2011-06-24: Bridlington Spa Northern Soul Weekender

First time at Brid for me and one of me mates up from Northants and loved it to bits. Pretty much divided our time between the main room & modern room with the odd spell in the rare room.

Something for everyone there I think it's fair to say and not being a seasoned weekender attendee it was great to be dancing mid afternoon Saturday and Sunday then walk outside squinting at the bright sun and all the peeps on the beach etc.

Superb music, great dancing, very friendly people and really well organised. Shame in a way it all had to stop for a couple hours late Saturday afternoon but probably just as well on reflection!

Great to meet Pat Brady & Lynne after only speaking from a distance this last couple of years (not so great to spend more money on 45's which I hadn't planned on spending mind you!).

Already in the diary for next year and hope we can actually get somewhere to stay in Brid next time rather than having to trek a further 20 odd miles up to Scarborough!

Very well done to the ECSC and all the DJs (and venue staff...even if they did get friendly grief when trying to clear us from the modern room just after 5.30 on Saturday!).

hatsoff2.gif

Really hilarious moment that saturday afternoon end of sessionthumbsup.gif I had really been enjoying myself behind the decksblink.gif when in storms the security guy OI WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING he shouts at me !! I tried to explain that my name isnt OI , and that I didnt realise it was just after 5pm and everyone was having a ball and could I just let this record finish before everyone left . PUT IT THIS WAY I DONT LIKE BEING THREATENED BY SOMEONE PULLING THE PLUG OUT , so I suggested to everyone that they should show some sign of disapproval , when everyone did so (I must stress in a very humorous wayph34r.gif ) no sense of humour at all this guy, and the look on his face was priceless as he shouted for "back up" into his radio ,we just fell about laughing , the security staff ..0 punters..1 .

On a more serious note thought the best bit of the weekend for me was without a doubt the fantastic crowd that partied non stop , a real pleasure to play to them , those afternoon sessions were so enjoyable in the Modern/crossover room so a huge THANK YOU to everyone that joined us and made it so special thumbup.gif Steve

• Replies 331
  • Views 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Really hilarious moment that saturday afternoon end of sessionthumbsup.gif I had really been enjoying myself behind the decksblink.gif when in storms the security guy OI WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING he shouts at me !! I tried to explain that my name isnt OI , and that I didnt realise it was just after 5pm and everyone was having a ball and could I just let this record finish before everyone left . PUT IT THIS WAY I DONT LIKE BEING THREATENED BY SOMEONE PULLING THE PLUG OUT , so I suggested to everyone that they should show some sign of disapproval , when everyone did so (I must stress in a very humorous wayph34r.gif ) no sense of humour at all this guy, and the look on his face was priceless as he shouted for "back up" into his radio ,we just fell about laughing , the security staff ..0 punters..1 .

On a more serious note thought the best bit of the weekend for me was without a doubt the fantastic crowd that partied non stop , a real pleasure to play to them , those afternoon sessions were so enjoyable in the Modern/crossover room so a huge THANK YOU to everyone that joined us and made it so special thumbup.gif Steve

F'cking laffin my ass off ,wish i had been there kinnel priceless :yes::D:yes::lol::D

They were a prob for us at the weekend and we had numerous meetings with management regarding them they wont be there next year our old team will be back , It was the bird pumped up on testosterone .... i had a few run in with them , indeed i did i told to go f##k themselves in the toilet

Edited by Naughty Boy

What can I say. First time at Brid for me. BRILLIANT weekend. Friday night was something special. Everyone up for it and the atmosphere top notch in all rooms. Just want to say a big thanks to all involved for the superb organisation and choice. Something for everyone. Enjoyed all the rooms. Tickets for next year already booked. Once again THANKS for the best 3 days in years...:yes:

You handled it well I have to say Steve, and didn't need to prompt us all too much to show our discontent with some friendly 'Booooooo's"! I thought the guy was joking at first but he was a genuine ar$e jobsworthyes.gif. At least it wasn't that sublime Pro-facinations 45 you played that got cut short. Amazing record which I hadn't heard before (now a firm "need" if I can ever find and afford one!) and great spots all round. How good is that unissued Black Box track too? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a copy of that sometime somewhere. Too many other great tunes heard and I'm already working on building up enough points for a pass to Scarborough.

Well done again,

Steve.hatsoff2.gif

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Think were just recovering !!

But as always a great weekend had by our gang, Fifth year now, and yes agree with Yocky earlier the 3Bs had a brilliant atmosphere and the best

security staff id met anywhere , however think this been my favorite to date..

Love the build up from the Thursday in the Southcliff, right up until draggin our tired arses to the car on the Monday,

Best value Weekender on the scene IMO, I tend to dash between the Main and Modern Room, but also spent time in the others

this year, Fab all round,

Would like the Moderm room to be a bit bigger, or if not the Air Con to be more consisitant, sure it kept being turned off, unless it

was because the modern room was so full ??

Keep up the great work back for more next year

Ali x

The female bouncer was a complete nutter,she just picked on people for no reason. I witnessed this first hand as I had to drag some young lass from Barnsley outside before she twated her,in hindsight I should have just left her to it :D:unsure: . Glad you've sorted it for next year :thumbsup: xx

Guest hurryup

The highlight of the weekend for me was watching my little grandson, Owen, making his debut at a northern soul venue on Saturday afternoon - absolutely priceless :thumbsup: See below post

Edited by hurryup

The female bouncer was a complete nutter,she just picked on people for no reason. I witnessed this first hand as I had to drag some young lass from Barnsley outside before she twated her,in hindsight I should have just left her to it :D :D . Glad you've sorted it for next year :thumbsup: xx

Yes Kirsty , She was the one i think she was on some kind of mission what that was i have no idea, But i have her SIA number co details etc they will not be there next year period , Old team back that have aways done their job in the exact way but friendly smiley and not in ya face. The problem is and we have had this at other venues ..they get bored so look to cause grief in the hopes it may kick off :ohmy: I recall when had the pre event brief i thought jeeez what a load of #ossers :thumbsup: its very rare i get a persons character wrong

Guest hurryup

The highlight of the weekend for me was watching my little grandson, Owen, making his debut at a northern soul venue on Saturday afternoon - absolutely priceless :thumbsup:

well the dingles and duckworths had a crackin w/end and we have booked the digs for next year

read a few niggly complaints on here but hey ho name me a w/ender or niter that is perfect.

this has got to be the best run, most friendly and the greatest value for money w/ender there is ,

and the musics not bad too (apart from the numpty in the main room who played supershit)

and had he nicked the top tier off blackpool tower to put on his bonce :D

even the sun shone for us and had a couple of mornin rides on us scoots to filey and scabby,

all in all the most magnorious of w/ends.:thumbsup:

oi Numpty :D thought Gran would have brought his to have a run out :ohmy:

Yes Kirsty , She was the one i think she was on some kind of mission what that was i have no idea, But i have her SIA number co details etc they will not be there next year period , Old team back that have aways done their job in the exact way but friendly smiley and not in ya face. The problem is and we have had this at other venues ..they get bored so look to cause grief in the hopes it may kick off :thumbsup: I recall when had the pre event brief i thought jeeez what a load of #ossers :ohmy: its very rare i get a persons character wrong

did you hire the security firm, or are they provided by the spa ?, i thought the testoserone fueled female was quite fit, well she was on saturday night after i'd downed a dozen pints

did you hire the security firm, or are they provided by the spa ?, i thought the testoserone fueled female was quite fit, well she was on saturday night after i'd downed a dozen pints

Yes mate they come to us via the Spa ... who use two companies ..:thumbsup: no matter how we tried to explain how things should be done they just could not grasp it comes with only having two brains cells lights are on but nobody there ... the harder we tried the worse they became :ohmy::D :D :thumbsup:laugh.gif:(:lol:

Edited by Naughty Boy

Yes mate they come to us via the Spa ... who use two companies ..:thumbsup: no matter how we tried to explain how things should be done they just could not grasp it comes with only having two brains cells lights are on but nobody there ... the harder we tried the worse they became :ohmy::D :D :thumbsup:laugh.gif:(:lol:

i noticed on sunday morning when you were having that meeting, i thought you were going to throttle that guy from the spa

theres no need to have all that security, just stick cockney steve on the door....sorted

Edited by soulman1964

i noticed on sunday morning when you were having that meeting, i thought you were going to throttle that guy from the spa

theres no need to have all that security, just stick cockney steve on the door....sorted

Trev steve would nic all the ale lol

Anyways to sum up the few little hiccups :thumbsup:

.... Security sorted for next year ( DONE ) :thumbsup: Spa staff brill anyway :ohmy:

Soundsystem fooking awesome ( never before have i had the pleasure to listen to northern on a system like that ) just remember the hf speakers for the folks that stand to the rear of base bins :D

Bar we will have more serious meetings on this matter over the coming months ( although i do know of many other venues why they have a worse problem with less in ) but will do what we can :D

Mitch and I thank you for allowing "Blackhearts" to play in your clubroom ... we enjoyed our session and from the reaction ... the punters did too :thumbsup: .. ( playlist now on "event playlist" thread )

It was also fun to do a couple of Motown spots for you too on Saturday .. the room was more busy than we expected !

A successful weekender .. superb socially .. and overall the music was superb ..

roll on next year

pete n' mitch ... Blackheart soul club ¢í¢"ž¢¥

BLACKHEARTS ¢í¢"ž¢¥ "OLDIES" ALL NIGHTER 22ND OCTOBER only £8.00 ¢í¢"ž¢¥ www.blackheartsoul.co.uk ¢í¢"ž¢¥ NOW WITH TWO ROOMS !!

Edited by casper

There is one thing I might suggest re the bar situation....While shopping round the town on saturday got chatting to a lad working in the shop who spotted our wristbands and asked were we at the weekender and was it good . He said he had been there in the past and enjoyed the music as he listened while working behind the bar!! Now to me all the bar staff working at the spa seemed very good and quick ,so I asked why does it take so long to get served??. Easy he said , doesnt matter how many bar staff you have in there at one time there are not enough tills , thats what slows everything down as the bar staff are always waiting to get on the till!! He really does have a point I think a few more tills installed would probably work wonders , suggest it to the council see if they take it on boardthumbsup.gif .

Steve

Edited by sjay
Guest BintofSoul

The Sisters of Soul and JB had a fantastic time. We LOVE Brid! This is the best weekender. There is something for everyone. I love the RnB room and really enjoyed John Moffatt's set and Rich Evans, who had the last slot on Friday night. Shame really as he played some great tunes. Maybe next year he'll get a prime slot?

Were all booked for next year so see you then!

Nicki

There is one thing I might suggest re the bar situation....While shopping round the town on saturday got chatting to a lad working in the shop who spotted our wristbands and asked were we at the weekender and was it good . He said he had been there in the past and enjoyed the music as he listened while working behind the bar!! Now to me all the bar staff working at the spa seemed very good and quick ,so I asked why does it take so long to get served??. Easy he said , doesnt matter how many bar staff you have in there at one time there are not enough tills , thats what slows everything down as the bar staff are always waiting to get on the till!! He really does have a point I think a few more tills installed would probably work wonders , suggest it to the council see if the take it on boardthumbsup.gif .

Steve

Yes mate thats what we have been told too , its trying the get them to do it but it is on our agenda i can assure you ...:yes: .. like we have said before we look at everything we never rest on our arse :lol::lol: we have a debrief in a few weeks :thumbsup:

Edited by Naughty Boy

The Sisters of Soul and JB had a fantastic time. We LOVE Brid! This is the best weekender. There is something for everyone. I love the RnB room and really enjoyed John Moffatt's set and Rich Evans, who had the last slot on Friday night. Shame really as he played some great tunes. Maybe next year he'll get a prime slot?

Were all booked for next year so see you then!

Nicki

Hi Nicki

Thanks very much for the mention - really chuffed you liked my spots. The R&B room goes from strength to strength, the atmosphere, particularly Saturday, was awsome. There were some great sets from the other DJs. Thanks to Rob, Rob and Pat for inviting me back. Already looking forward to next year, if required, of course. Come and introduce yourself next time. BTW if you want a pair of CDs that I'm putting together, please send me your address. No charge, it's all for the love of the music.

All t'best

John

Yes mate thats what we have been told too , its trying the get them to do it but it is on our agenda i can assure you ...:yes: .. like we have said before we look at everything we never rest on our arse :lol::lol: we have a debrief in a few weeks :thumbsup:

Come across something on Owls Talk football forum which sounds interesting. Apparently there are some new machines that have come out from Germany or the Netherlands that serve beer on tap. The thing about these machines is that you buy tokens £20 or £50 or whatever beforehand and go to the bar put your token in the machine press a button and it serves you lager/bitter/cider etc without the use of a till. And it is also self service. They are considering trying this at some football grounds to cut out he 20 minute half time queing and general bedlam that takes place. I saw this several weeks ago but can't find the thread for it now but it might be worth investigating..

Our D thought she was well fit too,along with the lass from Barnsley & just stand on the sidelines drooling :lol::yes: pmsl about cockney steve xx

Our D thought she was well fit too,along with the lass from Barnsley & just stand on the sidelines drooling :D:lol: pmsl about cockney steve xx

You better make D an appointment at the opticians Kirsty....:yes:

We saw that lass from the Gestapo walking around Brid earlier in the day and she had a mustache just like Adolph Hitler....:thumbsup::lol:laugh.gif

You better make D an appointment at the opticians Kirsty....ohmy.gif

We saw that lass from the Gestapo walking around Brid earlier in the day and she had a mustache just like Adolph Hitler....laugh.gif:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

He he, did she, I must admit he only saw her in the dark x

Guest Donz

It was my first time at brid, and i have to say that it's the only time i've walked into a venue thats stopped me in my tracks and said WOW! what a beuatiful room that main room is, also liked the r nb room, spent most of my time between the rare room and modern room, the music was great, paricularly liked John Parkers spots, highlights for me: meeting "the breakfast club" in our b&b (Maureen and Mark from Doncaster, he sounded like an extra from kes, i could have listened to him all day! and Colin from Nottingham,) the shops, the beuatiful seafront, going on a jetboat, and getting 9 cd's off people.

Donna

It was my first time at brid, and i have to say that it's the only time i've walked into a venue thats stopped me in my tracks and said WOW! what a beuatiful room that main room is, also liked the r nb room, spent most of my time between the rare room and modern room, the music was great, paricularly liked John Parkers spots, highlights for me: meeting "the breakfast club" in our b&b (Maureen and Mark from Doncaster, he sounded like an extra from kes, i could have listened to him all day! and Colin from Nottingham,) the shops, the beuatiful seafront, going on a jetboat, and getting 9 cd's off people.

Donna

Yes aint it just WOW ..... and im used to it ....

Glad you enjoyed it

Rob ECSC

REALLY ENJOYED OUR 3RD VISIT TO BRID.

GREAT MUSIC, GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND GREAT FRIENDS, MADE EVEN MORE SPECIAL THIS TIME BY TONY BEING GIVEN A SPOT IN THE CLUB ROOM ON FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ORRELL SOUL CLUB thumbsup.gif

ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT, ALREADY BOOKED IN FOR NEXT YEAR. :thumbsup:

SEE YOU ALL THEN

ANN & TONY

GREAT MUSIC, GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND GREAT FRIENDS, MADE EVEN MORE SPECIAL THIS TIME BY TONY BEING GIVEN A SPOT IN THE CLUB ROOM ON FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ORRELL SOUL CLUB :thumbsup:

ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT, ALREADY BOOKED IN FOR NEXT YEAR. :lol:

SEE YOU ALL THEN

ANN & TONY

Thought he did a great set Ann, we both really enjoyed his hour of Orrell Soul Club Choons....:ohmy:hatsoff2.gif:ohmy:

Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gif

enjoyed my weekend up in the far north,:ohmy: had some wonderful company all weekend thumbsup.gif ....... it was a completly differant scene to my usual nights in soul land :ohmy: , and everyone i met was very friendly and into the weekend ....... fabulous venue .......atb..........ezzie :lol:

Glad you enjoyed it Ezzie :thumbsup:

Rob

GREAT MUSIC, GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND GREAT FRIENDS, MADE EVEN MORE SPECIAL THIS TIME BY TONY BEING GIVEN A SPOT IN THE CLUB ROOM ON FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ORRELL SOUL CLUB thumbsup.gif

ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT, ALREADY BOOKED IN FOR NEXT YEAR. :ohmy:

SEE YOU ALL THEN

ANN & TONY

Nice to have the Orrell in there and real glad it made it a bit special for Tony :thumbsup:

Guest soufuldancer

just want to congratulate all the team once again..brid just gets better every year! and to be invited to play the music i love in the modern room as part of a great team of d.js is truly appreciated as for the weekend well it was just brilliant its that simple..the p.a system in the main room was really crisp and did justice to the 6ts & 7ts classics that were played out the atmosphere at the night sessions were magical as for the modern room there truly is every base covered over the weekend with every d.j bringing somthing special to the room the room was really busy all weekend but friday nite was especially electric! and so,so,so hot am sure all the d.js would just like to thank everyone who made the modern room such a success once again i was asked about a number of tracks i played over the weekend heres a few i remember...

d.j meme "how we do it"

barbera tucker "we love music"

mario biondi "this is what you are" wmc 011 mix

barry salone "be with you" seb skilisky mix

the style "devotion"

john gazzoo "what happened"

santa molina "piano feeling"

jimmy chew band "if"

we cookies "somthings changin"

judy hicks "was that all it was"

roll on 2012 sure to be another great weekend......

soulfully terry gee

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Another great weekend, well done gentlemen.

You've already addressed the beer queue problem, it didnt affect me as I used the bottle bar in the R&B room, however a better system to take into account the demand for cold beer might help for Brid 2012. Blood heat Coors Light isnt healthy :lol:

Liked the idea of the lights down in the main hall on Saturday night, but was the air conditioning working as it did get a bit like a rain-forest in there for a bit :lol:

A great Saturday afternoon in the Motown Room which was busier than last year & also enjoyed the Rare & Underplayed on the Saturday night.

Annual leave already booked for 2012 & tickets will be purchased in the next couple of months. It's definitely a Carslberg Weekender :sleep3:

Dave

Finally got a minute to myself as it's just been manic since I got home.

Well I couldn't think of a better way to spend a weekend.............well that are legal :D

Well done boys take a well earned bow (& all your many helpers) Yes the odd little niggle but nothing that can't be sorted for next year & nothing that had any major effect on the whole event.

Spent most of my time between the Rare/Underplayed Room & the R n B room & both were excellent all weekend.Messer's Parker & Ferguson were outstanding but heard some quality stuff from all dj's,really enjoyed the variety played & didn't hear a bad spot all weekend which takes some doing.Plenty of happy smiling faces & I seemed to spend all weekend laughing with plenty of banter flying about & no one taking it too serious.

Had the time of my life behind the deck (not quite sure about the people in front :D).Don't often get chance to play some different things out & about but with having such an open crowd most things seemed to be excepted which is a credit to the soulies who were in.The highlight for me was the reaction to The Four Tops-Ask The Lonely..........the full room to a man applauded it which was wonderful to see.

So all in all had a great time (not sure my kidney's will agree) & look forward to doing it all again at Scarborough thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Martyn & Lynn

PS Nearly forgot to say thank you to me old buddy Don Kitchin who I double decked with on the Saturday night.........it was a pleasure & a privilege :lol:

Edited by hullsoul

Trev steve would nic all the ale lol

Anyways to sum up the few little hiccups :lol:

.... Security sorted for next year ( DONE ) thumbsup.gif Spa staff brill anyway :lol:

Soundsystem fooking awesome ( never before have i had the pleasure to listen to northern on a system like that ) just remember the hf speakers for the folks that stand to the rear of base bins :D

Bar we will have more serious meetings on this matter over the coming months ( although i do know of many other venues why they have a worse problem with less in ) but will do what we can :D

Rob

From what I could see it wasn't the bar staff or lack of them but the lack of til's,they were all waiting for each other to sort there individual orders out?Also it would help if more bars were open,the one in the Rare/Underplayed room was only open on a night?

Sorry should have read all the threads before posting this,someones already mentioned it :(

Still struggling to get a beer probably helped my kidneys :D

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul

Rob

From what I could see it wasn't the bar staff or lack of them but the lack of til's,they were all waiting for each other to sort there individual orders out?Also it would help if more bars were open,the one in the Rare/Underplayed room was only open on a night?

Sorry should have read all the threads before posting this,someones already mentioned it :D

Still struggling to get a beer probably helped my kidneys thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Martyn

All will be kicked around next week at our debrief with the Spa next week. security no need to discuss them because its no longer important they will not be doing the doors next year .. :lol::D :D

just want to congratulate all the team once again..brid just gets better every year! and to be invited to play the music i love in the modern room as part of a great team of d.js is truly appreciated as for the weekend well it was just brilliant its that simple..the p.a system in the main room was really crisp and did justice to the 6ts & 7ts classics that were played out the atmosphere at the night sessions were magical as for the modern room there truly is every base covered over the weekend with every d.j bringing somthing special to the room the room was really busy all weekend but friday nite was especially electric! and so,so,so hot am sure all the d.js would just like to thank everyone who made the modern room such a success once again i was asked about a number of tracks i played over the weekend heres a few i remember...

d.j meme "how we do it"

barbera tucker "we love music"

mario biondi "this is what you are" wmc 011 mix

barry salone "be with you" seb skilisky mix

the style "devotion"

john gazzoo "what happened"

santa molina "piano feeling"

jimmy chew band "if"

we cookies "somthings changin"

judy hicks "was that all it was"

roll on 2012 sure to be another great weekend......

soulfully terry gee

Terry .

do not forget to take extra radox shower next year or a spare pair of limbs :lol:thumbsup.gif

A lot has already been said about the Brid Weekender and we can only agree that it was a superb weekend.thumbsup.gif

Would like to add our thanks to the Orrell Soul Club for their enjoyable session in the Club Soul room, we will be back across the hills in the not too distant future, and a mention for the Black Hearts Soul Club who not only did an excellent spot in the Club Soul room but also excelled in the Motown session. Two very versatile djs, we will be making tracks south to hear more of the same very soon.

Joyce and I flitted around the various rooms but settled for a long while in the R & B room on both evenings. Not only was it the coolest but some great music was played in there. Joyce had the place to herself for almost the first hour on Saturday evening but she was oblivious, just dancing her heart out to Dukesy. She danced so much over the weekend that her shoes gave up the ghost by late Sunday evening.laugh.gif

Rob Wickes was so obviously enjoying himself on the Sunday evening that it was infectious, aching legs could not help but keep going and he could not stop laughing when two cheerleaders joined him on stage.biggrin.gif

Going to try posting a video clip of them on YouTube under Bridlington Northern Soul Weekend 25th June 2011 Rob Wicks and the Cheerleaders.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCTmO3oBpnk. Might take a day or two to sort, not technically minded lol

Edited by JohnBarnsley

First time for us at Bridlington, definately go again. Awesome main room, breath taking. Thanks to Derek and Janet for booking for us, sorting hotel and lifts there and back :rolleyes:

Spent most of time in Rare room the music played in there was sublime by all dj's, if there is one particular record that will remind me of the weekend its El Anthony (thanks Martyn) thumbsup.gif

I cant believe we got ALL THAT for just £20. Everyone was friendly, Weather was glorious (still was'nt tempted on to the speed boat though Donz) :ohmy:

Its a must for next year :D (cheers)

Sandy

thumbsup.gifmodern room staying where it is !!, The air con was on full belt, but we are not allowed to open the doors to get air through.it felt cool walking in from the main room, but soon got warmed up once you were in there. I think it adds to the atmosphere in there, the big round tables won't be in there next year we'll get some smaller ones in, thanks for the kind comments, see you all soon

Robthumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gifmodern room staying where it is !!, The air con was on full belt, but we are not allowed to open the doors to get air through.it felt cool walking in from the main room, but soon got warmed up once you were in there. I think it adds to the atmosphere in there, the big round tables won't be in there next year we'll get some smaller ones in, thanks for the kind comments, see you all soon

Robthumbsup.gif

Need to knock a wall down and build an extension Rob cause at times it was bursting. On Friday night it was like a sauna and very uncomfortable, not convinced it was on full pelt till much later, had to find refuge in the RnB room to cool down. Saturday was much more comfortable for some reason? This is not having a go time, just stating a few facts.

GREAT MUSIC, GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND GREAT FRIENDS, MADE EVEN MORE SPECIAL THIS TIME BY TONY BEING GIVEN A SPOT IN THE CLUB ROOM ON FRIDAY NIGHT FOR ORRELL SOUL CLUB :thumbsup:

ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT, ALREADY BOOKED IN FOR NEXT YEAR. :rolleyes:

SEE YOU ALL THEN

ANN & TONY

WAS THIS THE GUY WHO PLAYED THE VASHONETTES? THOROUGHLY ENJOYED THE SPOT.

Need to knock a wall down and build an extension Rob cause at times it was bursting. On Friday night it was like a sauna and very uncomfortable, not convinced it was on full pelt till much later, had to find refuge in the RnB room to cool down. Saturday was much more comfortable for some reason? This is not having a go time, just stating a few facts.

Paul , fri they did not turn it on while late someone had forgot however sat it was on before we opened in the evening :lol:

Our third visit to the Spa, and what a time we had. The sound system was fab, last year I had trouble trying to keep myself from going deaf!! Much better this year. We spent a lot of this year in different rooms instead of installing ourselves in the main room like we usually do, what a treat, we have so many friends in the "Souling world" that each room we went in was a joy. I have to say whilst we are on that note, Bridgeys set on Saturday night in the main room was a stormer and the best of the weekend!!! We even toured the pubs of Brid and met up with other soulies doing the same thing, a brill night that was too.

Have to agree with the majority about the security staff, a touch of overkill on their part I think, not sure who they thought they were!!! Again getting a drink was a nightmare, more staff and more pumps behind the bar please, one of the reasons we didn't spend as much time in the main room was the wait, although it was as bad in the smaller rooms, bottle bar good idea, but not if you drink bitter!!

That said a good "un all round. Can't wait for Scarborough..................bring it on.

:thumbup:

Neil and Lisa

Our third visit to the Spa, and what a time we had. The sound system was fab, last year I had trouble trying to keep myself from going deaf!! Much better this year. We spent a lot of this year in different rooms instead of installing ourselves in the main room like we usually do, what a treat, we have so many friends in the "Souling world" that each room we went in was a joy. I have to say whilst we are on that note, Bridgeys set on Saturday night in the main room was a stormer and the best of the weekend!!! We even toured the pubs of Brid and met up with other soulies doing the same thing, a brill night that was too.

Have to agree with the majority about the security staff, a touch of overkill on their part I think, not sure who they thought they were!!! Again getting a drink was a nightmare, more staff and more pumps behind the bar please, one of the reasons we didn't spend as much time in the main room was the wait, although it was as bad in the smaller rooms, bottle bar good idea, but not if you drink bitter!!

That said a good "un all round. Can't wait for Scarborough..................bring it on.

:thumbup:

Neil and Lisa

Hi Neil

I thought the sound system was the best I'd ever heard anywhere ever for the Northern tracks--its to do with a Martin Sound box of tricks apparently which kills the echo we normally hear !! (see Andy Jackson !)

getting to the bottom of the bar problem as well and as Wicksy already said previously the Muppets will be gone forever from the Spa security Thank Godthumbsup.gif

Scarborough is looking very good --however tickets are limited til we establish the venue further, we have a few more available than last year due to using the Grand Ballroom-but it looks like an early sell out is on the cards at our sister venue !!--be quick !

Rob

Source Advert