• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Van McCoy = Genius (3)

:thumbsup:

Sean

The co-writer Alecia Evelyn, wrote a bunch of pop and rock & roll songs too........................:no: Also listen and learn langauge tapes :thumbsup: This record holds "The Record" as being the most played soul record on TV & film. When you hear the intro you just want to hug the nearest secretary :yes:

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

I wrote an article about Van McCoy for Dave Moore's "There's That Beat" - the more I dug into the man the more I was in awe of him. The real highlight was tracking down and befriending David Kapralik his long time partner at Columbia/Date, freckling awesome dude !!:wub::huh:

Van McCoy has been forever synonymous with soul music and not many soul stars can match his contribution. Chris Lalor takes a look at the man, his life, his music and pays tribute to one of the few people who wear the mantle of "legendary" in complete comfort.

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

post-4408-003135100 1279198963_thumb.jpg

When I brought Sandi Sheldon over to play at The Rocket she gave me a private picture of her and Van Mccoy..........will have to dig it out and post it up.I believe Sandi was Kendra Spotswood and also Jack and Jill.Matty Taylor Vans sister also came over.She was after UK groups who covered Van compositions.Someone did a UK cover version of Giving Up

Social source share

When I brought Sandi Sheldon over to play at The Rocket she gave me a private picture of her and Van Mccoy..........will have to dig it out and post it up.I believe Sandi was Kendra Spotswood and also Jack and Jill.Matty Taylor Vans sister also came over.She was after UK groups who covered Van compositions.Someone did a UK cover version of Giving Up

I was her driver...........................:thumbsup: I have a poster from the Chris Bartley album with her gazing into Chris's eyes........:thumbsup:

Social source share

This is Sandi Sheldon giving Chris Bartley the cuckoo eyes........................:thumbsup:

post-4408-049362400 1279214080_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Chris,

Is the poster signed by both Chris and Sandi? That's a cool piece of memorabelia Mate. Nice one.

Regards,

Dave

Yes Dave, they did it at New Brunswick in the hotel lobby, they hadn't seen each other for years. What a smashing bloke Bartley was, no wonder Van McCoy loved him :D

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Betty Everett - Getting Mighty Crowded -

As we know, many of our records have been issued in other countries, here's just a few for BETTY EVERETT

I have also heard of one from HOLLAND with a Picture Cover.

Any More out there ISSUE This Van McCoy GEM.

VEE-JAY_VJ-628-A_DJ-1.gifVEE-JAY_VJ-628-B_DJ-1.gif - U.S.A. DEMO

Fontana_TF-520-A-1.gifFontana_TF-520-B-1.gif - U.K.

Fontana_TF-270130-A-1.gifFontana_TF-270130-B-1.gif - NEW ZEALAND

Fontana_AA-270130-1F-1.gifFontana_AA-270130-2F-1.gif - FRENCH

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!