• Replies 125
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Awake 502

:wink: But to be fair - there is a scan, it's described as a carver, and it was put on at 99p start.

What more do you want?

Do you think everyone knows what a "Carver" is ?

Social source share

Do you think everyone knows what a "Carver" is ?

No, but if anyone is spending 3 figures on a piece of vinyl i think they probably would.

The seller also states "all original first issues unless noted" - which it clearly is. If someone doesn't know then there is always the oportunity to ASK before bidding.

I don't have a problem with this personally, unlike some of the shyster sales that are intended to deceive with their bootlegs - now they really piss me off!

Social source share

A silly price indeed but I have no control of what people choose to pay for an item! Everything starts at 99p

I usually only selI original records but have been selling some boots and reissues over the past couple of weeks as well, some of these belonged to a mate of mine who passed away recently, I am selling them as a favor for his wife!

Anyway, got lots more good stuff to list, mainly my own originals, maybe I should set up a new account to list them.....'someofthesemaynotbeoriginals' ffs!

regards Paul

Social source share

A silly price indeed but I have no control of what people choose to pay for an item! Everything starts at 99p

I usually only selI original records but have been selling some boots and reissues over the past couple of weeks as well, some of these belonged to a mate of mine who passed away recently, I am selling them as a favor for his wife!

Anyway, got lots more good stuff to list, mainly my own originals, maybe I should set up a new account to list them.....'someofthesemaynotbeoriginals' ffs!

regards Paul

:lol:

Social source share

regards Paul

Paul,you dont have to justify selling boots etc just cos your user name is Original45's.If people don't know what a carver is,or do a bit of digging to find out the history of the record ,and still prepared to bid - Tuff.!!!

Its worth £342 to someone.

Social source share

I suppose to be fair, there were 5 different bidders and 19 bids in total - so surely (at least) most of them must have been aware of what they were actually bidding on? :thumbsup:

But there again....who knows :yes:

must get a few hundred done :thumbsup:

i saw it, read description and decided not to bid, so pretty sure the others must have seen clearly that it was a carver. nice result paul.

i did bid on 2 of paul's other originals sales, lost one at last minute, great price too (embers - hence i have a want out on here for it :lol:), the other i won :D

Social source share

top seller ,and man is paul...:thumbsup:..... .........what he descibes as being for sale,.......is what it is ................,buyers choice to bid .........might have bid myself if i had seen it, regards ezzie

And what's more his sales list has led directly to Bradford going to the top of my "must do" venues. :lol:

I thought Jeez if these are what he's selling what's he playing ffs!

Just got to get myself fit enough to travel and I'll be up there. :thumbsup:

- Kev.

Social source share

And what's more his sales list has led directly to Bradford going to the top of my "must do" venues. :)

I thought Jeez if these are what he's selling what's he playing ffs!

Just got to get myself fit enough to travel and I'll be up there. :yes:

- Kev.

You wont regret that Kev its top notch :lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I thought it was one of these ..but could'nt work out where to put the meat :thumbup:

Our local butchers assistant got the sack for putting his dick into the meat carver.

She got the sack too.

Social source share

Guest martyn

been collecting for 30yrs and honestly never heard of the term carver before in my life!!

Have played the link and still have no idea what it means...........explain please somebody:huh:

Modern day emi disc , give or take :hatsoff2:

Social source share

been collecting for 30yrs and honestly never heard of the term carver before in my life!!

Have played the link and still have no idea what it means...........explain please somebody:huh:

It's like an acetate/emidisc but actually cut onto vinyl. The first company who became popular doing this service were called Vinyl Carvers, hence the expression "carver"

Social source share

:thumbsup: That's fair enough.

But out of curiosity as I leapt to defend the sales post - if you'd been inclined to bid on this would the description as a carver have dettered you, or at least prompted

you to ask the seller what he mean't by this? Or would you have bid away regardless? Just curious.

- Kev.

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

It was "discovered" by tickhills finest.... andy dyson , current value of this very pretty labelled double sider is £4,000 - £5,000...... only 5 or 6 known copies at the last count..... one of the great finds of the last few years...

Social source share

:thumbsup: That's fair enough.

But out of curiosity as I leapt to defend the sales post - if you'd been inclined to bid on this would the description as a carver have dettered you, or at least prompted

you to ask the seller what he mean't by this? Or would you have bid away regardless? Just curious.

- Kev.

Erm dunno really, i only replied to this as i had no idea what a carver was, only played clip in link to see if itwas the same as the one i had.

Social source share

It was "discovered" by tickhills finest.... andy dyson , current value of this very pretty labelled double sider is £4,000 - £5,000...... only 5 or 6 known copies at the last count..... one of the great finds of the last few years...

where do you get that figure from Manship sold it for 2k didnt he

Social source share

If someone had just registered on here and tried to sell a 'carver' for more than 99p he would have been ripped to bits,probably by the same people kiss-arseing and making excuses for bootleg sellers/selling. Give your heads a collective shake.

Social source share

Well, without going into all of andys business ..... my partner, Nick , goes most places with andy , was with him the night he dscovered it and haas been with him when he dealt 2 copies.... so JM must have let someome have a bargain ?? ... does that verify / authenticate anything Ted ???

Social source share

i didnt think Mannie had one..it was listed by mistake or in error...?? or am I WRONG AS USUAL

I seem to remember ???? grey matters goin a bit white

gasher

where do you get that figure from Manship sold it for 2k didnt he

Social source share

Well, without going into all of andys business ..... my partner, Nick , goes most places with andy , was with him the night he dscovered it and haas been with him when he dealt 2 copies.... so JM must have let someome have a bargain ?? ... does that verify / authenticate anything Ted ???

no it doesnt, wether it will fetch 4/5k is yet to be tested unless you know something we dont

Social source share

i didnt think Mannie had one..it was listed by mistake or in error...?? or am I WRONG AS USUAL

I seem to remember ???? grey matters goin a bit white

gasher

I didn't know JM had auctioned / liisted one either.... Tim Brown's,Butch's,Soul Sam's,Mick H's. Andys and i think Ginger T has one ?? have ALL come from A.D.
Social source share

If someone had just registered on here and tried to sell a 'carver' for more than 99p he would have been ripped to bits,probably by the same people kiss-arseing and making excuses for bootleg sellers/selling. Give your heads a collective shake.

I'll say it again - I've no problem with anyone that lists a sale honestly. These things exist so we might as well face it, they're going to be bought and sold. I just think

anger and dismay is better directed at the many sellers who intentionally set out to deceive or catch the unwary - many with numerous sales and on a regular basis,

and with Ebay seemingly ignoring the reporting of such sellers by myself and others on here.

- Kev.

Social source share

Guest martyn

Dunno, I've never heard an emidisc called a carver - because it's not.

Same principle though , thats why I said "give or take" . Can't see why the physical difference between a carver & an emi disc matters a hoot in this instance - they serve the same purpose

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

I'll say it again - I've no problem with anyone that lists a sale honestly. These things exist so we might as well face it, they're going to be bought and sold. I just think

anger and dismay is better directed at the many sellers who intentionally set out to deceive or catch the unwary - many with numerous sales and on a regular basis,

- Kev.

If the buyer knew what a Carver was then no way would they have bid the amount it sold for, intentional or not this item did catch out and deceive the unwary.

An ambiguous listing at best, seller could describe it as an illegal bootleg that anyone can buy for 20 quid.... which is what the item is...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!