Oldest Established 60S/soul Club

Guest JamesP

Guest JamesP

Not the longest running but wonder if any one can beat Cafe A Go Go for the oldest ESTABLISHED club. We started Cafe in Cardiff originally in march 1982. Off the back of the mod revival we strayed into psychadelia. On the opening night in Duke Street Arcade we had nearly 400 people turn up. from all over country Had to turn loads away, most waited in arcade and took their chances on a one in one out. Ran for about year and a half. Started club back up in 2006 and after a few venue changes etc settled on our new home The Promised Land jan this year. Okay I know we had a bit of a break in the middle :lol: but we always intended to get it back open, just took a bit longer than we thought. Mind you my divorce helped, strangely enough only 3 months before we re-opened!

So can we lay claim to oldest established.......?

me on right btw

16741_201620021413_732591413_3975742_4877481_n.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest JamesP

I meant established as in founded or set up and not in the sense of longest running, ok didnt know 6ts Rhythm and Soul Society formed in 79, so you have answered my question. Havent said we were a soul club just used that in title along with 60s. Also the posting was just giving a bit of background and publicity on our club, sometimes its nice to know the roots and history of a place. The post was a bit tongue in cheek. As in all posts they spark some sort of debate and response. Wasnt meant to be particularly serious

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!