Billy Hawks-Oh Baby,i Believe Im Losing Yougenius Of The Blues Lp

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I think you can get it on a french or italian 7" . I'm sure someone else will confirm this.

yes - french stateside with whip it on me on the flip !!

2 great mod jazz oldies !!!!

big on the mod scene and the Jazz clubs in the 80s

Social source share

yes - french stateside with whip it on me on the flip !!

2 great mod jazz oldies !!!!

big on the mod scene and the Jazz clubs in the 80s

thanks for the info chaps :thumbsup:,and how much would this french release cost me ?

cheers

jason

Social source share

Sold my french copy with a stupid cartoon sleeve to rob bailey years ago for £60.Think its a bit more now but why the fuss..........buy some northern soul instead.A pedestrian bluesy organ track played at the arse end of Dingwalls every now and again.

Social source share

Sold my french copy with a stupid cartoon sleeve to rob bailey years ago for £60.Think its a bit more now but why the fuss..........buy some northern soul instead.A pedestrian bluesy organ track played at the arse end of Dingwalls every now and again.

............. and you'd be lucky to pick one up for less than £400.

Social source share

Guest son of stan

It was a big record on the jazz dance scene in the 1980s. It's on one of the (great) Street Sounds Jazz Juice comps and the whole LP was reissued on vinyl by Ace / BGP at the time.

No idea what the original LP (on Prestige?) goes for.. Check Popsike.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

totally agree !!!!!!!! And thats if you could find one !!!!

A stupidly rare 45 and still so in - demand.

The LP with "Oh Baby" on is called "more Heavy Soul from the new genius of the blues"

The other LP "the new genius of the blues" does not have "oh baby" on it

I would have thought 70 quid was about right for the "Heavy Soul" LP

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Yeah mate ........ I would have said somthing like that , If I had let that 45 slip out for 60 quid :lol:

Social source share

One of the biggest records on the jazz dance scene from about 86/87 onwards.

Very rare LP on Prestige, virtually impossible on French 45 - last copy that was sold went for closer to £1000.

Was originally played on the mod scene from the BGP 12 inch which launched the label in 1987. It was never on a jazz juice comp.

Social source share

Very rare LP on Prestige, virtually impossible on French 45 - last copy that was sold went for closer to £1000.

Was originally played on the mod scene from the BGP 12 inch which launched the label in 1987. It was never on a jazz juice comp.

I think he meant this one - It was called "Dance Juice" vol 2 - BGP Rrecords - Compiled by Giles Peterson

I think every one I know had this L P in the 80s - must have sold thousands.

great days !!

post-6465-033762500 1278663835_thumb.jpg

Edited by mossy
Social source share

The album Heavy Soul is available in various guises I had an original on the blue Prestige lable in totally destroyed condition so I replaced with an Original Jazz Classics reissue on the original Yellow and Black 50's Prestige lable, Confused? I have also seen copies on the green and yellow lable.

Prestige recorded loads of artists from the 50,s to the 70,s and have always kept a good back catalouge.

The album was recorded in 68 and features imho another great tune... You,ve been a bad girl Catalogue number is 7556

Social source share

Guest theoriginator56

It also came out on a uk 12inch 3 tracks on it v.artists.ill dig it out later and be more presice.

Social source share

lol,thanks for your input bud but i will buy what i damn well want to buy :thumbsup:

cheers

jason

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Sorry, you're right. Was a long time ago. I worked in a record shop at the time but I would have heard it out at The Belvedere or Dingwalls or Special Branch or somewhere like that, though, not the mod scene.

Social source share

I've got the 3 track BGP 12" of this, from memory the other two tracks are by Wilis Jackson and Pucho.

Anybody care to give an idea on what this sells for?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert