• Replies 25
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

These are the people I got caught out by, for Alice Clark - You hit me. :-(

SuperCorsa, I will be at CSC on Friday. Come over and say hello. I am the short fat Paul Scholes looky likey.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

These are the people I got caught out by, for Alice Clark - You hit me.  :-(

SuperCorsa, I will be at CSC on Friday. Come over and say hello. I am the short fat Paul Scholes looky likey.

Mickey, if you want an original demo, I have a spare. Not sure what it goes for £100ish?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Well, if anyone on this board wants my mint- original demo copy for £125 inc postage email me jamestrouble@hotmail.com

Social source share

Dave - Yes, Joy Lovejoy sure was released on Checker!!

Thanks Gene, didn't think I was going mad.

Although the seller did not state this to be a re-issue I have no sympathy for someone who will spend that much on a 45 without doing a little bit of homework. Not least cos Manships banging them out at £10. Madness.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

just a couple of quick points......Nottingham eh ? not selectadisc people is it ?

also there is a guy in hamburg selling the Fi-dels as an original on VJ, I thought the bona fide original was on Keyman ??

It sure is, on Keymen that is...

best

Leo

Social source share

They've put the following on the description:

RELEASED ON US ARGO LABEL - UNDER THE LICENCE OF CHESS RECORDS

I understand that Argo was part of the Chess Group, but I doubt these are genuine releases. Mind you, I could be wrong.

What amazes me is that someone has already bid £14.99 for it. Then again I sold a similar reissue copy of Eddie Parker's, I'm Gone b/w Love You Baby on Ashford to a chap from....Detroit, for a tenner!

Social source share

Hard to keep up with all these "look a likes" currently being pushed out

Was a bit suprised/jacked off  to see that September Jones has had the treatmemt on a kapp wd look alike with rubin on other side the other weekend

I can understand people getting hacked off with these reissues/boots, if like a lot of the people on here they spend hundreds (possibly thousands) of pounds on the originals. Unfortunately I have to admit that for somebody with very little spare cash, like myself. It's probably the only way I'd ever own them on 7" vinyl, unless of course I win the lottery. Although saying that I'd still only pay £6 for them off somebody like Roger Stewart's Boogaloo Records.

I'd also like to say that recently I have not been buying so many, due to suggestions given to me on this forum, for cheap originals.

Social source share

Guest micksmith

BUT ARE THEY BEING PRESSED IN THE UK. IF SO YOU HAVE 3 GUESSES ABOUT WHO'S DOING THEM.

1st CLUE-NOT FROM SOUTH OF LEICESTER.

I'LL LEAVE THE GUESSES TO YOU?.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!