York Soul Club 2Nd July

Numbers down a little bit (Whitby on up the road, a few folks still in recovery or skint after Brid), but still enough in to create a good atmosphere later - especially after the football finished in the bar and the sun went down!

Top quality sounds as always, from both residents and guests Steve & Lianna (playlists please:thumbsup:) . On a personal note, great to see Dekka and Rosemary visiting for the first time, and to see Trevski out again, dapper as ever, and many thanks to all of you who leant a sympathetic ear over my recent bad news.

PS we need a ruling on shorts in the clubhouse...... if the weather stays like this, next month's York SC with look like an episode of "It Ain't Arf Hot, Mum!":yes:

• Replies 22
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest rosemary

I had a great time at Yorkthumbsup.gif.....the music was excellent, loved the venue and the smoking terracesmile.gif.

Big thank you to David and Mark for taking me, lovely to see Mr Trevski out and aboutyes.gif. Had lots of fun all night, highlight of the evening was Sue Holme's friend and the large knickerslaugh.gif.

I'll be backyes.gif

highlight of the evening was Sue Holme's friend and the large knickers

Rosemary

That was Lynn from Hull & actuall I thought they were a size too small.............don't tell her she'll kill me as it's my wife :yes:

Another top night at York Soul Club.

Yes great to see Trev playing out, it's been too long.Also great to see Mr Woods out & looking fit & healthy with a very eye catching pink cast on..........matched his eyes :thumbsup:

Plenty of York faves played but also plenty of different stuff hit the decks from all dj's. Steve & Lianna brought some great tunes to the decks & had the dancefloor busy all there spot.

Well done T n T

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

It's a while since we have been to the York Soul Club Venue, well, well, well haven't we been missing out. Got there a little late due to visiting a Soul Friend in St James Hospital, Leeds. So we both needed a rite good cheering up and York Soul Club certainly did that. Walk through the doors half way through John Parker's set to; Kenny Gamble - The Jokes On You. Before I had got the drinks in, Linda was on the dance floor. After that it was choon after choon, after choon of pure quality. Ronnie P was up next and kept the high quality rolling on. We've never seen or heard your guests Steve & Lianna before, but we'll be on the look out now for there names on future flyer's.......... Absolutely brilliant. (Thanks for playing the Tempos Steve). Then to finish off the night was Tony Hatfield & John Parker double decking. No disrespect to the other DJ's (they were all outstanding), however, the choons these two spun in the last hour (and abit) just blew my head off. When John Parker played; J D Byrant - I won't be coming back. That just summed up the evening of how good the music was "All Night Long".

Thank's for a great night and see you on the 7th August.

KTF............................... Bridgey & Linda

Guest rosemary

Rosemary

That was Lynn from Hull & actuall I thought they were a size too small.............don't tell her she'll kill me as it's my wife :yes:

Another top night at York Soul Club.

Yes great to see Trev playing out, it's been too long.Also great to see Mr Woods out & looking fit & healthy with a very eye catching pink cast on..........matched his eyes :thumbsup:

Plenty of York faves played but also plenty of different stuff hit the decks from all dj's. Steve & Lianna brought some great tunes to the decks & had the dancefloor busy all there spot.

Well done T n T

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn....I took some of photos of Lynn wearing the large knickersyes.gif , but I dont think I could put them on herelaugh.gif, they might end up on some fetish siteph34r.gif

Guest espo

Always a pleasure to attend this venue as either a punter or Dj

Fabulous crowd as always---so friendly and ready to dance

Me n Liana thoroughly enjoyed our stint behind the decks---thanks to TnT& John for asking us

Highlight of the night for me--GETTING INTO LYN BYRDS KNICKERS!!!!!---mind the Argyle & Sutherland Highlanders had to move over to make room

:thumbsup:

It's a while since we have been to the York Soul Club Venue, well, well, well haven't we been missing out. Got there a little late due to visiting a Soul Friend in St James Hospital, Leeds. So we both needed a rite good cheering up and York Soul Club certainly did that. Walk through the doors half way through John Parker's set to; Kenny Gamble - The Jokes On You. Before I had got the drinks in, Linda was on the dance floor. After that it was choon after choon, after choon of pure quality. Ronnie P was up next and kept the high quality rolling on. We've never seen or heard your guests Steve & Lianna before, but we'll be on the look out now for there names on future flyer's.......... Absolutely brilliant. (Thanks for playing the Tempos Steve). Then to finish off the night was Tony Hatfield & John Parker double decking. No disrespect to the other DJ's (they were all outstanding), however, the choons these two spun in the last hour (and abit) just blew my head off. When John Parker played; J D Byrant - I won't be coming back. That just summed up the evening of how good the music was "All Night Long".

Thank's for a great night and see you on the 7th August.

KTF............................... Bridgey & Linda

if you thought ste and lianna were good check out darlingtons coachman hotel by/monthly they run this excellant night with don and chrisie ....keith...

what a brill night,best for me in a long time,music as usual top form,,ste& lianna done an excellent double spot...lots of laughs as usual...lynns kniks one of the highlights.:thumbsup:martins shorts not far behind :thumbsup::yes::no: .i think maybe a few drunken indians from next doors reservation were in :no::D:D :lol:spent a little while on the patio over looking pitches ect.. this place must have the best smoking area around.a speaker outside would make it the best....looking forward to next one .10/10 t& t ....keith

Heard nothing but good things about this venue so decided to check it out.

I had been told that i would enjoy the type of music played, so decided to

travel back from the cleethorpes scooter rally early and pay a visit.

I was not disappointed.

Myself and Glennys were surrounded by familiar faces as soon as we walked in.

Gary, Richard, kenny, Steve, Ronnie and many others who we knew from the scene.

A lovely friendly club but who take no prisoners where the music is concerned, at times it felt

like being back at the Burnley nighter.

Hard hitting no nonscene soul which impelled you to move your feet and get on that dance floor.

We will be back,thumbsup.gif

Guest pinknails

Absolutely brilliant night spent at York Soul Club with Dekka.

Music top notch fabulous crowd:hatsoff2:

Will be marching through the doors again.

Good Luck York Soul Club:thumbup:

Guest chris

:yes:

Thanks Tony & Tracy for another thoroughly enjoyable night.... :lol:

Top quality music as always and a great friendly atmosphere....:thumbsup: just love this venue....:thumbsup:

Look forward to August....:D

Chris x

Guest tony hatfield

Just a note to say thanks to all for an excellent evening after a hot and sticky day must say this was just the tonic great music, fantastic friends and excellent ale:thumbsup:, rounded off with sambucas, Nev my head on sunday!!! what a laugh :) Big knickers and Chris Holmes birthday celebrations.

Great to see some new faces along with our regular attendees making another succesfull evening. Thanks to Steve, Leana, John and Ronnie for supplying quality soul music all in all a top night.

As asked for is my plays from saturday,

Funky Virginia The Rockin Cavaliers DPG

Youre Mine You Jimmy Helm Symbol

Closer to your Heart J T Carter Decca

Strange little Girl The VIPs Congress

Left Out Jesse Johnson Old Town

You Had Me Fooled Danny Woods Correct tone

Im Moanin, Rose Brooks Soul City

Your Love Has Gone away The Drapers Gee

Mellow feeling Barbara Lynn Love

I Need someone The Ambassadors Uptown

Shes Gone Gerry G & Co Clevetown

Im In Love With You Thee Dupremes Dupreme

Head of the Crowd Royal lancers ABC

Believe Me My Love The Dee Jays Unnissued

Theres Room for Me Jesse Davies Revere

I Gotta Know The Tonnettes Dynamic

Look at Me The Dellettes Blue rock

Ive Been discovered Lillie Fields Spectrum

Crazy About You Baby The Embers eEe

You Got a Good thing Going The Parfays Fontana

I Trust You Baby Ketty Lester RCA

Mr Blue Cody Black D Town

I feel strange The wonderettes Ruby

My Poor Heart The sunlovers Mutt n Jeff

Paris blues Tony Middleton Mala

Youre falling in Love Betty Everett Soul Bag LP

Thats it from the 2 sets 8.00 till 9.00 plus 12 till 1am double deckin with John.

Next one is 7th August with guest Dj Mick H.

Please take a look on our website www.yorksoulclub.com for up to date pics etc.

Plus as from september we are hoping to finish at a later time of 2am giving more value for your money!!

All the best Tony and Tracy

Your head :) what about mine:hypo:

With hindsight Tony ,maybe having 3 sambuccas on top of 8 pints of lager was a bit ambitious eh!

Great night as always .....top crowd as always ...but it was funny to arrive at the venue to be greeted by the sight of only fellow N.east soulies :lol:........just after 8 pm

Thought we'd took a wrong turn and ended up in the Coachman .....or should that be a right turn :yes:

.....we Northerners do like to get our money's worth:yes:

P.s ..Must have been something in the air ...1st Martin in those "lofty" pants and then J P not wearin a suit...Trevski you've been missed.....get this nipped in the bud;)

Guest Derek White

what a brill night,best for me in a long time,music as usual top form,,ste& lianna done an excellent double spot...lots of laughs as usual...lynns kniks one of the highlights.:thumbsup:martins shorts not far behind :):yes::lol: .i think maybe a few drunken indians from next doors reservation were in :lol::lol::lol: :lol:spent a little while on the patio over looking pitches ect.. this place must have the best smoking area around.a speaker outside would make it the best....looking forward to next one .10/10 t& t ....keith

Keith.

I agree, what a top night. Lynn & martyn both having a good laugh, them bloody indians next door makin' wampum. the alternative room (the terrace) a great asset should be used more in the summer, imo.

great music too, btw.

Cheers,

Derek.

Just a note to say thanks to all for an excellent evening after a hot and sticky day must say this was just the tonic great music, fantastic friends and excellent ale:thumbsup:, rounded off with sambucas, Nev my head on sunday!!! what a laugh :yes: Big knickers and Chris Holmes birthday celebrations.

Great to see some new faces along with our regular attendees making another succesfull evening. Thanks to Steve, Leana, John and Ronnie for supplying quality soul music all in all a top night.

As asked for is my plays from saturday,

Funky Virginia The Rockin Cavaliers DPG

Youre Mine You Jimmy Helm Symbol

Closer to your Heart J T Carter Decca

Strange little Girl The VIPs Congress

Left Out Jesse Johnson Old Town

You Had Me Fooled Danny Woods Correct tone

Im Moanin, Rose Brooks Soul City

Your Love Has Gone away The Drapers Gee

Mellow feeling Barbara Lynn Love

I Need someone The Ambassadors Uptown

Shes Gone Gerry G & Co Clevetown

Im In Love With You Thee Dupremes Dupreme

Head of the Crowd Royal lancers ABC

Believe Me My Love The Dee Jays Unnissued

Theres Room for Me Jesse Davies Revere

I Gotta Know The Tonnettes Dynamic

Look at Me The Dellettes Blue rock

Ive Been discovered Lillie Fields Spectrum

Crazy About You Baby The Embers eEe

You Got a Good thing Going The Parfays Fontana

I Trust You Baby Ketty Lester RCA

Mr Blue Cody Black D Town

I feel strange The wonderettes Ruby

My Poor Heart The sunlovers Mutt n Jeff

Paris blues Tony Middleton Mala

Youre falling in Love Betty Everett Soul Bag LP

Thats it from the 2 sets 8.00 till 9.00 plus 12 till 1am double deckin with John.

Next one is 7th August with guest Dj Mick H.

Please take a look on our website www.yorksoulclub.com for up to date pics etc.

Plus as from september we are hoping to finish at a later time of 2am giving more value for your money!!

All the best Tony and Tracy

220596534944.jpg Thanks for playing it , great night , even if my mate did fall asleep for over an hour !!!! , the joy of children !!!!:)

Guest Trevski

Thanks to all at YSC for an enjoyable night. First time out for sometime, as my health has not been so good. I was pleasantly surprised to find I had actually been missed! I think the sight of Lynn's big knickers may have set me back a bit tho! :thumbsup: Good to see everyone, and the music, as always was spot on. I particularly enjoyed Steve and Lianna. Rosemary had her first visit to York, and enjoyed it immensely, and the new hair do suits her perfectly! I see the dress code has diminished somewhat in my absence, socks need pulling up, altho' I think some weren't even wearing 'em! (Martyn):thumbup: A warm welcome from Tracy, being clasped to her bosom would make anyone feel at home! See you for the next 'un! :thumbsup:

Guest tony hatfield

THANK YOU FOR THE FANTASTIC FEEDBACK, PLAYLISTS PLEASE TO UPDATE WEBSITE IF POSSIBLE, PHOTO'S WILL BE UP BY WEEKEND.

ONCE AGAIN, A VERY BIG THANK YOU, WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT THERE WOULD BE NO YORKSOUL CLUB:thumbsup:

SEE YOU ALL SOON

TRACY & TONY.:(

Was really expecting a quiet night after Brid and with Whitby weekender being on...it wasn't

Great atmosphere ..the usual fantastic crowd as we have come to expect at York

Great support from far and wide

A few days late with playlist...but here we go

Clydie King Breakaway c/up

Celeste Hardy But For Love c/up

The Fascinations Crazy Bell Acetate

Liz Lands Midnight Johnny Unissued Jobete Acetate

Peg Byers I Wish You A World of Happiness Unissued Virtue Acetate

New Wanderers Since My Baby Came Back Unissued Bell Acetate

Lord Thunder Chaos c/up

The Dogs Soul Step Treasure

Tranells Blessed with a Love Flo Jo

Ward Burton Sweet Temptation Panther

Poets Wrapped Around Your Finger J-2

Timmie and The Empires Yo-Yo Unissued Studio Acetate

Eddie Holman Hurt Unissued

Timmie Williams Competition Mala

LynnTerry I Got A Good Thing Going Lasalle

Blue Jays Point Of View Jay

Houston Outlaws Give Me One More Chance c/up

The Metrics Wishes Chadwick

The Tiaras Foolish Girl Op-Art

The Moments You Said Deep

Johnny Honeycutt I'm Coming Over Triode

Walter And The Admerations Man O Man La-Cindy

Rufus Wood Before 2001 Espanola

Kenny Gamble The Joke's On You Arctic

John and The Wierdest No Time Tie

Bobby Day Pretty Little Girl Next Door RCA

Bobby Kline Say Something Nice To Me MB

Leon Peterson Now You're On Your Own Skylark

The Volumes Aint Gonna Give You Up Karen

J.D.Bryant I Wont Be Coming Back Shrine

In no order and might have been a couple more....

Hope everyone enjoyed it

See you next time

Cheers

JohnP

Edited by john parker

Sorry am late in posting up :lol: Had a brilliant time at York from start to finish, great music, lovely friendly folks, it was also a laugh with Lynn's big knickers and Jayne's wig laugh.gif

I hope Tony and Nev's heads weren't aching too much after the Sambucca's, better you than me, it smells too much like Pernod for my liking :D

Suz

x