Lowton Room With A View

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Brill nite some superb rare soul played in the big room all nite Mick H WOW tunes or what Combinations, Mello Souls 45,s like that came one after the other

and kept the dancefloor movin, quite a few in the room wi a view top tunes played all nite plenty more soulies in than the last few months as well

Great pity that we only have two more LOWTON CIVIC SOUL NITES LEFT THE LAST LOWTON WILL BE IN SEPT All the people involved in Lowton Civic soul nites from the very beggining 14 years ago to the present day deserve a massive THANK YOU for bring the UK Northern Soul Scene such a teriffic venue year after year Kev Murphy & Co

take a bow one of the best long running soul clubs ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great pity that we only have two more LOWTON CIVIC SOUL NITES LEFT THE LAST LOWTON WILL BE IN SEPT

Steve was telling us last night that there is only going to be two more Lowtons :D

We were gutted not to make it on Friday due to car trouble. I knew we would miss a cracker.

Come on people... lets make the last two nights at Lowton two of the best nights ever :lol:

Yes it was a really great night, despite the numbers.

Well done Mick H for keeping both rooms buzzing, and with such enthusiasm...Hope you enjoyed your birthday celebrations? and cheers for the drink you bought for everyone in the 'room with a view' :thumbsup:

What an absolute shame that there is only 2 more Lowtons!!!! We were talking about the times when you could'nt get on the car park, you had to park on the grass at the back!!! It does'nt seem that long ago???

We can't make the August one, but will definately be at the last one in September.

Well lets start with the sad news. LOWTON CIVIC HALL is to close its doors after the last event there in September.

Another great venue that has to go by the wayside. These places are rapidly running out. If this carries on we will all be listening to our beloved soul music sat in our armchairs festering in old age. I certainly dont want that to happen so lets all get off our fat arses and give this place a send off to be remembered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway on with the lookback.

Mick H's birthday bash and all expectations were lived up to to the full. Mick, a true gent on the scene and such awesome records. We were all treated to a night of quality soul music this man is accustomed to playing. Thanks Mick, fantastic night had by all off us, hope you had a great Birthday as well? Certainly looked like you were mate!!!!!

Baz Meleady was our other guest in "room with a view" this month, This man has got the lot, quality all the way from start to finish. Thanks Baz, you never let us down. ( As if you could ) ha ha.

Anyway playlist from me.

Toe Jam---Freedom in soul---Buffalo Soldier

Enchanters---On a little island---Tee Pee

Venturas---When we first met---Daniels

Commands---I've got love for my baby---Dynamic

Albert Jones---I do love you---Tri-City

Differences---Five minutes---Monca

Cloudburst---I'm loving you---Stormy Monday

Invisible mans band---Really wanna see you---Boardwalk

Ernie Johnson---Big man cry---Steph and Lee

Garland Green---Running scared---Cotillion

Wayne Carter---Mad mouth woman---Mootreys

Damn Sam---The miracle man---Tayster

Lattimore Brown---So says my heart---Sound stage 7

Aretha Franklin---Save me---Atlantic

Mods---Dry my eyes---Fona

Frankie and the Damons---Man from soul---JCP

Stemmons Express---Love power---Wand

Otis Clay---Show place---One derful

Bud Harper---Let me love you---Vocalion

Thats the lot from me,

Big thanks to Steve Green and Bob Cornock, two great friends with impeccable taste and collections to match. Great fun with these lads. Cheers!!!!!!

Anyway two more Lowtons to go so get off your lasy arses and get them down to LOWTON !!!!! Lets go out with a BIG BANG.

Have we got two nights of top quality soul music lined up for you. Believe me!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Edited by karl

Not been to Lowton for a couple of month's, so I was looking forward to this one, especially 'room with a view' (spent most of my time in there), and I wasn't disappointed, absolutely brilliant night with top class company and a mad birthday bash to boot, superb music by everyone behind the deck's, guest's and resident dj's alike, nice to hear Baz (in the likkle room for a change) and birthday boy Mick spinning quality set's, also the usual motley crew of Karl, Steve n' Bob doing what they do best, treating us with great mixed set's that had something for everyone, was one of those night's that you wanted it to go on for another hour or two:thumbup: .

Steve, thank's for the Vimto..................suffered yesterday for it tho:blink: lol.

Well done guy's:hatsoff2: .

Willie

ps, Joan/Tony, didn't know that you had prob's with the car, I could have picked you both up, you'll be most welcome.......anytime.

Edited by Soulgrit

Well what a quality night that was great tunes and great fun with top people .

A very big THANKYOU to all who came to support the night and give Mick H a birthday celebration to remember..:hatsoff2:

Our guests in the Room With A View were Mick H and Baz Maleady I knew we were gonna get treated to some brilliant soul and thats what we got quality all the way, stand out track for me of the night was micks new wanderers one of the best tunes ive heard this year yes.gif

Bob and Karl brilliant as allways lads :thumbsup:

Hope to see more of you at the next one on august the 13th with 2 great guests Jumping Joan and Lenny Dopson really looking forward to this so please all make the effort to support Lowton as September will be the last one:(:no:

Edited by cenco
Guest ruppy

Well a big thanks to all who made it such a great night,birthday celebrations mad hatters that's what was install at a room with a view,

Steve,Karl,Bob,Mandy, Vicky ,Mick,Brigitte,& Mo,thanks for the cards,the JD & Birthday cake

Great Music all night and most important great people to

Sad that there is only two installments left,before Lowton closes it doors for the last time

hope you guys find another home,you deserve to carry on what you started,a credit to you all for dedication & Love of soul music you bring to a great venue

A special Thanks to Kev Murphy for putting up with me for the last ten years ,it has been such a pleasure,this the longest running soul night in the UK.sadly comes to a end in September,well done Kev a true gent and a great promoter,i know Lowton will be packed to the rafters in September,but ask yourself those who will attend on the night were has your support been lately ? especially the locals from wigan & Manchester ,etc,shame on you,

Mick H

Edited by ruppy

Brill nite some superb rare soul played in the big room all nite Mick H WOW tunes or what Combinations, Mello Souls 45,s like that came one after the other

and kept the dancefloor movin, quite a few in the room wi a view top tunes played all nite plenty more soulies in than the last few months as well

Great pity that we only have two more LOWTON CIVIC SOUL NITES LEFT THE LAST LOWTON WILL BE IN SEPT All the people involved in Lowton Civic soul nites from the very beggining 14 years ago to the present day deserve a massive THANK YOU for bring the UK Northern Soul Scene such a teriffic venue year after year Kev Murphy & Co

take a bow one of the best long running soul clubs ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Echo all the above, top night, the boys in the Room with a View stepped it up a gear, I really liked Bob Cornock's sets, post em up Bob and take a bow, you deserve it.

Well done to all, what will we do when this place has gone :g:

Guest bobwartcock

Hi brother wartcock here,for once i'm not going to talk too much about the music that was played anybody who has been to room with a view knows what to exspect..... It was worth being in our little room just to share in the celebrations of mick h's birthday and be in the company of his soul crew what a great bunch of people they are top laugh,,where was puppet steve :( and not forgetting baz some top tunes m8...

Thankyou Tony for your comments regarding what i played and everyone else who have posted positve comments about the room you are the guys who need to take a bow for all your loyal support :thumbup: no playlists from me you know my feeling on that i don't like looking at playlists i like to be there and hear whats played on the night and also experiance the passion seeing the vinyl on the decks and thats how i find out whats being played i think thats what you call supporting the scene sermon over brother wartcock thumbsup.gif

see you all in the chappel of soul next month and don't forget it all finishes in september!!!!!!!!

Edited by bobwartcock

Source Advert