETIME, THE MOMENTS- YOU SAID, THE VELOURS- I'M GONNA CHANGE, BOBBY ANGELLE - TOO MUCH FOR YOU, ERNIE MARBRAY- AINT NOBODYS BUSINESS, RICHIE BROWN- UPTIGHT, THE HYTONES - GOOD NEWS, THE SATISFACTIONS - TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, THE VIBRATIONS - CAUSE YOUR MINE. NOT IN ABSOLUTE ORDER.

Guest Dr Pickles

Many thanks for the kind comments :thumbsup:

A fantastic night for me, relaxed, friendly and the ability to play what I want .

As mentioned, we had loads more in and keeping to that "nighter within a nighter" feel we had a lot more peeps making their base in the TOD room. This lead to more atmosphere, which lead to more dancers, which lead to more atmosphere and this built through the night.

As usual all the DJ's staying in the room, bouncing of eachother's sets, no doubles, just fantstic, different dance music all night.

When's the next one?????

ATB

Doc

Thanks for asking me again Mike great venue and crowd keep on keeping on Terrys missus ( god having a senior moments forgot her name) has the right idea demanding Strange in the next ten minutes then hearing it again up stairs 20 mins later wonder if she likes it :lol:

Edited by Ted Massey
Guest gordon russell

Thanks for asking me again Mike great venue and crowd keep on keeping on Terrys missus ( god having a senior moments forgot her name) has the right idea demanding Strange in the next ten minutes then hearing it again up stairs 20 mins later wonder if she likes it :lol:

told the fat gezza upstairs not to play it.......played underground express instead :D

Guest Glawsters Best

Another superb night , gets better each time!!

Des

yep Des it does

my Playlist for Main Room

The majestic's - I love so much it hurt's me

Larry Davis - I been hurt so many times

Make Jackson- I'll never forget you

Singing Sam - Move it baby

Wade Flemons- Jeanette

The Youngheart's - Little togetherness

Joe Tex- I wanna be free

Dean Parrish - Determination

Chuch Jackson-Hand It over

Brother's of soul - I'd be greatful

Mel Trome - comin- baby

Bill bush - I'm waiting

Eddie Bishop - Call Me

Phillip Mictchell - Free for all

Dee Dee sharpe - what kind of lady

Valentino's - Sweet than the day before

The Showmen - our Love will grow

Jesse johnson - left out

Tangeers - let your heart and soul be free

Montclair's - Hey You

Howard Tate - Baby I love you

Frankie and Johnny - I'll hold you

The wonderette's - I feel strange

Sam Dee's Lonely you'll be

Jackie Lee - Darkest Day's

Hi Mike,

just to say thanks for a great night, both Tony and I really enjoyed both rooms and have already spoken about coming back down with some sales boxes and hopefully a few others from the south east coast.

From my point of view I would like to say thanks for the invite to play a couple of sets, I really enjoyed it and loved the TOD room, great feel and contrast to the main room.

Big thanks to the regulars behind the decks for making me welcome, nice to meet Dave A, Dr P, Adam, Killa and Big Danny and all of the people that I was speaking to throughout the night.

Catch you all soon, Mark.