Supercorsa

More Ebay Scams

Dave - Yes, Joy Lovejoy sure was released on Checker!!

Thanks Gene, didn't think I was going mad.

Although the seller did not state this to be a re-issue I have no sympathy for someone who will spend that much on a 45 without doing a little bit of homework. Not least cos Manships banging them out at £10. Madness.

They've put the following on the description:

RELEASED ON US ARGO LABEL - UNDER THE LICENCE OF CHESS RECORDS

I understand that Argo was part of the Chess Group, but I doubt these are genuine releases. Mind you, I could be wrong.

What amazes me is that someone has already bid £14.99 for it. Then again I sold a similar reissue copy of Eddie Parker's, I'm Gone b/w Love You Baby on Ashford to a chap from....Detroit, for a tenner!

Hard to keep up with all these "look a likes" currently being pushed out

Was a bit suprised/jacked off  to see that September Jones has had the treatmemt on a kapp wd look alike with rubin on other side the other weekend

I can understand people getting hacked off with these reissues/boots, if like a lot of the people on here they spend hundreds (possibly thousands) of pounds on the originals. Unfortunately I have to admit that for somebody with very little spare cash, like myself. It's probably the only way I'd ever own them on 7" vinyl, unless of course I win the lottery. Although saying that I'd still only pay £6 for them off somebody like Roger Stewart's Boogaloo Records.

I'd also like to say that recently I have not been buying so many, due to suggestions given to me on this forum, for cheap originals.

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links