soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

the one i had and sold on was on boot records with a picture of a doc martin style boot , maybe having a pink label if i remember right and was the faster version

i bought the looky likey one on ebay on the soul label with the instrumental on the flip but this was the slower version which i already have on a cd

Social source share

the one i had and sold on was on boot records with a picture of a doc martin style boot , maybe having a pink label if i remember right and was the faster version

i bought the looky likey one on ebay on the soul label with the instrumental on the flip but this was the slower version which i already have on a cd

The one on the Boot label is the best known and certainly the best version, it's at the right speed though, absoloutely brilliant track

Social source share

looking for the fast version of this on a boot , i know its just the normal version sped up but i traded my copy ages ago and just found it on a tape and i didnt record it onto cd

think its on boot records, pm if you have one to sell cheap :)

hi.. david .. have you been sorted yet ,,, if not let me know ... cheers ... dean

Social source share

i must have had a boot of the boot then before :thumbup:

still looking out for one on either label

If you're after the fast version then the one Mike has posted up is as I know, the only way to get it on vinyl. As for the unreleased Originals 'normal speed' version then there is the boot label 'boot' as Pete's pointed out, or the looky likey 'Soul' label release.

Cheers

Greg

Social source share

If you're after the fast version then the one Mike has posted up is as I know, the only way to get it on vinyl. As for the unreleased Originals 'normal speed' version then there is the boot label 'boot' as Pete's pointed out, or the looky likey 'Soul' label release.

Cheers

Greg

Greg, the one Mike has posted up is the same as the one on the Boot label.

I know there's a couple of different versions. One on one of the Motown (this is northern soul) cd's is the slower version for a start.

Social source share

Were these the single sided ones that were released?

No, the Boot ones all have something on the B side. The Soul Beat had a B side. The Advance label ones were usually one sided though, I think that one was speeded up but I might be wrong. Lonely Lover on that label was certainly speeded up.

Social source share

No, the Boot ones all have something on the B side. The Soul Beat had a B side. The Advance label ones were usually one sided though, I think that one was speeded up but I might be wrong. Lonely Lover on that label was certainly speeded up.

Yes the advance label ones were the speeded up version i've just played it, these came out in the 80's i believe.

Social source share

Greg, the one Mike has posted up is the same as the one on the Boot label.

I know there's a couple of different versions. One on one of the Motown (this is northern soul) cd's is the slower version for a start.

I heard another version t'other week I'd never heard before. funky early 70's feel to it, wah wah guitar (Dennis Coffey?), same lead singer from what I could tell.

Who did the plain white label ones, done at the right speed. Don't recall seeing one for ages, not that I've looked.

Social source share

flip of detroit prophets

post-11139-065462900 1278449639_thumb.jp

and the Advance 1 sided - which is speeded up :thumbsup:

post-11139-004990400 1278449661_thumb.jp

Social source share

I heard another version t'other week I'd never heard before. funky early 70's feel to it, wah wah guitar (Dennis Coffey?), same lead singer from what I could tell.

Be Intrested to listen to other versions if anyone as them , are you sure mate this is the same lead singer ? the lead singer is CP Spencer , i have a cracking interview with CP and Bill Randle talking about this track .. i will try and upload , has for the price I've seen the soul Boot for £50 ohmy.gif also there were boots with diffrent title called Baby have mercy on Me .

Edited by Hitsville Chalky
Social source share

Be Intrested to listen to other versions if anyone as them , are you sure mate this is the same lead singer ? the lead singer is CP Spencer , i have a cracking interview with CP and Bill Randle talking about this track .. i will try and upload , has for the price I've seen the soul Boot for £50 :( also there were boots with diffrent title called Baby have mercy on Me .

It was 4am or so at an allnighter sat in a car but it sounded like the same singer. That makes two 60's takes and this third one.

Anyone got a scan of the original acetate? Didn't the Baby Have Mercy On Me come from the working title on the acetate?

Social source share

I had an advance one now that I've seen the scan again, that was one sided but wasn't speeded up, if it was it was no where near as fast as Detroit Prophets one.

Social source share

It was 4am or so at an allnighter sat in a car but it sounded like the same singer. That makes two 60's takes and this third one.

Anyone got a scan of the original acetate? Didn't the Baby Have Mercy On Me come from the working title on the acetate?

Your right Mate the Original acetate did have " Baby Have Mercy On Me " on it , right found my Interview with CP Spencer and Bill talking about this track , I will have to upload from Tape to cd .. anyone got any ideas ?

Social source share

I reckon that was just on there by mistake.

Social source share

Your right Mate the Original acetate did have " Baby Have Mercy On Me " on it , right found my Interview with CP Spencer and Bill talking about this track , I will have to upload from Tape to cd .. anyone got any ideas ?

phono lead out of tape deck or amplifyer into comp - recording programme on computor (there will be free download programmes for recording) - that simple :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Yes the advance label ones were the speeded up version i've just played it, these came out in the 80's i believe.

Yep these were the first speeded up bootlegs as I remember, bought my scanned copy at Leicester Oddfellows allnighter when it was still a big play in the 80's for Rev Tony Clayton etc

Here's the scan of my mine!post-397-058339800 1287777343_thumb.jpg

OK the speeded up version we all hear (as per my scan)...which version is it speeded up from?... as the "normal" Original's version we all hear ain't this one speeded up.

I'm sure I saw a post saying there are 4 or 5 versions of Suspicion....can someone post up the normal speed version of the speeded up version please?

Bloody hell that was a tongue twister when you've had a few Friday night beers! rolleyes.gif

Edited by soulechoes
Social source share

Think I remember the first few copies of this knocking about were metal emis with the Temptations?..."forever in your heart" on the flip :thumbsup:

Anyone confirm this?

Best

Edwin

Edited by Eddies
Social source share

Source Advert