2 Great Chicago Sides For Sale

Both 45's include 2nd class rec delivery. Add £4 for special delivery, £4.50 overseas

Gracie Darnell - The bad guys (RUTH) Label M-, vinyl excellent,plays perfect £120 ....... Fabulous underplayed midtempo chicago gem SOLD!!!

Johnny Moore - Lonely heart in the city (BLUEROCK) Ex- Again plays perfect !! £25 If you haven't got this ,one play and you'll want it.... Super soulful midtempo.

Cheque only I'm afraid ...please PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for looking

Phil

Johnny Moore still available ....

Edited by tiggerwoods
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

gracie darnell is from detroit, sharon mcmahan wrote it and it has ollie mclaughlin's publishing

I did wonder Boba .... noticed that on the credits but thought Gracie was a Chicago girl and Ruth was a chicago label ?? Just assumed they had got Sharon M and Ollie Mc in to write and produce for them. Also when I bought the 45 the UK dealer (for 30+ years) had actually written nice chicago dancer on the sleeve!! Seems Ruth label was named after his wife.. as just discovered on net

Edited by tiggerwoods
Social source share

I did wonder Boba .... noticed that on the credits but thought Gracie was a Chicago girl and Ruth was a chicago label ?? Just assumed they had got Sharon M and Ollie Mc in to write and produce for them. Also when I bought the 45 the UK dealer (for 30+ years) had actually written nice chicago dancer on the sleeve!! Seems Ruth label was named after his wife.. as just discovered on net

It was pressed in Chicago, like the early Karen records, but I think it was Detroit. It could have been recorded in Chicago like some of the early Karen stuff. Either way, I think you sold it at a fair price for the buyer, rare record.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert