Louise

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Dave

Thats sad news. He was a great guy, used to work in Brad's shop from time to time. He painted a whole bunch of record boxes for his shop, they look so cool.

He also did the artwork for a few of the early classic funky sleeves for Parliment/Funkadelic.

Alround nice guy.

Dave

Social source share

• 1 month later...

That's a lovely tribute you posted there... well done and thanks.

RIP Hermon Weems... sad news but he left some great music behind. The Supremes version of "You've Got To Pay The Price" is one of my all time favs.

Edited by isis
Social source share

Thanks Folks

For all your comments, the credit for the photo's must go to Mike.

Hermon's family where supposed to send me some photo's and a copy of the funeral programme, but there wasn't enough programmes printed to go around all the people that attended the funeral. So as yet nothing has turned up.

Dave Welding

Social source share

Dave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks fot the information. I presume that Hermon was the co-writer of Sam & Kitty's Northern Soul classic - 'I've got something good' - with an L Dandridge being the other writer. All in all a talented Writer, Musician, and Artist, who will be very sadly missed. R.I.P. Hermon, your talets uplifted me.!

Social source share

WELL DONE KID,

WE SHOULD NEVER FORGET PEOPLE LIKE HERMON...............WHO CONTINUE TO GIVE US SUCH PLEASURE & NEVER RECEIVED THE RECOGNICIAN THEY DESERVED.

HIS WORK WILL LIVE FOREVER.

WE HAD THE GOOD FORTUNE OF VISITING BRAD HALES @ PEOPLES RECORDS 5 YEARS AGO WHEN WE ON HOLIDAY FOR MY 50th. BIRTHDAY.

HE IS DETERMINED TO KEEP THE SPIRIT OF THE M.C. ALIVE & KICKING & THANKS TO HIM PEOPLE LIKE HERMON WILL GET THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE.

RIP BROTHER HERMON

ORFANSFROMDETROIT

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!