2011-07-01: Whitby Soul Weekender

Event Title: WHITBY SOUL WEEKENDER

Event Author: The Golden 101

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Fri 01 July 2011

-------------------------------------------------

Top Notch Weekender in the beautiful town of Whitby. Anually packed and featuring the best in Northern Soul, Motown and Modern Soul with the North's best loved DJ's. We are the original Yorkshire Soul Weekender.

VENUE Weekenders in seaside resorts are nothing new, but the pretty fishing port in North Yorkshire is so refreshing in comparison to other soul locations, that a visit to the 10th Whitby soul weekender in July 2011 is a 'can't miss' date for your diary.

Offering you THREE daytime sessions plus soul nights spread over three days, we have chosen a different presentation for the weekend from the other 'Friday through to Sunday packages' which allows for a relaxing weekend break as well as the time-honoured soul experience.

Two huge rooms at the Whitby Pavilion offering Northern Classics, In - demanders and Rare Soul (and what a superb dancefloor).

The No.1 Seaside town in North Yorkshire.....Beautiful place!

SOUL POINTS

The wonderful Whitby Pavilion provides us with a fantastic venue for a weekend pleasurefest of soul music and dancing. Simply book your own local accommodation to suit your budget!

Whitby Tourist Information

The ever popular office of Whitby Tourist Information

Langborne Road

Whitby

North Yorkshire

YO21 1YN

Telephone: 01723 383636

Mobile:

Fax: 01723 383604

Email: tourismbureau@scarborough.gov.uk

ADDRESS OF VENUE

Whitby Soul Weekender, Whitby Pavilion, The Spa, Whitby, North Yorkshire.

STYLE OF VENUE

A fantastic setting on the cliff top overlooking the bay. The Northern room holds approx 1200 with a downstairs Modern room capacity at 300. TOTAL 1,500

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE BY ROAD:

From South: M1/M18 or A1 to A64 / From North: A1/A19 to A171 or A 170 / From West: M62 to Hull, then A63/A165 (coastal route) or M62 towards Hull then A614 Howden, A163, B1249, A64 (country route)

Durections

Gadgets powered by Google

BY RAIL:

Regular Inter-City trains run from London and Edinburgh, change at York for Scarborough and Filey, and across country from Liverpool/Manchester. The Esk Valley route to Whitby runs via Middlesbrough and the Wolds coast line runs from Hull to Filey and Scarborough.

LOCAL HOTELS

01723-383636 who can help or visit www.discoveryorkshirecoast.com

BUYING TICKETS. Purchase first, then bring ID with you on the day of arrival.

Main suppliers -Goldsoul 01909-515150, Backtrack Records 07931-562260 , Whitby Tourism 01723-383636, Tickets and Accomodation. Or you can purchase from the following outlets; Whitby Pavilion Box Office, The Spa, Westcliff,Whitby, North Yorks YO21 3EN Tel; 01947-820625-open daily or Rob's Records, Hurts Yard ,Nottingham(Mon-Wed,Fri/Sat) and Sarah Evison(Staffordshire area) 07881-941817and from Steve Woomble(Hull area) woomble99@woomble99.karoo.co.uk

Live around LEEDS? Our newest ticket agent is open 6 days JUMBO Records,5-6,St Johns Centre,Leeds.

You can also obtain on line from;

www.ticketweb.co.uk

DATES

July 2nd - 4th- 2010

Running times Friday 3pm - 6pm and 9pm - 3am, Saturday 2pm - 6pm and 9pm - 4am, Sunday 2-12 mid, (Main room only) plus a Social Soul scene gathering in the Record Sellers Marketplace with DJ's spinning 'easy listening Soul' most of the weekend.

DJ's;

Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-- Sean Chapman- Richard Searling--Dave Evison--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H-Bob Hinsley- -Derek Mead-Snowy- Nige Brown-John Poole-Chris Dalton-Andy Bellwood - Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood-Nev Shooter-Finny-Dennis Bradbury plus more to be announced.

MUSIC POLICY

Motown / Northern / Modern / Rare in 2 Rooms plus the 'listen to' lounge in the Record Sellers foyer.

ADMITTANCE;

VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ.

You must bring corresponding ID with you along with your valid ticket, which should have your name and address completed on the back. We will not accept cash on the door unless by prior arrangement.

NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES.

DRESS CODE

Smart but casual DESCRIPTION OF EVENT Perfect for the over 30's. The UK's best loved DJ's playing Northern Soul Classics, Motown Floor-fillers, Youth Club memories, Rare and Underplayed Obscurities and Modern Soul Anthems from the 70's-2009!

INFO ON EVENT RECORD DEALERS / MERCHANDISING:

Any potential dealer must check in with us before the event. Selling / Trades are more than welcome but TABLE SALES must be reserved in advance. Email; sales@goldsoul.co.uk

Record Dealers/Merchandisers note; Goldsoul and the venues it promotes within cannot be held responsible for any illegal counterfeits, bootlegs and intellectual property right infringements that you may attempt to retail. Legitimate product only please.

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by The Golden 101
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Top Notch Weekender in the beautiful town of Whitby. Anually packed and featuring the best in Northern Soul, Motown and Modern Soul with the North's best loved DJ's. We are the original Yorkshire Soul Weekender.

VENUE Weekenders in seaside resorts are nothing new, but the pretty fishing port in North Yorkshire is so refreshing in comparison to other soul locations, that a visit to the 10th Whitby soul weekender in July 2011 is a 'can't miss' date for your diary.

Offering you THREE daytime sessions plus soul nights spread over three days, we have chosen a different presentation for the weekend from the other 'Friday through to Sunday packages' which allows for a relaxing weekend break as well as the time-honoured soul experience.

Two huge rooms at the Whitby Pavilion offering Northern Classics, In - demanders and Rare Soul (and what a superb dancefloor).

SOUL POINTS

The wonderful Whitby Pavilion provides us with a fantastic venue for a weekend pleasurefest of soul music and dancing. Simply book your own local accommodation to suit your budget!

Langborne Road

Whitby

North Yorkshire

YO21 1YN

Mobile:

ADDRESS OF VENUE

STYLE OF VENUE

A fantastic setting on the cliff top overlooking the bay. The Northern room holds approx 1200 with a downstairs Modern room capacity at 300. TOTAL 1,500

From South: M1/M18 or A1 to A64 / From North: A1/A19 to A171 or A 170 / From West: M62 to Hull, then A63/A165 (coastal route) or M62 towards Hull then A614 Howden, A163, B1249, A64 (country route)

Durections

BY RAIL:

Regular Inter-City trains run from London and Edinburgh, change at York for Scarborough and Filey, and across country from Liverpool/Manchester. The Esk Valley route to Whitby runs via Middlesbrough and the Wolds coast line runs from Hull to Filey and Scarborough.

LOCAL HOTELS

Main suppliers -Goldsoul 01909-515150, Backtrack Records 07931-562260 , Whitby Tourism 01723-383636, Tickets and Accomodation. Or you can purchase from the following outlets; Whitby Pavilion Box Office, The Spa, Westcliff,Whitby, North Yorks YO21 3EN Tel; 01947-820625-open daily or Rob's Records, Hurts Yard ,Nottingham(Mon-Wed,Fri/Sat) and Sarah Evison(Staffordshire area) 07881-941817and from Steve Woomble(Hull area) woomble99@woomble99.karoo.co.uk

Live around LEEDS? Our newest ticket agent is open 6 days JUMBO Records,5-6,St Johns Centre,Leeds.

www.ticketweb.co.uk

DATES

July 2nd - 4th- 2010

Running times Friday 3pm - 6pm and 9pm - 3am, Saturday 2pm - 6pm and 9pm - 4am, Sunday 2-12 mid, (Main room only) plus a Social Soul scene gathering in the Record Sellers Marketplace with DJ's spinning 'easy listening Soul' most of the weekend.

DJ's;

Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-- Sean Chapman- Richard Searling--Dave Evison--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H -Derek Mead-Snowy- Nige Brown-John Poole- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood - Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood-Nev Shooter- --Finny plus more to be announced.

MUSIC POLICY

Motown / Northern / Modern / Rare in 2 Rooms plus the 'listen to' lounge in the Record Sellers foyer.

ADMITTANCE;

You must bring corresponding ID with you along with your valid ticket, which should have your name and address completed on the back. We will not accept cash on the door unless by prior arrangement.

NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES.

DRESS CODE

Smart but casual DESCRIPTION OF EVENT Perfect for the over 30's. The UK's best loved DJ's playing Northern Soul Classics, Motown Floor-fillers, Youth Club memories, Rare and Underplayed Obscurities and Modern Soul Anthems from the 70's-2009!

Any potential dealer must check in with us before the event. Selling / Trades are more than welcome but TABLE SALES must be reserved in advance. Email; sales@goldsoul.co.uk

Record Dealers/Merchandisers note; Goldsoul and the venues it promotes within cannot be held responsible for any illegal counterfeits, bootlegs and intellectual property right infringements that you may attempt to retail. Legitimate product only please.

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

The original Yorkshire Weekender on the Heritage Coast & 10th anniversary thumbsup.gif

Great to see Richard Searling added to lineup :hatsoff2:

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GREAT NEWS kEV -WHITBY IS ALWAYS RATHER SPECIAL

Looking forward to catching up with you Andy and Denise, :hatsoff2: John and Julie, :thumbsup: Sean :yes: , Nige and Carms, wave.gif Sam, :yes: Ginger, :D Kev, :thumbsup: : and not forgetting that troublesome Derek Mead. :thumbsup:

Great people, Great venue, Awesome music and a Brilliant venue :thumbsup:

And then there's Fish and Chips :thumbsup:

Tickets sorted by Steve L Mansfields finest will be in attendance :) .........

See you there Steve

Looking forward to catching up with you Andy and Denise, :lol: John and Julie, :lol: Sean :wave: , Nige and Carms, :wave: Sam, :shades: Ginger, :yes: Kev, thumbsup.gif : and not forgetting that troublesome Derek Mead. :pirate:

Great people, Great venue, Awesome music and a Brilliant venue :D

See you there Steve

Too right , looking at the DJ line up its really is gonna be a 10th anniversary special .

Denise will have her dancing shoes on for sure .

Already getting a few requests - Fats Domino 'its raining', R L Burnside 'its bad you know', Tommy Neal 'going to the happening , Joe Turner 'two loves have' - any more please pm me and if i've got them, they'll go in the play boxes for the main room and market place freestyle sessions. :yes:

Edited by andybellwood

Looking forward to catching up with you Andy and Denise, :thumbup: John and Julie, :( Sean :) , Nige and Carms, :wave: Sam, :lol: Ginger, :yes: Kev, :thumbsup: : and not forgetting that troublesome Derek Mead. :lol:

Great people, Great venue, Awesome music and a Brilliant venue :lol:

See you there Steve

We always enjoy your company bro :thumbsup:

Looking forward to hearing you in Julles Rare and Underplayed room again memories of the Herbie Mann track last July!!

Wont be long now!!

Whitby!!! ,,,,,,, Why have mince when we got Fillit Steak !! :yes::thumbsup:

Seeya there bro

Nige

We always enjoy your company bro :lol:

Looking forward to hearing you in Julles Rare and Underplayed room again memories of the Herbie Mann track last July!!

Wont be long now!!

Whitby!!! ,,,,,,, Why have mince when we got Fillit Steak !! :yes::lol:

Seeya there bro

Nige

Hi Nige

I did enjoyed myself last year, Tomiko Jones and Herbie Mann, great tune always reminds me of Whitby :D

It will soon be with us and I can't wait

:D .

A reminder of the rundown for WHITBY 2011(10 years as the original NorthYorkshire Soul Weekender)

Friday, July 1st. Check in from 3pm. Record and Merchandisers from 1(Please note..all space is Sold out)

Music in the Marketplace from 3. Main room from 4. Close 6pm.

Re-open at 9pm with the Main room, Modern Cellar and Marketplace.

Saturday 2-6, 9-3.30 Sunday 2-12(Main room and Marketplace)

Accomodation queries to 01947-602124(they sell tickets too)

PLEASE NOTE.... No paying on the door. Don't forget to bring I.D

Really looking fowrad to it , doing an extra night this year so we can enjoy the Sunday much more and come down with a nice meal in the evening.

I am determined to go to the abbey this time :) and I am defo taking the picnic basket to accompany the deck chair.

Looking forward to catching up with the market traders ph34r.gif and spinning this years buys.

And with Carmen reminding us what a lovely town WHITBY is.......here's the line-up for the 10th Soul Weekender at the Pavilion.

July 1st-3rd-2011:

MAIN ROOM- FRIDAY-3-6 Finny, Jason Kavanagh and Dennis Bradbury.

9 Dennis Bradbury 10 Snowy 11 Ginger 12.30 Sean Chapman 1.30 Mick H 3 Close

SATURDAY- 2 Sam Evans 3 John Poole 5 Nev Shooter 6 Close

9 Eddy Edmondson 10 Richard Searling 11 Kev Roberts

12 Ginger 1.30 Nige Brown 2.30 Dave Ev 3.30 Close

SUNDAY: 2 Andy Bellwood 3 Nige Brown 4 Ginger Taylor 5.30 Soul Sam 6.30 Nev Shooter 7.30 Chris Dalton 8.30 Sean Chapman 10.00 Snowy and Friends 12 Mid end

MODERN Room. FRIDAY- 10 Steve Woomble 11.30 Eddy Edmondson 12.30 Phil Kingswood 2 Soul Sam 3 Close

SATURDAY- 3 Soul Sam, 4 Sean Chapman, 5 Derek Mead 6 Close

9 Sam Evans 10 Bob Hinsley 11.30 Richard Searling

12.30 Derek Mead 1.30 Steve Woomble 2.30 Soul Sam 3.30 Close

COLLECTORS MARKETPLACE.....

Friday 3-6pm Finny and Friends 9pm Julie H 10 Andy Bellwood 11 Barry Cooper 12 Derek Mead 1 Andy Hudson 2 Close

Saturday 1pm Julian Metcalfe 2 Kev Roberts 3 Dave West's Unusual Motown 4 Carmen 5 CLOSE 9pm Michael Perrins 10 Killa 11 Soul Sam 12 Mid Julie H 1 John Heaney 2 Andy Baskett 3 Close

Sunday 1 Julie H/John Heaney 2 Kev Roberts 3 Sean Chapman 4 Finny 5 Close

Join our group on FACEBOOK Whitby Soul Weekender

www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=198386996841113

Ticket update..Less than 80 All Weekend passes left. Saturday only(Ltd only via Website only) Sunday All Dayer-Available

www.goldsoul.co.uk

Txt for any details 0784-1197874

Shame about the Obvious Snipes at Whitby on the Brid thread yet again by some individual!!!! ohmy.gif

Thought this sort of thing was moderated! :lol:

Totally unnecessarey ,,, i personally hope they all have a great weekend at Brid,, Punters DJs , Promoters ,,, EVERYONE!!:hatsoff2:

Both weekends will be well supported and people WILL ENJOY both weekends

Isnt that what its all about

KTF thats a bloody laugh,,,, those three letters get lost along the way with some people!!

Anyway YES lets have another goodn at Old Whitters!!

Nige B ,,,, DJ with agenda to please THATS ALL!!:shades::D

Edited by Nige Brown
Guest Glawsters Best

i think i'm finally sorted with the hotel (it'll teach me to wait until the last minute) roll on the 1st :thumbsup: if not its a tent on the Beach biggrin.gif

Edited by Glawsters Best
Guest dazzzzler

top 2 weekends of the year for me,start wi brid then whitby just what the doctor orderd,all we need now is some nice weather and we cant grumble,,bring it on.:thumbsup:

HEY UP ANDY, HAD A FEW REQUESTS MYSELF BUT SOD IT I'M GONNA COME ANYWAY

HERES LAST YEARS PLAYLIST WONT BE BRINGING ANY OF THESE UNLESS THEY GET REQUESTED BEFORE SETTING OFFI LOVE THE LIFE I LIVE....TONY MICHAELS...........GOLDEN WORLD...............BABY BOY.......JUANITA WILLIAMS.......GOLDEN WORLD................COME SEE ABOUT ME.....CHOKER CAMPBELL......U.S.MOTOWN..................SINCE I LOST YOU GIRL....THE MONITORS..............V.I.P..................LONELY LOVER........MARVIN GAYE....U.K.MOTOWN...................DONT PITY ME.......THELMA HOUSTON........U.K.MOTOWN...................SO MANY SIDES OF YOU....BOBBY WOMACK........U.K.MOTOWN..................JUST A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING.....BUSTA JONES..............U.S.SPRING.....................

TAKE ME GIRL I'M READY.......ERIC...MERCURY...........U.S.COLUMBIA..................WHATS EASY FOR TWO...........MARY WELLS............U.S.MOTOWNSHAKE ME WAKE ME.......BARBARA .........U.S.COLUMBIA...................BABY I NEED YOUR LOVING.......GAYLE ADAMS............U.S.PRELUDE....................YOU CANT STOP A MAN IN LOVE.....................REUBEN..HOWELL........U.S.MOTOWN...................YOU CAN COME RIGHT BACK TO ME...............DAVID RUFFIN...............U.S.MOTOWN.....................GOOD LOVIN IS JUST A DIME AWAY....THE ORIGINALS.........U.S.MOTOWN...................JUST WANNA GET THE FEEL OF IT.........BLOODSTONE...U.S.MOTOWN..................HONEY BEE (ORIGINAL VERSION).......DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES....FRENCH MOTOWN................I JUST WANTED TO CRY..........EDWIN STAR.......GERMAN MOTOWN..................MISERY MAKES ITS HOME IN MY HEART.........DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES.....DUTCH MOTOWN......................BACKSTABBERS..........JIMMY RUFFIN....U.K.EMI..................YOUR SONG...........FOUR TOPS.....U.K.CALIBRE................I HAVE FAITH IN YOU..........EDWIN STARR......U.K.POLYDOR.................SIGNED,SEALED,DELIVERED I'M YOURS.........CALIFORNIA RAISINS..........U.S.ATLANTIC

GOT A FEW SUPRISES .....GOOD AND BAD ......GONNA BE A LAUGH IF NOWT ELSE

Westy

Edited by Daveboogaloo

HEY UP ANDY, HAD A FEW REQUESTS MYSELF BUT SOD IT I'M GONNA COME ANYWAY

HERES LAST YEARS PLAYLIST WONT BE BRINGING ANY OF THESE UNLESS THEY GET REQUESTED BEFORE SETTING OFFI LOVE THE LIFE I LIVE....TONY MICHAELS...........GOLDEN WORLD...............BABY BOY.......JUANITA WILLIAMS.......GOLDEN WORLD................COME SEE ABOUT ME.....CHOKER CAMPBELL......U.S.MOTOWN..................SINCE I LOST YOU GIRL....THE MONITORS..............V.I.P..................LONELY LOVER........MARVIN GAYE....U.K.MOTOWN...................DONT PITY ME.......THELMA HOUSTON........U.K.MOTOWN...................SO MANY SIDES OF YOU....BOBBY WOMACK........U.K.MOTOWN..................JUST A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING.....BUSTA JONES..............U.S.SPRING.....................

TAKE ME GIRL I'M READY.......ERIC...MERCURY...........U.S.COLUMBIA..................WHATS EASY FOR TWO...........MARY WELLS............U.S.MOTOWNSHAKE ME WAKE ME.......BARBARA .........U.S.COLUMBIA...................BABY I NEED YOUR LOVING.......GAYLE ADAMS............U.S.PRELUDE....................YOU CANT STOP A MAN IN LOVE.....................REUBEN..HOWELL........U.S.MOTOWN...................YOU CAN COME RIGHT BACK TO ME...............DAVID RUFFIN...............U.S.MOTOWN.....................GOOD LOVIN IS JUST A DIME AWAY....THE ORIGINALS.........U.S.MOTOWN...................JUST WANNA GET THE FEEL OF IT.........BLOODSTONE...U.S.MOTOWN..................HONEY BEE (ORIGINAL VERSION).......DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES....FRENCH MOTOWN................I JUST WANTED TO CRY..........EDWIN STAR.......GERMAN MOTOWN..................MISERY MAKES ITS HOME IN MY HEART.........DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES.....DUTCH MOTOWN......................BACKSTABBERS..........JIMMY RUFFIN....U.K.EMI..................YOUR SONG...........FOUR TOPS.....U.K.CALIBRE................I HAVE FAITH IN YOU..........EDWIN STARR......U.K.POLYDOR.................SIGNED,SEALED,DELIVERED I'M YOURS.........CALIFORNIA RAISINS..........U.S.ATLANTIC

GOT A FEW SUPRISES .....GOOD AND BAD ......GONNA BE A LAUGH IF NOWT ELSE

Westy

would love to hear reuben howell again thumbsup.gif
Guest dazzzzler

SOUL POINTS

Langborne Road

Whitby

North Yorkshire

YO21 1YN

Mobile:

ADDRESS OF VENUE

STYLE OF VENUE

Durections

BY RAIL:

LOCAL HOTELS

www.ticketweb.co.uk

DATES

July 2nd - 4th- 2010

DJ's;

Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-- Sean Chapman- Richard Searling--Dave Evison--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H-Bob Hinsley- -Derek Mead-Snowy- Nige Brown-John Poole-Chris Dalton-Andy Bellwood - Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood-Nev Shooter-Finny-Dennis Bradbury plus more to be announced.

MUSIC POLICY

ADMITTANCE;

NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES.

DRESS CODE

got spare ticket if anyone wants one.thumbsup.gif

DJ's;

Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-- Sean Chapman- Richard Searling--Dave Evison--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H -Derek Mead-Snowy- Nige Brown-John Poole- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood - Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood-Nev Shooter- --Finny plus more to be announced. :yes:

superb line up of dj's to give music to die for .. top venue , and whitby such a lovely place.. so laid back :(

roll on the weekend !

pete n' susan ktf :lol:

Guest dazzzzler

Forecast for the weekend......

post-1213-0-32963400-1309430278_thumb.jp + post-1213-0-50879600-1309430305_thumb.gi + post-1213-0-99279300-1309430289_thumb.pn = post-1213-0-47918800-1309430741_thumb.pn

all weekend ticket ,£25. txt 07748981432 .:unsure: weather lukin good folks :thumbsup:

Edited by dazzzzler
Guest dazzzzler

:rolleyes: well thats two weekenders done ,now need to recover,enjoyed evrything thrown my way,only missed one since it started here ,music ,venue,people weather ,digs all step up to grade,thumbsup.gif .only gripe i have is bulk of tables takeing two much space up on dance floor,i know people want to sit but thin the tables out. that floor is top grade dont cover it up .dont try to fix something that isnt broken.roll on next year well done..:D

A hearty thanks to all who attended. A gorgeous weekend of weather and one of the best crowd's I have witnessed in a while.

Intelligent, interesting and balanced conversations.

Special thanks to Vicky Pilkington, Lynn Snow and the Reception team. And of course the loyal fans who supported a sell out 10th Whitby Weekender

See you July 6-8, 2012