2011-06-24: Bridlington Spa Northern Soul Weekender

Hi Neil

I thought the sound system was the best I'd ever heard anywhere ever for the Northern tracks--its to do with a Martin Sound box of tricks apparently which kills the echo we normally hear !! (see Andy Jackson !)

getting to the bottom of the bar problem as well and as Wicksy already said previously the Muppets will be gone forever from the Spa security Thank Godthumbsup.gif

Scarborough is looking very good --however tickets are limited til we establish the venue further, we have a few more available than last year due to using the Grand Ballroom-but it looks like an early sell out is on the cards at our sister venue !!--be quick !

Rob

Already got our tickets, thanks to Bridgey, and hotel booked, we are all set to go, roll on October

Neil and Lisa

• Replies 331
  • Views 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

thumbsup.gifGreat news, see you there !

Just a quick shout to anyone who wants copies of the Bridlington Magazine from #5 weekender £2.00 each plus 90p postage (up to 3 mags)

only half a dozen left

or

we have just under 20 copies of the Brid 5 weekender poster £2.00 each plus £1.30 postage (no matter how many-sent in a strong tube x)

all money to BLUEBELL Wood Childrens hospice

pm me for details of where to send cheques to

Rob for ECSCSC

Edited by Rob Wigley

Guest bury masonic

WHAT A BRILLIANT WEEKEND WE HAD! MEETING UP WITH GOOD FRIENDS, OLD AND NEW. ALL DUE RESPECT TO ROB,PAT,AND ROB, FOR BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER, ITS A CRACKING VENUE! :lol:

DERECK WAS PRIVILEGED TO PLAY A SPOT IN THE R"B ROOM ON SATURDAY NIGHT, AND HE THOROUGHLY ENJOYED HIMSELF, IT WAS GREAT TO SEE LIKE MINDED PEOPLE DANCING AND APPRECIATING THE TUNES WE KNOW AND LOVE!

WE WERE IN THE CLUB ROOM FOR THE "GRAVEYARD" SPOT AT 1.30 AND IT WAS A RATHER SURREAL EXPERIENCE!

THANKS TO THE FOLK WHO DANCED AND LISTENED, AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO SANDRA "THE GROUPIE"!! :D

ALL IN ALL, A MOST PLEASUREABLE WEEKEND, CANT WAIT TO DO IT ALL AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

TILL THEN,

REGARDS, DERECK AND SHEILA

RITA AND IAN. :thumbsup:

hatsoff2.gifdeks hat wa a peach, memory of him outside the pub with that on will live forever.

had a great weekend with mi mates, love brid, love the venue, probs? what probs , why worry bout little things which will be rectified? , promoters A1, looking forward to next year already

regards mickey2dinners

Guest BrandySistaShirl

hatsoff2.gifdeks hat wa a peach, memory of him outside the pub with that on will live forever.

had a great weekend with mi mates, love brid, love the venue, probs? what probs , why worry bout little things which will be rectified? , promoters A1, looking forward to next year already

regards mickey2dinners

you shudda tried walking thru brid wi him...laugh.gif

just glad he dint wanna wear it at the venue.:lol:

great weekend with great company................................(some of em drink too much for my likeing):thumbup:

Had a good day in Brid with the boys today, all matters and niggles mentioned and iron out, threw lots of ideas at the Spa managers for quenching your thirsts, they listened and hopefully those bar queue's will be a thing of the past ! and at the very least significantly reduced ! Thanks !

All comments on here have been passed on and noted and the thread is being active followed as well !

Thanks for all your kind comments they are really appreciated by the ECSCSC !

Rob

Ps I would also like to say all calls to the Spa are monitored and recorded and make very interesting listening on playback , especially when you recognise the voice !!no.gif

Had a good day in Brid with the boys today, all matters and niggles mentioned and iron out, threw lots of ideas at the Spa managers for quenching your thirsts, they listened and hopefully those bar queue's will be a thing of the past ! and at the very least significantly reduced ! Thanks !

All comments on here have been passed on and noted and the thread is being active followed as well !

Rob

Ps I would also like to say all calls to the Spa are monitored and recorded and make very interesting listening on playback , especially when you recognise the voice !!no.gif

How did I sound Rob...:):wave::P

Edited by Bridgey

Really hilarious moment that saturday afternoon end of sessionthumbsup.gif I had really been enjoying myself behind the decksblink.gif when in storms the security guy OI WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING he shouts at me !! I tried to explain that my name isnt OI , and that I didnt realise it was just after 5pm and everyone was having a ball and could I just let this record finish before everyone left . PUT IT THIS WAY I DONT LIKE BEING THREATENED BY SOMEONE PULLING THE PLUG OUT , so I suggested to everyone that they should show some sign of disapproval , when everyone did so (I must stress in a very humorous wayph34r.gif ) no sense of humour at all this guy, and the look on his face was priceless as he shouted for "back up" into his radio ,we just fell about laughing , the security staff ..0 punters..1 .

On a more serious note thought the best bit of the weekend for me was without a doubt the fantastic crowd that partied non stop , a real pleasure to play to them , those afternoon sessions were so enjoyable in the Modern/crossover room so a huge THANK YOU to everyone that joined us and made it so special thumbup.gif Steve

Yesterday Steve at our defrief meeting at the Spa.... this was mentioned ... The security staff do not have that brief ... thats down to us and Spa management :)

Guest dazzzzler

Rob

well nice to see promoters takin on board what punters think,after all we all strive for a faultless weekend and we know that will never happen.:ohmy:no.gif .:lol: .not for off tho :thumbsup: .

well nice to see promoters takin on board what punters think,after all we all strive for a faultless weekend and we know that will never happen.laugh.gifno.gif .yes.gif .not for off tho :thumbsup: .

Yes Daz.... we always take on board what folks say and if valid which they nearly always are we act straight away we do not pay lip service, with the points we raised though they were not only the paying soul fan but were indeed ours. Even during the weekender the major one being the security was raised sat morning :ohmy:

next year a change of security :lol: i will not say anymore ..( However bag searches will continue although carried out like they were in 2010.. This is the norm now with most if not all large venues throughout the uk contraband booze smuggling is becoming a major headache by a very small minority i would add, not only does it put the venues viability at risk but also its license and one we support )

Having discussed the bars with the Bar manger they will look at introducing various extra measures etc next year . Although they did point out that some of the other bars were underused because of folks reluctance to go to adjoining rooms or leave the Q also on a number of occasions because our lot tend to be curtious etc and form lines biggrin.gif on numerous occasions whilst the q was long folksthey were busy having a good old chin wag and were just not coming to bar fast enough biggrin.gif .... So various additions and revisions etc etc etc will be explored and if viable will be implemented... more on this in 2012 on lead up to Brid #6 22 23 24th June

Rob

Edited by Naughty Boy
Guest dazzzzler

Yes Daz.... we always take on board what folks say and if valid which they nearly always are we act straight away we do not pay lip service, with the points we raised though they were not only the paying soul fan but were indeed ours. Even during the weekender the major one being the security was raised sat morning :thumbsup:

next year a change of security :lol: i will not say anymore ..( However bag searches will continue although carried out like they were in 2010.. This is the norm now with most if not all large venues throughout the uk contraband booze smuggling is becoming a major headache by a very small minority i would add, not only does it put the venues viability at risk but also its license and one we support )

Having discussed the bars with the Bar manger they will look at introducing various extra measures etc next year . Although they did point out that some of the other bars were underused because of folks reluctance to go to adjoining rooms or leave the Q also on a number of occasions because our lot tend to be curtious etc and form lines :boxing: on numerous occasions whilst the q was long folksthey were busy having a good old chin wag and were just not coming to bar fast enough :boxing: .... So various additions and revisions etc etc etc will be explored and if viable will be implemented... more on this in 2012 on lead up to Brid #6 22 23 24th June

Rob

yes pissed off wi bag search they took my suspenders and make up :lol: .

What a Weekender......

I had such a great time and my sincere thanks goes out to Pat, Rob. Rob and the rest of the ECSCSC, who allowed me to play a few tunes in the main room this year, as well as the people who came to support us representing Rumworth Halls, in the club room on Sat Night.

IMHO ..... My Respect and Regards go out to all that danced, partied and enjoyed themselves throughout the whole soulful weekend.... Thank you ...... Roll on 2012 .... BRENT.

PS not getting giddy Rob ...lol

Guest Alwayssoul

Really enjoyed Brid weekender, particularly " Brent Howarth" as always Brent played top tunes, Bridgey" and Rob Wicks's stood out on the saturday night !!! I danced my old heart out !!!! lol Well done to all great weekender will defo be going again next year .

Guest big A

Have to say this is the 5th Bridlington Ann & I have done and it really does go from strength to strength, the R&B room was awesome, the main room bounced as always, hands up those who made new mates etc in the Q's for the bar, I know I did (again). The South Cheshire contingent gets bigger next year there are another 6 coming from Crewe, and a shed load more from potteries.

We dunna do the politics of whats on the East Coast because we have had 4 (did'nt do it first year mistake) great weeks holiday in Filey and next year we have two weeks booked how can it get any better.

I am saving up all me gripes for when I am sat upstairs with JC.

Well done again to all involved.

Well if the availability of accommodation (or should I say lack of it as so many places seems fully booked already yes.gif) is anything to go by , as its taken absolutely hours to find any vacancies , I think 2012 will sell out rather quickly......................................................................................... so get your tickets ordered now to save disappointment!!thumbup.gif

Well if the availability of accommodation (or should I say lack of it as so many places seems fully booked already yes.gif) is anything to go by , as its taken absolutely hours to find any vacancies , I think 2012 will sell out rather quickly......................................................................................... so get your tickets ordered now to save disappointment!!thumbup.gif

JUST A REMINDER TO EVERYONE NEXT YEARS DATES ARE :- 22 23 24th JUNE 2012 :ohmy:

• Helpful 1

I can vouch for that myself, not got mine yet and don't want to venture back to the 2 s**t holes I've had in the past !!! thumbsup.gif

Well over 1,000 tickets as I know of already gone for 2012 !!!!! without a doubt the UKs number one weekender !

Tickets are in agents hands NOW, mine are in the post to my usual agents next week-first come first served x

Rob

Guest the dukester

Heads up if you are wanting to stay in Brid...........

Went to Brid early this week and you would be suprised how many b&b's are already full up for the ECSC Weekend.

As Rob says get in early and get a good one........... :tumbleweed3: or else!!!!

Oh BTW....My Playlist from R'n'B room 2011 up now :thumbup:

Cheers

Dukes and Julie :hatsoff2:

Well if the availability of accommodation (or should I say lack of it as so many places seems fully booked already :yes:) is anything to go by , as its taken absolutely hours to find any vacancies , I think 2012 will sell out rather quickly......................................................................................... so get your tickets ordered now to save disappointment!!thumbup.gif

https://www.laterooms.com/en/p6551/pvdigital/Hotels.aspx?k=bridlington&d=20120622&n=3&rt=1-0 if anybody wants a room