The Visitors (Chicago)

Guest veep1296

Guest veep1296

Hi everybody,

A relation of one of the group members has contacted me asking if I can find her any photographs of the group .

She also refers to another group The Mists.

If anyone can assist I would be very grateful.

Regards

David Ferguson

Bob Abrahamian perhaps??

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi everybody,

A relation of one of the group members has contacted me asking if I can find her any photographs of the group .

She also refers to another group The Mists.

If anyone can assist I would be very grateful.

Regards

David Ferguson

Bob Abrahamian perhaps??

The person I interviewed, Ray Foreman, didn't have a photo. The other group referred to is the Mist on Twinight, same group.

Social source share

Guest veep1296

dave,

there's a few books as you know, about the windy city and two of the most popular references are by david pruter, so you might find pics there

I have the Robert Pruter books...will check but cant remember there being much on this group.

Thanks

David

Social source share

Guest veep1296

The person I interviewed, Ray Foreman, didn't have a photo. The other group referred to is the Mist on Twinight, same group.

Thanks for the info Bob...it is one of Ray's relations who contacted me!

Regards

David

Social source share

I have the Robert Pruter books...will check but cant remember there being much on this group.

Thanks

David

There is no photo of the group in the soul book and Robert Pruter doesn't have a Visitors photo. He got most of Carl Davis' photos so probably Carl Davis doesn't either. Eugene Smiley might if you contact him, let me know if you get a photo.

Social source share

Guest veep1296

There is no photo of the group in the soul book and Robert Pruter doesn't have a Visitors photo. He got most of Carl Davis' photos so probably Carl Davis doesn't either. Eugene Smiley might if you contact him, let me know if you get a photo.

Many thanks Bob ! Sounds like it is going to be difficult/almost impossible...

David

Social source share

Many thanks Bob ! Sounds like it is going to be difficult/almost impossible...

David

someone on here should be able to get you a contact for eugene smiley though (the essence of love guy who was previously in the visitors), I'm sure many british people have talked to him

Social source share

Guest ruffsounds

Not sure if same group you are after but check out Gino Soccia, did some stuff in the 70s with a band called the Visitors, Disco/Funk music might give you a lead there, think they did some stuff on C.B.S. label.

cheers Ralph

Social source share

Could you tell me what period of time The Visitors or The mists or Mist were formed and any years of their recordings. That will give me a timeframe to look at.

Cheers.

their first record came out late '68, the last one (the Mist) is either '70 or '71.

Social source share

Guest Dante

the most i've previously seen a publicity photo go for on ebay was maybe $400. i don't look that hard though.

I don't, either. I just did a quick search on popsike and there was some $1000+ stuff: INXS, Beatles, Velvet Underground...

Find it a bit over the top. Now I know what non-soulies think when they find out how much people spend on 45s.

Social source share

I don't, either. I just did a quick search on popsike and there was some $1000+ stuff: INXS, Beatles, Velvet Underground...

Find it a bit over the top. Now I know what non-soulies think when they find out how much people spend on 45s.

popsike lists publicity photos, and if so, how did you search for them? i typed in publicity photo and got 4 items, which i assume were things that happened to be listed in records (2 of the 4 were LPs that came with photos).

Social source share

I just typed photo and went to the more expensive items:

https://www.popsike.c...humbs=&currsel=

you do get loads of LPs + photo, but the expensive stuff is right there at the top.

i doubt they index the memorabilia categories so it must just be stuff that was listed in records. i can't believe how much that inxs photo went for, that can't even be that rare (maybe just because of the autographs).

Social source share

Guest Dante

i doubt they index the memorabilia categories so it must just be stuff that was listed in records. i can't believe how much that inxs photo went for, that can't even be that rare (maybe just because of the autographs).

Right on both counts, Bob. I clicked to see the description and it clearly states that it was done at an autograph session and that the seller has another one, so there should be loads.

And thanks for the Wilson info...

Edited by Dante
Social source share

their first record came out late '68, the last one (the Mist) is either '70 or '71.

Thanks for that info Boba it gives me a starting point. I know Michael Ochs did a lot of photo work in Chicago so will start there.

Social source share

Guest veep1296
On 07/07/2010 at 05:14, boba said:

post-5120-069475000 1278476041_thumb.jpg

From Left to Right.

Mel Britt, Ray Foreman, Darryl Penrice, James Watkins

Cortesy of Ray Foreman & family.

Regards

David

ps Thanks again Bob Abrahamian..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source