Modstock / Crossfire

Guest Kolla

Guest Kolla

This Sunday (30th) sees a special one-off London Northern Soul All Nighter.

As part of the big Modstock weekender at the Rocket, 166 Holloway Rd N7 (https://www.newuntouchables.com for info) there will be a 12.30-6.30am Northern event at this legendary ballroom; presented along the same lines as the Crossfire soul nights.

6TS resident purveyors of super rareties Butch and Ady will be joined by London stalwarts Irish Greg, Jo Wallace and Alan Handscombe and token Northerner Roger Banks will be knocking out one of his sparkling soul sets.

Prior to the nighter in the same room is a live appearance from legendary 60s soul/beat group The Action if you want to get into that as well, tickets are £17, if you just want to do the nighter it's £12 after 12.30 am, pay on the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also as part of the Modstock weekender, Bar Italia Scooter Club are organising a ride-out around London on the Saturday (29th). Anyone with a geared scooter is welcome. For full details visit: https://www.biscl.com/forthcoming_events/runs.htm or contact Al directly.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest in town Mikey

Geared up Scooters??

Mine ran on 2 star and a bit of oil.

Modern Technology heh? They can do anything now!

Kolla this is really bad, this coment will take the world of Scootering back 20 years.. What about all the people out there that have bought new Twat and go's, arn't they welcome?

teehee, my baby is 16 in August and asked me last week if he could have a real scooter like mine instead of a new one, got an old 50 log book, might re-register my 90 and let him have that ;-)))

My mate Billy who is going to this wants to know if the "smart dress" code will apply to the soul room, or won't the soulies be able to mix in the other rooms? I asked on the mod list but not had a reply from them, and on there they said no trainers?!!!!

Guest Kolla

Kolla this is really bad, this coment will take the world of Scootering back 20 years.. What about all the people out there that have bought new Twat and go's, arn't they welcome?

Sorry Mischief, my message wasn't very clear and you're right - having re-read it, it does sound a bit totalitarian.

SO!... just to clarify then... Although Bar Italia SC has always had a policy of 'geared' scooters only, this shouldn't deter any Twist n' Goers joining the ride-out and taking part in the day's events.

Guest in town Mikey

Only just realised this is Sunday night and not Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Oh well I cant make it. Will be in a drunken heap somewhere in Cardiff, either celebrating Bristol City's wonderful promotion, or crying miserably, because those rotten lot from Brighton mugged us.

Might try to get down to Mark Houghton's do. He sent me this email, with details, for anyone who likes a bit of modern:

Only a couple of days to go for the latest "Monumental Soul" (Saturday 29th May).The night runs from 8 till 2 with £6 admission and takes place at The Britannia,20 Monument St London EC3 (turn right out of Monument tube and walk 50 yards).Dj`s Mole,Mark Houghton,Miles Eastwick and Niki Golding will be playing a selection of quality,Modern,Crossover and Independant Soul.

Hope to see some you there

Cheers

Mark