What Is Your Top Tune That Gets You Up

Guest scootagav

Guest scootagav

What is your favourite tune that just does it for you..i know there is plenty but just the one..i have to say the night by frankie valli..i have been stood at a bar, even going to the toilet and when i hear the into to this tune, i,m running for the dance floor lol..

Social source share

• Replies 33
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest JamesP

Wade Flemons-Jeanette. always tops never get bored with this

Wynder K Frog- I`m a man . Fast and furious. luverly

Social source share

Guest karen b

I ask myself everytime,

Is it really really sad to still have a wiggle to 7day lover, danced to at my first allniter 34ish years ago,

and still pulls me on the floor all these years later, or is it 'just what we do' ???rolleyes.gif

Karen xxx

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Checkerboard Squares - Double Cookin'

I know its been played to death and i have heard it a million times.

But i just can't stay sat down when it comes on.

Stu.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Combinations - Watcha Gonna Do

Once ran all the way to the dancefloor from the upstairs record bar at the old Middleton to dance to it. Never knowingly not danced to it.

Trouble is it's so bloody rare i rarely hear it out. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest sandi

AT THE MOMENT IT HAS TO BE, LOUIS DYER "I WANNA MAKE LOVE TO YOU".

MAKES THE HAIR STAND UP ON THE BACK OF MY NECK JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.

SANDI

Social source share

There are very few Oldies that have me skipping to the floor nowadays, not even my all time fav, Frank Beverley - If thats what you wanted, the joints just ain't as supple as 1973 but I'll make an effort for Gloria Jones - Come go with me, also the Tomangoes - I really love you. Now if we're talking more recent plays then there's 3 that get the feet tapping & the fingers clicking; Bernard Williams - Focused on you; Henry C & the Ivy League - Country Girl, plus posibly the best dancer since Butch had an Afro , Parliaments - This is my rainy day.:hatsoff2:

Take care, be safe & remember," No don't stop the carnival,No don't stop the carnival, You'll find a better way, to sing the night & day away",

Spot.:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

"Open a can of meat balls mum, weve come to a fork in the road " by Shag Conners LP Only Track

Does it for me every time

And suposedly rarer than the Combinations!!:hatsoff2:

A poor man's Wurzels.

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

Ronnie McNeir - Sitting in my class, I know its not everyones cup of tea but I just love it - it takes me back to the fantastic nights I spent at the Central in Leeds - makes me all nostalgic and feeling young again!

Social source share

Guest soul elite

Gimme some lovin'--- The Deltones:thumbsup:

has me running for the dancefloor, then in a complete world of my own:wub: :hatsoff2::thumbsup:

sorry thought it was only one song you wanted.

Edited by soul elite
Social source share

I just can´t get it out of my head, not even for one day...it´s the uptempo version of Screamin Jay Hawkins: I PUT A SPELL ON YOU.....also the LETTER by Lou rawls....on the Niter its Mr. Ray Charles...the doctor

CHRIS

Social source share

The Antellects - Love Slave :D

The Deadbeats - No Second Chance :thumbsup:

The Cashmeres - Showstopper :lol:

Other Music.............

Big Joe Turner - Boogie Woogie Country Girl & The Chicken & The Hawk :yes:

Benny Goodman - Sing, Sing, Sing (13 min version) :thumbsup::D

Debbie X

boogie woogie + chicken & the hawk ,top tooones if ya like that stuff ,play em every wednesday @ the grange in rotherham, rock n roll , jive nite :no:. paul

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

"Open a can of meat balls mum, weve come to a fork in the road " by Shag Conners LP Only Track

Does it for me every time

And suposedly rarer than the Combinations!!:lol:

Shit Rare Nige ....especially if you've a signed copy.....Now im sure ive seen you backdropping to this tune on numerous occasions...

Social source share

Seem to have hit the wrong button just then with my genuine reply to Nige Browns' thread on Shag Conners' & the Carrot Crunchers.Now there was an act guarenteed to make you piss-yourself laughing,even when you didn't need a piss!! A loveley guy and true professional performer together with his live cock (!) on stage with him. Incidentally he lived in or around the Yate area,when Yate was going on.Did anyone ever witness a guy there wearing a yokel smock with a big cock in his hand?? LOL. RIP 'ol Shag. Have the same album Nige, minter and autographed as well,by Shag,not the cock!! Is it worth 'owt? LOL

Social source share

What is your favourite tune that just does it for you..i know there is plenty but just the one..i have to say the night by frankie valli..i have been stood at a bar, even going to the toilet and when i hear the into to this tune, i,m running for the dance floor lol..

THE MOMENTS -YOU SAID ALWAYS HITS THE SPOT:yes:

Social source share

Currently, for me, it's The Fiestas, Appointments, George Lemons, Honey & Wine cover up, Mello Souls, Calvin Grayson, Curtis Liggins, and anything that Karl Heard and Big George play if it's from their funky box! Bow.gif

Social source share

There are too many to mention

willie hutch - love runs out......my all time fav. top tune.........EVER!!

Salvadors - Stick By Me Baby.......some tunes only blokes should be allowed to dance to.........this is one!!

Malibus - Gee Baby......2 mins +a bit of pure bass line northern soul heaven

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Too many to mention. Possibly Gwen Owens, "Wanted and Needed".

Although for many years, my domestic record sessions have tended to culminate with me swaggering and swaying and staggering around the front room to, "Everything Man" by Daybreak...

As I am about to do now, come to think of it! :-)

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert