Eddie Holman Live April 12Th 1985 Regency Suite Hinckley

Over 25 Years ago now...been recording some old C90's to mp3 and here's Eddie Holman on April 12th 1985 at Regency Suite Hinckley (across the road from the leisure centre)

Was a great night....some great annecdotes from Eddie between the songs...especially about Larry Clinton saying what a tough guy he was and when Larry said write a record for me you didn't say no! - That record turned out to be "She's Wanted"!

Chris King put the night on (used to use Regency Suite when leisure centre was booked)...saw Martha Reeves at the venue too....Snake Davis and the Suspicions providing the music on the night with his unmistakeable Sax!

Excellent night!

Here's the song list:

Eddie's my Name

She's Wanted

All in the Game

I Surrender

Hey There Lonely Girl

Hurt

Where I'm not Wanted

This will be a night to remember

This Gets to me

Edited by soulechoes
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A photo of Eddie Holman taken at that self-same event (I'm pretty sure). With Eddie is Kev Griffin.

This would have been one of my first ever all nighters.

Nice picture! Oh the memories...been hidden a drawer for years...nice to hear again. Brings it all back for sure!

Refosoul now fixed!

Social source share

They used to have some great do's in Hinckley. Remember the Eddie Holman gig. Took Andy Rix over there before he had a car. We also saw Popcorn Wylie and I'm sure I recall seeing the Supremes there too. Like you say, 25 years ago and my memory is a bit fuzzy but great memories none the less.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!